Options

Phone contract coming to an end - need general advise

ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,545
Forum Member
✭✭
Current 2 year contract is coming to an end. I'm with O2 paying £15 a month for unlimited texts and 100 mins, with my phone a Nokia Xpress music.

To be honest, I'm quite happy with the phone, so an upgrade on that is not an essential part of any purchase, although obviously if I could wiggle my way into getting a nice HTC or iPhone I wouldn't say no!

Can anybody give me recommendations on what steps to take next? How far can you push the phone companies in negotiating a new contract? I'm looking to keep unlimited texts, have additional minutes (around 300) and unlimited O2-to-O2 calls would come in handy, as would a limited amount of internet data allowance. Are there any O2 PAYG deals that offer something similar to this? It would be great if I could reduce the cost to £10 a month, but maybe a pipe dream for all that. Don't want to go any higher than £15.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've been on a £25 month contract with o2 which is just ending and they didn't offer me anything when I cancelled. The only thing they offer on an upgrade is a 12 month contract on some of the older phones. If u don't mind an older phone you might get decent deal but if you want a newer phone you won't get any special deals :(
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard O2 aren't doing anything great in the way of retentions lately... usual tactic used to be to do some homework about what deals are out there and then call retentions and see what they can do to match/get what you want. Seems O2 aren't playing that game so much anymore.