What boxset are you currently watching?

Comments

• pzboyzpzboyz Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished Mad Men 1 and 2 just before Christmas, have Series 3 to start watching now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished 'The Walking Dead' - AMAZING!

Now on to 'Smallville' season one - I'm not too keen on this 'monster of the week' format they have but ill stick with it in the hope that it gets better.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Dharma572 wrote: »
    Now on to 'Smallville' season one - I'm not too keen on this 'monster of the week' format they have but ill stick with it in the hope that it gets better.

The "monster of the week" thing was, for the most part, jettisoned after season 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Farscape.

Up to season 4 at the moment. Still enjoy watching this series.
  • wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Legend of the Seeker R1 import - onto the last disc and hoping season 2 gets delivered in time for the weekend:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV wise: Torchwood series 2

Film wise: The Omen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wildangel wrote: »
    Legend of the Seeker R1 import - onto the last disc and hoping season 2 gets delivered in time for the weekend:D

Are they ever going to release that on R2? :(
  • wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Kassiknorr,

Supposedly later this year, but got fed up waiting when I got midway through re-reading Stone of Tears!

The show's a lot better than I expected (once you get over the differences from the books).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Currently flitting beetween Thunderbirds and The West Wing Series 4.Nearly finished Thunderbirds and have The Pacific on order from Amazon...so think I'll try Band of Brothers next.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ordered This Life ... tv show from the 90,s it was great not sure if anyone here will remem it tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gone from DW The Specials, Series 5 through An Idoit Abroad and now onto Buffy Series 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    Just ordered This Life ... tv show from the 90,s it was great not sure if anyone here will remem it tho

Its only been 15 years since it launched :eek::D and 4 years since the reunion....loads of us on here will remember it. It was also one of the iconic Brit TV shows of the 90s so I expect loads of people will remember it. Uk Gold also screened it a few times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Its only been 15 years since it launched :eek::D and 4 years since the reunion....loads of us on here will remember it. It was also one of the iconic Brit TV shows of the 90s so I expect loads of people will remember it. Uk Gold also screened it a few times.

15 years ... now i feel old :cry: ive looked for it a few times on uk gold but after after a terr wknd of tv decided to buy it, looking forward to it, dont remem a reunion:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    15 years ... now i feel old :cry: ive looked for it a few times on uk gold but after after a terr wknd of tv decided to buy it, looking forward to it, dont remem a reunion:confused:

Im yet to watch the reunion - not having watched it at the time but there was one just a few years ago.

"In 2006, the BBC reconvened the original cast for a special one-off 80-minute special, looking at what had happened to the lead characters in the intervening ten years. The resulting new episode, entitled + 10 onscreen with the original title sequence used intact making the title of the programme simply This Life as before and the title of the episode "+ 10", was screened on 2 January 2007, and was a co-production between BBC Wales and the original producers World Productions. This Life + 10 was written by Jenkins, directed by Ahearne and produced by Garnett. It gained 3.5 million viewers, with a 14% audience share."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks .. will look out for that :D
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    1970s BBC series Moonbase 3. It's a bit boring (which is probably why it only lasted 6 episodes) but I admire its hard sci-fi approach to near future space travel. Clearly the forerunner to Star Cops, Space Island One and Defying Gravity.
  • Voyager_iiiVoyager_iii Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I've just finished watching the final season (7) of Deep Space Nine - excellent! In my opinion it's up there among the greats, and certainly beats BSG.

I've treated myself to the BBC's A for Andromeda series which first aired in 1961 (showing my age now!); starring Julie Christie in the first season, and Susan Hampshire in the second.

It's the first Science Fiction I remember watching as my mother wouldn't allow me to watch Quatermass.

I haven't started watching it yet, it will be interesting to see how it compares to modern sci fi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wildangel wrote: »
    Kassiknorr,

Supposedly later this year, but got fed up waiting when I got midway through re-reading Stone of Tears!

The show's a lot better than I expected (once you get over the differences from the books).

• cymrugirlcymrugirl Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got the Daria boxset and it's a shame they couldn't get most of the music rights but thankful it made it to dvd.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently watching the Prison Break complete series boxset.

I'm still on series 1, but I have to say it's stunning TV.

I can't believe that I didn't watch it when it was broadcast.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently watching the Prison Break complete series boxset.

I'm still on series 1, but I have to say it's stunning TV.

I can't believe that I didn't watch it when it was broadcast.

S1 is one of the best tv series in modern times. Sadly it all goes rapidly downhill after that. S2 is watchable but s3-4 are a major step down in quality.:(
  • ItsAnObsessionItsAnObsession Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperate Housewives Season 1 and 2. Ive seen all seasons except them two. Shows how lazy I am that I left it so late LOL
  • BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Life On Mars, just finished the first series. Will probably make a start on the 2nd tonight.
  • YuaxeYuaxe Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Just about to finish Heroes Season 4 and then will probably re-watch the first three seasons.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just finished Gangsters, which was based on a BBC play for today in the 70s, and have ordered the series Minder boxset ( the proper ones, not the ******* remake with that idiot from eastenders).