Celebrity Apprentice 2

2»

Comments

• trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I was rooting for Joan to win so pleased with the result however not sure it was totally on merit. What with it being a celebrity version I can't help feeling there's pecking order and Joan was top of that particular bunch. I actually considered that there may have been an agreement that she'd win before she said yes to being on the show.

Regarding the design people leaving I don't think Joan did anything wrong. They weren't performing she's entitled to tell them that and get other help. I thought she was polite it was just the team or that bloke throwing his toys out the pram. It wasn't her fault they pulled out of the show. Surely they could have resigned from her job but stayed with Annie or just worked with Joan's people.

Obviously Donald favoured Rodman but I felt it was really patronising. Did Dennis do ok? I wanted to give Dennis another chance. I knew he'd do well. Blah, blah. He's a grown man fgs he doesn't need encouragement like a child. I thought he was useless anyway. Thoroughly enjoyed the show though and surprised it's not given more of a prominent position tbh.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    You were right! Donald certainly does have his favourites, did you see how he let Dennis Rodman drone on in the boardroom.

I still would have preferred Annie to win. As Joan was responsible for the design team leaving the task, I would have deducted a point from her making it 2-2 then Annie to win.

My favourite was Herschel Walker, what a great guy.
    I hate,hate,hate that Joan won..all of her disgraceful ways were swept to one side by Mr Trump..he should be ashamed of himself...Annie was no angel BUT of the two of them I much preferred her as a person ...the way the audience were whooping and hollering for Joan (were they watching the same programme as us?)you just knew there would be only one conclusion.
    Have to say I was a bit surprised at Piers Morgan :mad: (can't stand the man) it was almost as if he'd been nobbled as I didn't think he was for Joan at all and Trace Adkins went for Joan ..again I ask did they watch the same programme?

Joan and her daughters are horrors ..Melissa just hides it better (apart from when she's fired):D

Annie wasn't allowed to speak up for herself whilst Joan could rattle on and on and bring on the crocodile tears when it suited her

I'm really not happy about this result ...can you tell...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I hate,hate,hate that Joan won..all of her disgraceful ways were swept to one side by Mr Trump..he should be ashamed of himself...Annie was no angel BUT of the two of them I much preferred her as a person ...the way the audience were whooping and hollering for Joan (were they watching the same programme as us?)you just knew there would be only one conclusion.
    Have to say I was a bit surprised at Piers Morgan :mad: (can't stand the man) it was almost as if he'd been nobbled as I didn't think he was for Joan at all and Trace Adkins went for Joan ..again I ask did they watch the same programme?

Joan and her daughters are horrors ..Melissa just hides it better (apart from when she's fired):D

Annie wasn't allowed to speak up for herself whilst Joan could rattle on and on and bring on the crocodile tears when it suited her

I'm really not happy about this result ...can you tell...:D

I can tell a wee bit! :D

Agree with everything you say, the show should be re-named 'The Celebrity Trump likes Best Apprentice'!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you say, Annie should definitely have won. It was simple favouritism by Trump. Annie raised almost half a million in a single task fgs, and everything she said about Joan Rivers was spot on. Terrible decision.

But apart from that, the series was pretty fun.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I know I'm in a minority but I agreed with Joan winning. The only point Annie won was raising more money but that was going to be the case whatever happened as she herself said she would always win on that issue as she knew more rich patrons. She didn't work harder or anything she just had access to more money.

Joan on the other hand did a great job on the task and dealing with the designer like she did was the initial best thing she did.

I do agree though that it seemed Joan was always going to win and because she was held in high esteem by Trump rather than she definitely did better in the show.

Very enjoyable show though anyway.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    What do the celebrities get for winning anyway?

They don't get a job with Trump.

The Rivers women were awful.
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was glad Joan won, I feel she had Annie taped from the first episode and being an older woman she didn't feel the need to sugar coat. Yes, her comments were OTT but who cares - it's why we watch. Some part of me actually agreed with Joan when she made her remarks about poker players seeing as poker players become successful by bluffing (or lying).

Melissa, on the other hand, is a brat. I didn't expect anything from her as I remembered how awful she behaved on I'm a Celeb ... She strikes me as someone who has an inordinate sense of entitlement.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Joan raised $150K and Annie raised $450K and Joan wins.:rolleyes:

Actually I can, Donald picks who he wants to win irrespective of performance.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Joan's 'you're a Poker Playa' rant was amazing:D. Even Annie was lost for words.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Joan's 'you're a Poker Playa' rant was amazing:D. Even Annie was lost for words.

You're right, the contempt with which me managed to spit out the words was incredible!