Madonna - MDNA (Album Thread) (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    thanks for posting that clip josh. quite a revealing discussion and its interesting that she seems more concerned about what she want to say as an artist at this stage.

for a while now, i have thought the deals with live nation and interscope seemed rather odd. she has sold millions of records worldwide and the deal with interscope seemed beneath her when announced. although, maybe i just completely missed the point. obviously she wants her music out there, but perhaps she is done with chasing hits.

the live nation deal is obviously her main priority due to the huge advance. at least the fans know there is new music and tours for some time yet.

Thanks so much...i think that clip of the interview is what I needed to see, some sort of confirmation of her mindset.

Basically making these albums, saying how she feels and then performing it basically while raising her family etc.

I will be interested to see and hear these new ventures with Interscope and Live Nation very much. New fragrances definitely etc. and various spin offs i reckon. But i am glad that basically...she aint gonna stop :cool: more albums, more world tours, more performances etc.

Sure she may never make an album again to match the heights creatively, commercially, critically and legacy defining as Like A Virgin, True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Ray Of Light, Music, Confessions On A Dance Floor.

BUT....who can? and i love that while MDNA aint that level...it is such a frickin great one! :cool:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much...i think that clip of the interview is what I needed to see, some sort of confirmation of her mindset.

Basically making these albums, saying how she feels and then performing it basically while raising her family etc.

I will be interested to see and hear these new ventures with Interscope and Live Nation very much. New fragrances definitely etc. and various spin offs i reckon. But i am glad that basically...she aint gonna stop :cool: more albums, more world tours, more performances etc.

Sure she may never make an album again to match the heights creatively, commercially, critically and legacy defining as Like A Virgin, True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Ray Of Light, Music, Confessions On A Dance Floor.

BUT....who can? and i love that while MDNA aint that level...it is such a frickin great one! :cool:

yes, i needed that too. it was a real eye opener for me and i will be looking to see the full interview when it is uploaded. i can fully appreciate her predicament now, being a mother firstly and then having this big tour coming up. perhaps things could have been done differently, but that's not what is really important.

people can take or leave the music, but the tour has to be epic to justify the seat prices and her huge advance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i needed that too. it was a real eye opener for me and i will be looking to see the full interview when it is uploaded. i can fully appreciate her predicament now, being a mother firstly and then having this big tour coming up. perhaps things could have been done differently, but that's not what is really important.

people can take or leave the music, but the tour has to be epic to justify the seat prices and her huge advance.

They can focus on how to do it differently come the next album definitely.

But that is the mindset of hers for this era...which is why i feel it has all been a grey area due to it not being the traditional promo tours we are used to with M. We had no idea truly how she was thinking. And now we do....4 weeks after album release now we do :D

But after this tour i really hope they do exciting new adventures alongside family time, recording new albums etc.

Makes it even more exciting that she achieved so much in MDNA release week tbh. And that love her or not....we are all at least a little obsessed with Madonna! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can focus on how to do it differently come the next album definitely.

But that is the mindset of hers for this era...which is why i feel it has all been a grey area due to it not being the traditional promo tours we are used to with M. We had no idea truly how she was thinking. And now we do....4 weeks after album release now we do :D

But after this tour i really hope they do exciting new adventures alongside family time, recording new albums etc.

Makes it even more exciting that she achieved so much in MDNA release week tbh. And that love her or not....we are all at least a little obsessed with Madonna! :D

that was interesting about that clip also. more people actually watched her performance rather than the game itself. sure, the album or single didn't capitalise on that performance as effectively as it could have done. however, whether it is for positive or negative reasons, people still tuned in.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with those saying I'm Addicted should have been the lead single.
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got this link on twitter from @alancross on twitter
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/not_sweet_music_B9JAzGPgUF4sMDw2BMB6QP

Madonna taking 90% of tour profits / Live Nation only 10% :eek:

What were Live Nation on when they signed that $120 deal

Quotes from NY Post below

The Material Girl’s latest album, “MDNA,” fell to 15th place, selling just 19,000 copies in its third week after debuting at No. 1, with 359,000 copies in its first official week, according to Nielsen Soundscan figures

Live Nation only makes money on the album if it sells more than 15 million copies — a tough feat in today’s shrinking music business
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was interesting about that clip also. more people actually watched her performance rather than the game itself. sure, the album or single didn't capitalise on that performance as effectively as it could have done. however, whether it is for positive or negative reasons, people still tuned in.

