Skaro's Return

TemporalParadoxTemporalParadox Posts: 340
Forum Member
Does anyone know why Skaro has mysteriously returned in the Adventure Game: City of the Daleks? I'm slightly confused. have I missed something? Is it explained or not? Or is it just that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed in the Time War and was only just left in ruin? Any help?

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I don't know, but I'm really hoping it will be used in future eps :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daleks rewrote time with the 'Eye of Time' thing, and brung it back.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why Skaro has mysteriously returned in the Adventure Game: City of the Daleks? I'm slightly confused. have I missed something? Is it explained or not? Or is it just that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed in the Time War and was only just left in ruin? Any help?

Skaro wasn't destroyed in the Time War.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skaro wasn't destroyed in the Time War.

It was destroyed in Remembrance of the Daleks though, wasn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »

Allegedly, though later retconned out in the novels, mostly because it was shown to still exist in the TV Movie (supposedly, it was a fake Skaro that got blown up).
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    For the first time, I am ignoring the Press Statements and pretending that The Adventure Games are not canon (they are if I am not mistaken???). They are just silly albeit rather addictive games- well the first was anyway. :D If that was really the daleks return following ViOTD, I am quite disappointed. The story certainly wasn't an attracting factor of City of the Daleks for me. :)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I thought McCoy blew it up too. Oh well. I must be out of synch with the 'canon'..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Christmas on Skaro anyone?
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    asto47 wrote: »
    Christmas on Skaro anyone?

I actually want a Dalek-episode this Xmas. That way, the daleks have made a Series 6 appearance, obliging the once-a-series-appearance they have to make. (It would also get quite good viewing figures I would imagine, and the new rainbow daleks could make it most festive :p ) *WE WILL EXTERMINATE SANTA!!!!!!!!!!*

Then, the daleks do not need to appear until the Series 7 finale, in which they make an explosive return. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time, I am ignoring the Press Statements and pretending that The Adventure Games are not canon (they are if I am not mistaken???). They are just silly albeit rather addictive games- well the first was anyway. :D If that was really the daleks return following ViOTD, I am quite disappointed. The story certainly wasn't an attracting factor of City of the Daleks for me. :)

Are you suggesting the next ones out? and i missed it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Are you suggesting the next ones out? and i missed it?

No. I think we are in some way hoping that the next one will be different in style.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought McCoy blew it up too. Oh well. I must be out of synch with the 'canon'..

He did but anything can and probably DID happen during the Time War.

Can you even use a term like "during" to describe the Time War? :D
  • TemporalParadoxTemporalParadox Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    I read somewhere that it was stated in some other media that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed then, and some other planet was...probably isn't canon though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere that it was stated in some other media that Skaro wasn't actually destroyed then, and some other planet was...probably isn't canon though.
    You probably read it here:
    Allegedly, though later retconned out in the novels, mostly because it was shown to still exist in the TV Movie (supposedly, it was a fake Skaro that got blown up).

...and as far as I'm aware, it's never been contradicted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dalek propaganda. :mad: That was probably New Skaro.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    Dalek propaganda. :mad: That was probably New Skaro.

Actually, the whole thing about Skaro being obliterated is a bit worrying when you consider that in Planet of the Daleks, we were told the pacifistic Thals were still living on the planet. Whatever happened to them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Thals were said to have relocated to another homeworld, sometime before the Renegade-Imperial Dalek civil war. (DWM Comic: Emperor of the Daleks) In their absence, the Doctor had Skaro destroyed. (DW: Remembrance of the Daleks)

In reality, a decoy world named Antalin had been destroyed. The Thals were known to have survived past Antalin's destruction, and fought the Daleks on Terakis. (EDA: War of the Daleks)

The real Skaro was destroyed in the Last Great Time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords. DW: Daleks in Manhattan) In Daleks in Manhattan, one of the Cult of Skaro states that its homeworld was 'destroyed in a great war', presumably the last great Time War. If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Thals were said to have relocated to another homeworld, sometime before the Renegade-Imperial Dalek civil war. (DWM Comic: Emperor of the Daleks) In their absence, the Doctor had Skaro destroyed. (DW: Remembrance of the Daleks)

In reality, a decoy world named Antalin had been destroyed. The Thals were known to have survived past Antalin's destruction, and fought the Daleks on Terakis. (EDA: War of the Daleks)

The real Skaro was destroyed in the Last Great Time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords. (DW: Daleks in Manhattan) In Daleks in Manhattan, one of the Cult of Skaro states that its homeworld was 'destroyed in a great war', presumably the last great Time War. If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks

Thanks, you've just remembered half a dozen details I'd completely forgotten. Dalek history is a nightmare to keep straight.:)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks

But RTD has considered the openings of the Time War being way back as far as Genesis of the Daleks, so the events of Remembrance could be included.
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The real Skaro was destroyed in the Last Great Time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords. DW: Daleks in Manhattan) In Daleks in Manhattan, one of the Cult of Skaro states that its homeworld was 'destroyed in a great war', presumably the last great Time War. If this world is Skaro (its name is not mentioned) then this would support the idea that Antalin was destroyed in DW: Remembrance of the Daleks. It is also possible of course that this homeworld was not Skaro, as the planet is visited post-Time War in VG: City of the Daleks

Bloomin' 'eck, I'm going to have to bookmark that because Dalek history is worse than trying to remember all the Kings and Queens of England!