I have a feeling we may have a Dalek series Finalé

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
Something tells me the finale will somehow link back to episode one AOTD

And how Oswin got into the dalek, and somehow he will save that version of her......
(Possibly leading to a shock cameo of Amy and Rory in the finale too) -- Giving a nod back to Oswin's shock appearance in Epsiode one....

Comments

• sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like that, not sure how ikely it is though
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be really surprised if Amy and Rory were seen on screen again so soon. Be a bit ridiculous for me considering they only just exited.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I hope we don't actually but I can see where the OP is going with this. I'd rather we didn't see the Daleks at all again until the 50th at least.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not at all opposed to this idea! I generally like Dalek finales but I honestly don't think Moffatt will want a dalek finale for some time.

I think he likes using his own creations better than daleks or cybermen.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no issues with a Dalek season finale, but I don't think it should involve Amy/Rory or link back to the original Oswin. Whilst the relationship between Oswin and the current version of Clara is does need to be explored/clarified, I don't think we actually need to look back at Oswin's character as I think how she got into the Asylum and became a Dalek was thoroughly explained during the episode.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Something tells me the finale will somehow link back to episode one AOTD

And how Oswin got into the dalek, and somehow he will save that version of her......
    (Possibly leading to a shock cameo of Amy and Rory in the finale too) -- Giving a nod back to Oswin's shock appearance in Epsiode one....

I also like this, and will add to it
    The doctor will have to go back, as we need the daleks to remember who the dcotor is, this oswin will be the last oswin, and needs to be saved

So recon the doctor will end up on this planet before he arrives, now how he pulls it of..cant wait to see how he does this,
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    I also like this, and will add to it
    The doctor will have to go back, as we need the daleks to remember who the dcotor is, this oswin will be the last oswin, and needs to be saved

So recon the doctor will end up on this planet before he arrives, now how he pulls it of..cant wait to see how he does this,

Nice idea I like it :)
    Forum Member
    Also - it could be the finale the end all finales with a MASSIVE cliffhanger - leading into the 50th Special(s)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, I have been thinking since AOTD that we would have to go all the way round until we get to where Oswin goes there. Perhaps those nanobots are working their Oswin magic on the Doctor, urging him to work out a way to save her somehow. Whether he will be able to is another matter. The Multiple Clara/Oswins could be all in his head.
    It could all end in a cool cliffhanger,bringing the Daleks in at the end to be the baddies for the anniversary?:)
    Forum Member
    yes, I have been thinking since AOTD that we would have to go all the way round until we get to where Oswin goes there. Perhaps those nanobots are working their Oswin magic on the Doctor, urging him to work out a way to save her somehow. Whether he will be able to is another matter. The Multiple Clara/Oswins could be all in his head.
    It could all end in a cool cliffhanger,bringing the Daleks in at the end to be the baddies for the anniversary?:)

Gotta be the daleks for the 50th SURELY....

Also, what a shock if.....
    Clara at the end, has the forehead eyestalk to breakthough.....
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if Clara dies in episode twelve and that's when he goes to Oswin and saves her making her the last Clara. If this happens I hope she gains all the memories of Clara. This would also give us more of a look at the asylum like people have asked for. It'd be nice to see some really insane Daleks. I actually don't mind this idea, but haven't others suggested its a Victorian final, possibly linked to the Great Inteligence.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Daleks might just turn up for an invasion of Earth. Could be interesting seeing as how they've supposedly forgotten the Doctor.

Or is Steven Moffat playing a game here...seeing the consequences of trying to hide yourself from your enemies...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also the Daleks will find it easier to kill the doctor now they don't know who he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah They'd be like "you're the oncoming what? No such designation exists. EXTERMINATE". Makes them a bit more dangerous maybe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah They'd be like "you're the oncoming what? No such designation exists. EXTERMINATE". Makes them a bit more dangerous maybe?

Hence the consequences of trying to hide yourself from the Universe. In that regards the Doctor will fail. Maybe that was Moffat's agenda after all...
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can definitely see that happening. It was after all his legendary status that has caused many of his enemies to fear him. But with that mystique wiped the doctor could well find himself bounding into an army of daleks ready to do his usual routine only to be met with an array of unimpressed eyestalks all pointing at him.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That could work. Needs to finish claras story. Cliffhanger would be cool. Setting up the 50th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not one Dalek story per season is more than enough fo me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    The finale is going to be reserved for the Great Intelligence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be more story to why the Daleks have a parliament etc at some point. Their Dalek minds have been screwed with at some point. It's probably from Oswin's influence on their hive mind thingy, but could be other things at play. Maybe it will all link round to the Great Intelligence somehow too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be an episode that revolves around Clara and features the Daleks but doesn't use them as a big bad guy
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the doctor could well find himself bounding into an army of daleks ready to do his usual routine only to be met with an array of unimpressed eyestalks all pointing at him.

The Doctor would say it's rude to point:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've got a new villain for the finale. Caro Skinner said so.

http://io9.com/5971019/producer-caroline-skinner-explains-why-doctor-who-is-getting-a-new-companion-for-christmas
    Is there a monster that you think can compete with the Weeping Angels in the new season?

The new is particularly [full of] hostile monsters. We've got some very cool new ones and some classics. I'm excited because Neil Gaiman's done a new Cyberman episode. There's lots and lots of new monsters. There's a monster we've invented for the final episode which I think is probably one of the scariest things I've seen set.

Unless they're sharing the spotlight - which is admittedly very possible in a Steven Moffat finale - I don't think the daleks are coming back, yet. Don't know why he'd need to go back and save future-Oswin, anyway, not when this particular death's tied up with his anonymity. Thought that might've been it, at first, thought he might've recruited Oswin earlier in her timeline and the finale would be the decision to either let his companion go to her doom or change time and undo the daleks' memory wipe. But that's clearly not the case, here - she just respawns like Mario.

50th special, on the other hand? I can't imagine it'd be much of a birthday party without a dalek or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    They've got a new villain for the finale. Caro Skinner said so.

http://io9.com/5971019/producer-caroline-skinner-explains-why-doctor-who-is-getting-a-new-companion-for-christmas
    Is there a monster that you think can compete with the Weeping Angels in the new season?

The new is particularly [full of] hostile monsters. We've got some very cool new ones and some classics. I'm excited because Neil Gaiman's done a new Cyberman episode. There's lots and lots of new monsters. There's a monster we've invented for the final episode which I think is probably one of the scariest things I've seen set.

Unless they're sharing the spotlight - which is admittedly very possible in a Steven Moffat finale - I don't think the daleks are coming back, yet. Don't know why he'd need to go back and save future-Oswin, anyway, not when this particular death's tied up with his anonymity. Thought that might've been it, at first, thought he might've recruited Oswin earlier in her timeline and the finale would be the decision to either let his companion go to her doom or change time and undo the daleks' memory wipe. But that's clearly not the case, here - she just respawns like Mario.

50th special, on the other hand? I can't imagine it'd be much of a birthday party without a dalek or two.

Here's a thought. What if the monster in the final episode that is supposed to be really scary has been created by the Daleks themselves? They had a black slyther thing in The Dalek Invasion Of Earth and the Varga plants from Mission To The Unknown/Dalek Master...(oh you know the rest).
  • BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I hope Clara, River and Jack are all in the finale. Steven Moffat did promise that it would have "fanboy pleasing goings-on".