Yeah it is remarkable...i mean people are geniunely infatuated with Madonna, those stats of people watching her in the States for the Half Time show alone....they are unmatchable...i mean it would be interesting how many would have tuned in if it were the likes of Britney, Perry, gaga. RIhanna etc as modern popstars...i highly doubt they would have reached those stats...maybe a bit more than the Peas the year before perhaps...but still!

But Madonna very much is a fascination...i mean as a fan it means a lot...30 year career and what a way to showcase it...i am gutted the likes of Im Addicted wasnt a lead worldwide release...its such a frikkin fantastic song! to showcase "IM BACK!" :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it is remarkable...i mean people are geniunely infatuated with Madonna, those stats of people watching her in the States for the Half Time show alone....they are unmatchable...i mean it would be interesting how many would have tuned in if it were the likes of Britney, Perry, gaga. RIhanna etc as modern popstars...i highly doubt they would have reached those stats...maybe a bit more than the Peas the year before perhaps...but still!

But Madonna very much is a fascination...i mean as a fan it means a lot...30 year career and what a way to showcase it...i am gutted the likes of Im Addicted wasnt a lead worldwide release...its such a frikkin fantastic song! to showcase "IM BACK!" :cool:

i like that track too, without a doubt it should have been the lead. with the right video and good airplay it could have been a big hit. it will be interesting to see what she does with the `mdna` tracks on her tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like that track too, without a doubt it should have been the lead. with the right video and good airplay it could have been a big hit. it will be interesting to see what she does with the `mdna` tracks on her tour.

Totally...i mean for starters it really stands out in contemporary Dance Culture...and utilises Demolition Crew and Bennassi at their absolute frenetic best and not to mention Madonna with preaching persuasion as a trademark and a hook second to none too :cool: i mean it has the makings of a hit...and if it were the main lead release it would have had immense UK circulation on radio alongside Masterpeice and Europe markets because it is so different really yet can sit alongside the best Dance styles of the last couple of years! why was it a wasted opportunity...also if it was performed at the Bowl...then it would have certainly overshadowed MIAs finger in terms of "controversy and ambiguity!" I men what is Im Addicted about??? i can name a couple things ;)

But hey...still amazing performance...just wish the single were utilised better for THAT platform.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally...i mean for starters it really stands out in contemporary Dance Culture...and utilises Demolition Crew and Bennassi at their absolute frenetic best and not to mention Madonna with preaching persuasion as a trademark and a hook second to none too :cool: i mean it has the makings of a hit...and if it were the main lead release it would have had immense UK circulation on radio alongside Masterpeice and Europe markets because it is so different really yet can sit alongside the best Dance styles of the last couple of years! why was it a wasted opportunity...also if it was performed at the Bowl...then it would have certainly overshadowed MIAs finger in terms of "controversy and ambiguity!" I men what is Im Addicted about??? i can name a couple things ;)

But hey...still amazing performance...just wish the single were utilised better for THAT platform.

it does and its still not too late, but i imagine the focussed has moved on from the album launch now. the tour will be the next project to look forward to, but unfortunately i cant go. another expensive move has ruled that out and its a shame since i attended the last three tours in a row.

hopefully we will get a live cd/dvd.
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting for her to come back with a Papa Don't Preach or a Like A Prayer or a Frozen instead of things that are too avant-garde and too awash with techno wizardy so that you're left wondering where the song is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been posted in her appreciation thread according to Perez Hilton her tour has already grossed 250 million so she is well on course to breaking her Sticky & Sweet record. MDNA Tour is going to be the biggest seller this year and more dates are being planned.

So while the era hasn't got off to the best of starts the Tour is going to be her most successful. Of course the irony in this is had the MDNA era been given a proper start with genuine promo then her Tour might have sold even more than its going to, which in itself is just incredible.

Madonna is no where near over. Nicki Minaj got it right ;) y'all knows who the Queen is!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been posted in her appreciation thread according to Perez Hilton her tour has already grossed 250 million so she is well on course to breaking her Sticky & Sweet record. MDNA Tour is going to be the biggest seller this year and more dates are being planned.

