PSP downloading music

Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
Forum Member
✭✭
Am having great problems downloading music to my PSP, have finally got it onto PSP in MP3 form & not WMA (after a couple of hours), at least according to my computer screen, but when I look on my PSP it says "no tracks" in the music folder, yet it's definitely taking up place in my memory. When I check F - portable devices, it says tha muisic's in there
All help greatly appreciated

Comments

• andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    first question did you place your music in the MUSIC folder? and not just dump the files/folders onto the main bit of memory stick? all music need to be in the MUSIC folder located here: <drive letter>: PSP\MUSIC
  • Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for you reply,
    it says that there's nothing in the music folder, so I suppose it's somewhere else, but I can't see where.
    You must think I'm stupid, it's my 9 year old son's PSP & I was trying to help him, I guess I'm too old for all this technical stuff!
    How do I go about removing it from the memory stick?
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    best thing to do is huck psp to pc turn usb mode on go to the main part of the drive hit f3 and do a search for *.mp3 under all files and folders and it should tell you where the files are if any are on there
  • Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much, was able to put them into the right folder, my son will be happy!