Options

material to put around bed base?

shaun_lenchshaun_lench Posts: 171
Forum Member
Good afternoon.

I have a double bed which is fine except for the base for it which is all ripped and messy now since the cats had a right go at it.

What im wondering is whether i could buy some material to glue on there or something as can't afford a bed right now but it looks ugly and is doing my head in.

Any idea's are very welcome.

Thanks

Shaun

Comments

• Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume its a divan bed? Could you not just get a valance sheet to put on it?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1360952.htm for example, other sizes are available.
  • Options
    shaun_lenchshaun_lench Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Thanks very much Gogfumble i knew the valance existed but never the base one.

You have just saved me a bit of cash and work. : )

Have a great day

Shaun
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also get a divan base wrap, which is basically the modern equivalent of a valance. There's a faux suede one here. (Just an example).

I've got valances at the moment but I like the look of wraps - bit more modern.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luckylila wrote: »
    You can also get a divan base wrap, which is basically the modern equivalent of a valance. There's a faux suede one here. (Just an example).

I like them, tempted to get one for my bed.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I like them, tempted to get one for my bed.

I bought two new divan double beds and they had the brown suede finish on the base, and silver / chrome gliders rather than castors. It does look very smart, and makes vacuuming easier since you don't have a frilly valance sheet hanging down in the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a valance at the moment, just have my divan base showing.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow , thanks for this thread .I have the same problem as the OP and the base is ripped .Love the wrap idea
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    luckylila wrote: »

I'd go for that, much neater.