Options

Date&Time issues in Leadworth

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
I’ve been reading a lot of theories in internet lately, and I realized a couple of things.

First, in the end of the episode Time of Angels, we see the clock in Amy’s room changing from 11.59 am to 12 pm and the date changing to 6/25 to 6/26. There is 12 hours gap. I thought this was just a production error. Until I realized another one from the end of The Eleventh Hour. When Amy and the Doctor are leaving with the Tardis, the Tardis clock does the exact same thing. So I’m starting to think this is more than just a production error. There is something wrong with time in Leadworth.

I came up with a theory. What if every day passes like this? What if every day equals to 12 hours in Leadworth? That means in Leadworth time moves faster. Even if it 1 years passed in reality, in Leadworth it seems like it has been 2 years.

Anyway, Mels regenerated in 1969. And since Amy is 21 years old in 2010, we assume she was born in 1989. But what if she was born in 1969 too? Since the time in Leadworth is weird, in 2010 there’s 41 years passed since Amy was born but she is only 21 years old. Because in reality it’s been 21 years since she was born. But in Leadworth it “seems” like it has been 41 years. This explains why Mels was regenerated in 1969 and still be at same age with her parents.

It still doesn’t explain Rory’s ID badge though.. Even if this crazy theory is true, then when Rory has his ID in 1990, he would be 10 years old. That still doesn’t make any sense :))
Or maybe Leadworth time is 1990 when it should be 2010 out there. Then Rory would get his ID card when he is 21 and this makes sense. And Leadworth has all those technologies because it is actually 2010 in real world. I don't know..

This has been driving me crazy for days now. I really want to clear this up in my head. Any thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Firstly Welcome to the forum :)

It is an intresting theory and i will admit when i first saw the episode i actully thought along the same lines about there being a problem with time in leadsworth - but after watching rest of series i just assumed that the hour jump thing had something to do with the tardis exploding and the pandorica opening.

The bit i never got was how surely 11.59am would be in the afternoon but when the Tardis left it was dark outside so surely it should have been 11.59pm ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    You might be right, Tardis exploding might somehow effected the time. But it's just so much coincidence..
    As for the clock, it shows that it's 11.59 am but it's dark outside. Yes it should have been 11.59 pm. It's weird and I don't think they would do the same mistake twice. Maybe there's an explanation to all of this and we'll learn more about it in the new series. At least I hope so :)
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also don't get the "timey whimey " thing with Ledworth. Amy got pregnant with Melody on her wedding night or honeymoon right?. Meaning Melody would have been born either the end of march or begining of april 2011. Amy told the doctor he had spent a "whole summer" searching for their missing child making it august or sept 2011 for the events of LKH. Yet the season premiere and finale both take place on aprill 22nd 2011. Also in the christmas special it was 2 years after the doctor "died" meaning he saw Amy and Rory on christmas day december 25th 2013. Yet an episode coming up takes place in summer 2012!. It could give you a headache. No wonder the doctor find it hard to keep up. He never knows when or where he is!.
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat has definitely screwed over time in the Ponds world. It's difficult to determine how the whole two years thing works out but as the finale happens first in Amy and Rory's minds (and then again wibbly wobbly timey wimey) that's how it can happen twice... Very complicated I try not to think about it too much... As for the clock thing, I noticed this but then as we've not had much of a mention of it and its unlikely we will I guess we have to assume its a production error.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there was a point in time and an area in Leadworth that messed with stuff, where would it be.:confused:

Leadworth was described as basically Trumpton.Trumpton had a Town hall clock.

"Telling the time, steadily, sensibly; never too quickly, never too slowly. Telling the time for Trumpton".

In May, the Doctor Who game, the Eternity Clock was released. Has anyone played it?:confused:
  • Options
    FraxisFraxis Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    As for the clock thing, I noticed this but then as we've not had much of a mention of it and its unlikely we will I guess we have to assume its a production error.

It's always puzzled me why a prop clock would do that - unless it had been internally rigged. A commercially available alarm clock like that wouldn't naturally change date at noon through any normal user set-up, would it? The AM/PM setting would most likely have to be at PM to trigger the date change.
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fraxis wrote: »
    It's always puzzled me why a prop clock would do that - unless it had been internally rigged. A commercially available alarm clock like that wouldn't naturally change date at noon through any normal user set-up, would it? The AM/PM setting would most likely have to be at PM to trigger the date change.

Maybe it was done deliberately to get us all speculating. Throw in a few red herrings and all that.