Options

Adele's Glastonbury set was sensational!

flyonthetableflyonthetable Posts: 170
Forum Member
Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLh1jmY7A0g

Highlights:
Hello - 0:53
Rumor Has It - 6:49
Skyfall - 30:40
Rolling In The Deep - 56:42
Set Fire To The Rain - 1:13:11
Someone Like You - 1:28:16 (Biggest sing-along ever at Glasto!)

Her banter between songs serves as comic relief. :D

Comments

• Options
    Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was great and has sent 25 back to No.1 and she'll have all three albums high in the charts again.
  • Options
    jack_marsdinjack_marsdin Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I loved it. She's always got stand up to fall back on if ever the singing fails. She's great imo
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I for one didn't enjoy it :/ The in between songs was good but as a performer in than environment I wouldn't have enjoyed it nor did I think it worked.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is simply the greatest artist who ever lived, and what a treat she has happened in our lifetime so we can witness her reign firsthand!
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's shite
  • Options
    SirPsychoSexySirPsychoSexy Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Adele, but I love Glastonbury and the whole festival feel of the weekend, and I must say I pretty enjoyed her set!
  • Options
    Clem FandangoClem Fandango Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    She is simply the greatest artist who ever lived, and what a treat she has happened in our lifetime so we can witness her reign firsthand!

This has to be a wind up.

She is bland and appeals to people who don't really like music, the buy one CD a year brigade
  • Options
    SirPsychoSexySirPsychoSexy Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is bland and appeals to people who don't really like music, the buy one CD a year brigade

You say this like its fact, it is NOT fact! Only you're opinion.
    Outside of your little bubble Adele has a huge fanbase because she is a talented singer/songwriter.
  • Options
    Sun Glasses RonSun Glasses Ron Posts: 17,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it & thought she gave a great performance

But why did she need to continue swearing during her set?

I accept everyone swears but come on, surely she could exercise some self control
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

Oh dear. Not that oft-used (by insufferable music snobs) claptrap again.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree it seemed a bit of a windup but TOTALLY disagree with the next bit. I really like her and saw her this year at the 02. It was amazing. I also like Led Zeppelin, The Sex Pistols, Gregory Porter and Donna Summer. So you're last bit is total bollox.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a massive Adele fan (she'll never beat her first album 19 though in my opinion) and I think she's fantastic, however I'm not sure she was the right choice for Glastonbury. She sounded amazing and it was a good set, but for that sort of an environment I just don't think it really worked. I love her, but I was bored half way through her set. If I had gone to see her at The 02 or at a theatre which are the sort of venues she used to do, then it would have been fine. She would have been good in a smaller tent at Glastonbury even, but not as a headline act. I found it very boring, and that's nothing to do with her as an artist or her music...it just didn't work at Glastonbury in my opinion. I don't know why Glasto has gone so commercial the last few years...it was good as a one off with Beyoncé (she was amazing) and it was something different, but they need to think carefully about future headliners.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great set. Whether you like Adele or not, the woman can sing and she puts on a great set.

I personally prefer Adele in smaller venues and thankfully i did see her in smaller venues for her first two album tours. I just feel acts like Adele are at their best and it feels more intimate in those types of venues. An act like Kylie or Madonna are the type of acts who make the most of bigger venues because the massive productions that come with it.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great set. Whether you like Adele or not, the woman can sing and she puts on a great set.

I personally prefer Adele in smaller venues and thankfully i did see her in smaller venues for her first two album tours. I just feel acts like Adele are at their best and it feels more intimate in those types of venues. An act like Kylie or Madonna are the type of acts who make the most of bigger venues because the massive productions that come with it.

A great set is subjective, she may have a great voice to you and many others...but for me personally it's a voice that reminders me of running fingernails down the blackboard.
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having a quick look at the efestival forums from people who were there and the ratings range from 10/10 to 2/10. Amazing how someone so mainstream and safe can divide opinion in such a way
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Not really. The more fans you get, the more haters you get. It's actually that simple.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh dear.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a decent voice but her songs are very clichéed. I wouldn't have been watching her if I'd been at Glasto.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a decent voice but her songs are very clichéed. I wouldn't have been watching her if I'd been at Glasto.

Oh you were there. Cool.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh you were there. Cool.

No, I wasn't there. I don't do camping any more.
    I'd only go if I could be helicoptered in and out each day :D
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

Hmm, maybe you should just settle for popular right now.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the set was excellent. Adele attempted to make the public very personal and it worked. There are a few songs from 25 that are no great shakes and I wouldn't mind if she changed the arrangements a bit more but otherwise fine.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I thought the set was excellent. Adele attempted to make the public very personal and it worked. There are a few songs from 25 that are no great shakes and I wouldn't mind if she changed the arrangements a bit more but otherwise fine.

25 on the whole is no great shakes. There's 5 songs that could have been built around, the rest don't match the standards of 21 - there's no point naming names. However, live she can do no wrong, though i hope she doesn't feel the need to start with 'Hello' for the rest of her life:)
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »

Adele is about the only artist I can think of I actually prefer her stage banter to the actual singing/songs. She is genuinely funny and quick witted, it's a shame that most of the songs themselves are performed in the bland copy the studio version way, I wish she'd open up more, play around with alternative version, be more spontaneous and of the moment.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele is about the only artist I can think of I actually prefer her stage banter to the actual singing/songs. She is genuinely funny and quick witted, it's a shame that most of the songs themselves are performed in the bland copy the studio version way, I wish she'd open up more, play around with alternative version, be more spontaneous and of the moment.

I think a lot of people do. Her stage personality is her greatest asset. She could get by if her voice ever goes.