Now 94

R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
Forum Member
When is Now That's What I Call Music 94 out?

What songs do you think will be on the album?

One Dance - Drake ft. WizKid & Kyla
Cheap Thrills - Sia ft. Sean Paul
In Ibiza (SeeB Remix) - Mike Posner
Cake By the Ocean - DNCE
Work From Home - Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dollar $ign
NO - Megan Trainor
Work - Rihanna ft. Drake
Purple Rain - Prince & The Revolution
Hair - Little Mix
Boys & Girls - will.i.am ft. Pia Mia
iT's YoU - Zayn
Wild Horses - Birdy
Just Like Fire - P!nk
Best is Yet To Come - LuvBug
The Sound of Silence - Disturbed
All You Good Friends - Kevin Simm
Formation - Beyonce
Nothing Like This - Blonde ft. Craig David
Say You Do - Sigala ft. Imani, DJ Fresh
Desire - Years & Years ft. Tove Lo
When We Were Young - Adele
This Is What You Came For - Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna
Way Down We Go - Kaelo
Stressed Out - twenty one pilots
Paradise - Benny Benassi & Chris Brown

Comments

• AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is Now That's What I Call Music 94 out?

What songs do you think will be on the album?

Stressed Out - twenty one pilots

It'll be released on Friday 22nd of July. (Just in time for the school summer hols, as the second annual NTWICM edition is released roughly about the same time every year).

Twenty One Pilots 'Stressed Out' was track 19, disc 2 on NOW 93.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    In Ibiza (SeeB Remix) - Mike Posner was track 5, disc 1 on NOW 93.

It's quite difficult to predict these as some songs that I'd expected to have seen on previous albums never appeared at all, so there may be record label issues.

Going through this weeks top 75, I think the following could make an appearance:

Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance
    Sia feat. Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
    DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
    Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home
    Meghan Trainor - NO
    Galantis - No Money
    Blonde & Craig David - Nothing Like This
    DJ Snake feat. Bipolar Sunshine - Middle
    Little Mix feat. Sean Paul - Hair
    Desiigner - Panda <--- if they get a radio edit
    Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
    Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence
    Sigala feat. Imani & DJ Fresh - Say You Do
    Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo - Close
    will.i.am feat. Pia Mia - Boys & Girls
    Gnash feat. Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U <--- like Desiigner, assuming they get a radio edit
    Cheat Codes x Kris Kross Amsterdam - Sex

One thing that is guaranteed is the inclusion of Prince - most likely the final track on disc 2. However, would they choose Purple Rain considering the full version is 8 minutes long, or would they use the 4 minute radio edit instead?
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    So I duplicated two of the tracks which actually feature on Now 93.
  • EssexJosh96EssexJosh96 Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Now albums but i think they should start doing a album every 3 months starting from next year with Now 96 in March, 97 in June, 98 in September and finally 99 in December just before Christmas and continue like that in the years following :)
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    I love the Now albums but i think they should start doing a album every 3 months starting from next year with Now 96 in March, 97 in June, 98 in September and finally 99 in December just before Christmas and continue like that in the years following :)

Agreed. :D
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would've made sense in the 90s when there was a high turnover in the charts - but now they struggle to fill 3 albums a year. Not enough singles make the top 40.
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    That would've made sense in the 90s when there was a high turnover in the charts - but now they struggle to fill 3 albums a year. Not enough singles make the top 40.

Exactly what I was thinking. :D

Ideally, the Now compilers should try and focus on getting as many brand new, up to date and where possible upcoming new releases on their albums.

It would be absolutely pointless now if Hello by Adele appeared on Now 94 - it'll be six months old when the album is released.

I don't buy every Now album anymore because of this reason. I look at the trackless and it's usually songs from 4-5 months back being included when I'd much prefer a more fresher looking track list.
  • beans0ntoastbeans0ntoast Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've bought every NOW disc since NOW 65, and whilst some of the songs have been a bit boring/abysmal, most of them are pretty good.

As for NOW 94... I'd like to see the following:

DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (this is a nice upbeat song and I can't find the clean edits anywhere on Youtube/Spotify, so having it on a NOW would be nice.)

Sia ft Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (or even better, Sia without Sean Paul! Anyway, one of my favorite songs of the year.)

Whatever that recent song is that gets played a lot on Capital - can't think of its name but last I heard it was no.1 on iTunes

And the new Justin Timberlake song - Can't Stop The Feeling?

