A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p Just had dinner. Had a two hour seminar this morning and have another one at 6 but I have some work to do first. I'll be moving into a new building for classes tomorrow :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p Just had dinner. Had a two hour seminar this morning and have another one at 6 but I have some work to do first. I'll be moving into a new building for classes tomorrow :D

Hi Cnbc :)

I'm curled up on the sofa surfing the 'net and listening to music on Spotify. I wish that this cold would just do one.

What classes are you taking now? :)
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon. The joys of waiting for a hotfix to be deployed into testing so I can work, nothing to do for a while.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon. The joys of waiting for a hotfix to be deployed into testing so I can work, nothing to do for a while.

Hi, Truth. :) How are you?

Enjoying your new job?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Hi, Truth. :) How are you?

Enjoying your new job?

I'm good. Yeah, the job is enjoyable although our test environments are, shall we say, a bit unstable which holds us back a bit.

I wrote my first test plan today though so I'm progressing :)
    Forum Member
    Hi Cnbc :)

I'm curled up on the sofa surfing the 'net and listening to music on Spotify. I wish that this cold would just do one.

What classes are you taking now? :)

Afternoon! Did you go to work? Aww hope you get better soon :( I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and one of my classmates has one as well. She got it after her graduation. The class tomorrow is one about the foundations and theory behind disability law. It's a compulsory class and our lecturer is going on sabbatical after Christmas so he's trying to get as much done as possible. It's been hectic!

I've got a Law, Regulation and Policy one this evening (and no more presentations for that, but I do have a learning journal to write) and I've got Mental Health Law on Tuesdays. We're supposed to be going to visit a mental hospital in the next couple of weeks. That should be interesting :cool: I'm looking forward to semester 2 as one of my modules is Equality Law and my favourite lecturer's teaching that ;-) I've to give a presentation next Tuesday. One of the lecturers in the law school has gone AWOL. He went abroad for a conference (won't say where) and never came back. He got stuck and nobody knows what happened to him :o
    Forum Member
    ^ I did go to work, yes. Glad to be home now though.

Hope that man shows up soon. That doesn't sound good. His family must be so worried.
    Forum Member
    How long were you in work for? Nobody, not even other lecturers, know what happened to him! I heard the story from one of my friends who has the lecturer in question for Equity. Apparently he got stuck abroad and nobody knows why he got stuck over there or when he'll be back. He has a Twitter but he doesn't tweet much and the last tweet was yesterday. Maybe someone else has his password, I don't know. Not sure if he has a Facebook but I shall find out. I'm not sure what his family are thinking but I bet they are worried :(

EDIT: Found his Facebook. Doesn't say much on there, but he might have it set to private. He posts some weird pics. He posted a photo of himself topless! :o Nothing wrong with that per se but what happens if the students find out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *groans* Hotfix comes in, test environment gets sick
    Forum Member
    Was the hotfix for Windows Truth?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's for the inhouse web application our team is responsible for testing.

All test environments are experiencing issues so we haven't been able to run a single test for 3 days.
    Forum Member
    I see. It sounds hectic there :o How come they're having issues? Are the sysadmins a few gigabytes short of a hard drive? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone is, that's for sure. The environments are well known for being unstable.
    Forum Member
    How come they're unstable? Is it because they use Windows and the sysadmins are a few gigs short of a hard drive? :p Still no sign of the lecturer gone AWOL. Nobody knows what happened :o
    Forum Member
    Things are getting interesting with the missing lecturer. My friends have got three theories about what happened to him. One suggests that he got ebola and is in an isolation unit or that he got arrested (which sounds a bit Farfetch'd), another suggests that he's on sick leave and another one suggests he has left the college (which wouldn't surprise me since he apparently hates the place). Nobody knows if he's back in the country or not. My favourite lecturer is taking over his Equity classes and even she doesn't know! :o I might have to talk to her :D My friends are worried as their exams are coming up and they don't know who will be correcting them, especially if he doesn't turn up for the rest of the semester. I have a feeling that's gonna happen. It's a mystery! :confused:
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p
    Forum Member
    Missing lecturer probem solved - well sort of! Apparently he's out sick at the moment. My favourite lecturer told me ;-) So he hasn't gone AWOL after all!
    Forum Member
    ^ Good to know.

How are you all?

I have a sore throat as well as a cold now. Ugh, I love winter for the clothing and food, but not for illness.

I've just had a hot bath and now I'm curled up on the sofa, listening to Katy Perry's "Prism" and waiting for dinner (stew and dumplings) to finish cooking.
    Forum Member
    Well if he's out sick at least he's back in the country and didn't catch ebola or get arrested. I thought that theory was Farfetch'd :p She didn't say how long he would be out of college for and she's taking over his classes at the moment. I knew she would know! She always knows. Aww hope you get better soon Mimi :( I don't like winter at all. Spring/summer is my favourite time of the year.
    Forum Member
    Morning! At a conference on prisoners and mental patients' rights. All the Masters students were invited by The Puppetmaster.
    Forum Member
    Evening.

Catching up with tonight's Hollyoaks.

Anyone had any trick or treaters? I haven't. We haven't had them for years now.
    Forum Member
    Evening! I had an interesting day. I was at a conference on prisoners and mental patients' rights and the law surrounding those rights. It was really interesting and a real eye-opener. It's shocking how some people are treated in this day and age :o I'm not saying prisoners should live in 5 star hotels but they deserve a bit of dignity and they shouldn't live in squalor. I went out for dinner so I missed the T&T'ers.
    Forum Member
    Morning

Gotta go to work in an hour or so. I really wish that at the weekends I was given the earlier shifts. I hate waiting around to go to work for three hours. I definitely need to find something more sustainable. Working for three hours everyday is terrible. I really think that zero hour contracts should be abolished.
    Forum Member
    Morning

Gotta go to work in an hour or so. I really wish that at the weekends I was given the earlier shifts. I hate waiting around to go to work for three hours. I definitely need to find something more sustainable. Working for three hours everyday is terrible. I really think that zero hour contracts should be abolished.

Well if I ever end up working in law reform, then I might be able to change that :D Perhaps I could write a research paper on the topic of employment contracts and the law. My favourite lecturer could help as she's an employment law expert (or labour law as my college calls it) :cool:
    Forum Member
    Evening.

Glad to be home. I'm curled up on the sofa, reading "Gone Girl" and waiting for my pizza to arrive.

What are you all doing?
    Well if I ever end up working in law reform, then I might be able to change that :D Perhaps I could write a research paper on the topic of employment contracts and the law. My favourite lecturer could help as she's an employment law expert (or labour law as my college calls it) :cool:

Thanks :p All it does is keep the rich rich and the poor poor.