Options

would a revert regeneration work?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    ok lets point out this was just a query i like matt smith i dont have some obsession with david tennant i just think it could be interesting
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Joanne1938 wrote: »
    I wish I'd seen this before you got some of the posts below. There is a large group of people here who proclaim in the name of "moving forward" that David couldn't return, forget it and don't you dare mention it again. Their reasons are their own, I'd like to comment but won't for fear of upsetting the few who geuinely believe it and are not strugging to seperate objective discussion from sexual obsession.

Yes it could be done, quite easily, given the right plotline and creative input, but why? As much as it would be nice to see David return (though I'd proffer Christopher myself) Matt is doing a great job at the moment, and if there is a problem with Who its with the writers, not the cast. Whether its Matt or David in the role, they still can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. So could it happe? Yes. Should it happen? Maybe (given the right circumstances). Will it happen, No. Why? Stephen Moffatt's ego.

Bit of an unfair slur there.

Steven's friends with David but it's a story we don't need.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I think it would be quite an interesting storyline. I don't say this merely because I'm a Ten fan, either. I just think it would present loads of new ideas/problems, especially if it was a completely different character from the Ten we know and love.

However, though I think it's possible, and even probable, that David will make an appearance in the 50th Special, I doubt if it would be more than a small part. And I'm sure he wouldn't want to come back for a full series - he's moved on. Anyway, Matt's the Doctor now, and should definitely be the Doctor for the 50th.
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could do it for One story and then explain why it happened, it wouldn't work as a whole series. Although I like Tennant's Doctor, One story will be enough, even then, I would hope he changed into Tom Baker :)
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I think bring back a past actor was considered when they were looking for Colin Baker's replacement. I guess if they had done that there would have been a reverse regeneration explanation.