Only got about 4 weeks to wait though :)
    Forum Member
    Whatever that recent song is that gets played a lot on Capital - can't think of its name but last I heard it was no.1 on iTunes

Kungs Vs Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl :D (also my favourite song in the charts right now).

Absolute 100% summer anthem and, like Justin Timberlake, deserved to get at least 1 week as the UK #1 but is set to forever stall at #2 until the next big UK #2 comes along.

They might as well scrap the #1 for now. At the moment, the official chart ends after they have played the #2 song.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. :D

Ideally, the Now compilers should try and focus on getting as many brand new, up to date and where possible upcoming new releases on their albums.

It would be absolutely pointless now if Hello by Adele appeared on Now 94 - it'll be six months old when the album is released.

I don't buy every Now album anymore because of this reason. I look at the trackless and it's usually songs from 4-5 months back being included when I'd much prefer a more fresher looking track list.

my thoughts too. they could probably get away with doing 2 a year instead of 3
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Just as long as they don't do it before July 2018 (as that's when Now 100 is due to be released).

You would have loved Now 44, then - despite being released in November 1999, three of the first five songs were released in February, May and (amusingly) November 1998.
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    ^ Just as long as they don't do it before July 2018 (as that's when Now 100 is due to be released).

You would have loved Now 44, then - despite being released in November 1999, three of the first five songs were released in February, May and (amusingly) November 1998.

On the contrary, I never bought Now 44 as I had already bought Baby One More Time and That Don't Impress Me Much on CD single earlier in the year. That said, my brother bought it as it was pretty much the sound track to most Millennium parties being celebrated on the 1st January 2000.

Now 44 was more like a greatest hits of 1999 compilation.

Now 45, on the other hand, was excellent because when it was released, all the big chart hits around the same time were on the album and, iirc, Toca's Miracle had just gone to #1 when the album was released. If Now 94 can be more like this, I would definitely buy it.
    Forum Member
    yeah, also I didn't realise this thread was here so a while ago I started a thread on this which I wouldn't have had I seen this 1 first sorry. I think that they strugglie to fill 3 nows a year and it shows that's why I think they could cut the spring one in march and just bring it out in June and December
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Tracklist is now available on their website. Ridiculous that they've included "Hotline Bling" instead of "One Dance"
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have NOW 93 on sale in my shop, customer bought a copy the other night and asked if it was the latest one-remembering having read this thread I told her I was pretty sure it was .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that'll be strange - a grand total of 0 number ones.

(Mind you, there has been only one No1 since 93's release...)
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    We have NOW 93 on sale in my shop, customer bought a copy the other night and asked if it was the latest one-remembering having read this thread I told her I was pretty sure it was .

how much was it? still full price?
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is over and over again on it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Is over and over again on it

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=now+94+tracklist.

PS - I love how this thread is the 5th result.
  • CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why I read this thread title and thought of Now 1994. :s
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracklist is now available on their website. Ridiculous that they've included "Hotline Bling" instead of "One Dance"

That'll be because the label wouldn't licence One Dance to them rather than it being their choice. They're trying to beat Bryan Adams' record.
  • beans0ntoastbeans0ntoast Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kungs Vs Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl :D (also my favourite song in the charts right now).

Absolute 100% summer anthem and, like Justin Timberlake, deserved to get at least 1 week as the UK #1 but is set to forever stall at #2 until the next big UK #2 comes along.

They might as well scrap the #1 for now. At the moment, the official chart ends after they have played the #2 song.

That's the one! Awesome song, shame it didn't reach no. 1 on the official UK chart, though I listen to the iTunes based chart show (on the commercial stations) and it did reach no. 1 on there! So I'm happy.

Got the CD yesterday and very happy with it, nice selection of songs including many that I would have bought, such as Cheap Thrills, Cake By The Ocean, and the Kungs/Cookin on 3 Burners song that you mentioned. Oh, and the JT song, Can't Stop The Feeling.
    Forum Member
    That's the one! Awesome song, shame it didn't reach no. 1 on the official UK chart, though I listen to the iTunes based chart show (on the commercial stations) and it did reach no. 1 on there! So I'm happy.

Got the CD yesterday and very happy with it, nice selection of songs including many that I would have bought, such as Cheap Thrills, Cake By The Ocean, and the Kungs/Cookin on 3 Burners song that you mentioned. Oh, and the JT song, Can't Stop The Feeling.

I have to admit for an album that includes no UK #1 singles, they have done a great job with the track list.

There are a lot of songs in the charts that I like but not enough to download them (Kungs and JT being the exception as I did buy them on iTunes) so Now 94 has managed to tick that box for me.