So while the era hasn't got off to the best of starts the Tour is going to be her most successful. Of course the irony in this is had the MDNA era been given a proper start with genuine promo then her Tour might have sold even more than its going to, which in itself is just incredible.

Madonna is no where near over. Nicki Minaj got it right ;) y'all knows who the Queen is!! :p

madonna will be over when she says so. sure, she is not delivering the results that one would except, but there are contributing factors such as airplay which are beyond her control. as a touring artist, she is still a force to be reckoned with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madonna will be over when she says so. sure, she is not delivering the results that one would except, but there are contributing factors such as airplay which are beyond her control. as a touring artist, she is still a force to be reckoned with.

Totally! Madonna is ruling the roost on her legacy basically...I mean she has the biggest back catalogue in music next to The Beatles already! So all new material is a bonus really.

And the fact that despite the "promo" ideas etc that this era will indeed have her highest grossing tour thus far most definitely...with those sales already :eek: DAYMN!

And the thing with radio is....Madonna COULD still have those hits from MDNA...but they have chosen not to for this era which is gutting because all they have to do is get Madonna to ring and the radio station playlists it....Luvin premiered on Radio 1 and every radio DJ played it once that week and then is disappeared! Why??/ Because there was no support with it at all apart from some hardcores that did download it that week.

Had it been handeled differently Luvin may have been much bigger indeed...but that wasnt their concern this era as i say.

And tbh...i dont think Madonna is fussed about single releases with her Interscope deal as the albums sell so well too....but once she balanced both equally now she is balancing album and tour success equally tbh :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally! Madonna is ruling the roost on her legacy basically...I mean she has the biggest back catalogue in music next to The Beatles already! So all new material is a bonus really.

And the fact that despite the "promo" ideas etc that this era will indeed have her highest grossing tour thus far most definitely...with those sales already :eek: DAYMN!

And the thing with radio is....Madonna COULD still have those hits from MDNA...but they have chosen not to for this era which is gutting because all they have to do is get Madonna to ring and the radio station playlists it....Luvin premiered on Radio 1 and every radio DJ played it once that week and then is disappeared! Why??/ Because there was no support with it at all apart from some hardcores that did download it that week.

Had it been handeled differently Luvin may have been much bigger indeed...but that wasnt their concern this era as i say.

And tbh...i dont think Madonna is fussed about single releases with her Interscope deal as the albums sell so well too....but once she balanced both equally now she is balancing album and tour success equally tbh :cool:

guy hinted that there will be country specific tour link-ups to promote the tour and album. i really hope that happens. not necessarily for the impact, but to see what they come up with. its an interesting concept and could be great if handled correctly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if MDNA will creep back up the charts because of the daybreak stuff.
  • cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not her ticket prices are a joke £193.25 for Birmingham and £85 for murrayfield no wonder Europe sales are not great. Having said that I am going to 4 shows and can't wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cloudy wrote: »
    I'm not her ticket prices are a joke £193.25 for Birmingham and £85 for murrayfield no wonder Europe sales are not great. Having said that I am going to 4 shows and can't wait.

4 shows! its no wonder your not amused, but why buy 4 tickets if you don't agree with the prices?
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see Madonna live but i can't afford it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see Madonna live but i can't afford it :(

its bad timing for me this year and it looks like i cant afford it this time either. i have seen 4 of her tours though and it was worth the money i paid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same for me. I have seen her live in every concert since Reinvention but its too difficult for me this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I wonder if MDNA will creep back up the charts because of the daybreak stuff.

Couldn't think of a worse programme to give the interview to, its gets zero viewers!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guy hinted that there will be country specific tour link-ups to promote the tour and album. i really hope that happens. not necessarily for the impact, but to see what they come up with. its an interesting concept and could be great if handled correctly.

I hope this happens too....do perhaps a Radio 1 special interview and maybe another TV interview in country specifics etc.

Would be very interesting to see how they do it.

And i havent seen Daybreak interview just yet....but i imagine people actually watched the show this morning! Would make a change....every show Madonna has been on has had a large % increase....dunno why ;) :cool:
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's up to #12 now apparently so maybe that little bit of promo has done the trick. Shame there's not more