Halloween 3 Season of the witch

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just went out and bought the DVD, oh well! Thanks!

I saw it when i bought tv choice mag in the film listings..i like seeing whats on, so i didnt know until yesterday :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Bump, as its on later

I dunno why they have to put it on in the early hours :( Theres not that much gore etc, just abit of horror..BBC 2 , so unless they air other programmes early and cant fit it on then , so hey, they stick it on late :(
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched this last night, was crap.. much worse then i remembered.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissDexter wrote: »
    I have the new Scream Factory Blu-ray release from the US and its amazingly good - it looks like it was made yesterday, I saw things in it I'd never seen in the dark crappy DVD releases.

I hope it gets released in the uk
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    watched this last night, was crap.. much worse then i remembered.

It's better than the other Halloween sequels. Far fetched plot, but the whole Halloween franchise is.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    It's better than the other Halloween sequels. Far fetched plot, but the whole Halloween franchise is.

I prefer part 2..it was much better.
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was cut to ribbons the other night on BBC2. Why, I have no idea - as someone mentioned in an earlier post, it used to be shown in its entirety on BBC1 in the early 90s.

A schoolmate and I became a bit obsessed with it back then. If you can be a 'bit obsessed', that is...
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was cut?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the 'gory' bits, basically. The guy in the hospital receiving the cranium makeover and the woman who ill-advisedly tampers with the Silver Shamrock chip she finds on her carpet, for starters.

In fact that bit was cut so dramatically that I stopped watching at that point - I dare say the rest of it was similarly carved up.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the 'gory' bits, basically. The guy in the hospital receiving the cranium makeover and the woman who ill-advisedly tampers with the Silver Shamrock chip she finds on her carpet, for starters.

In fact that bit was cut so dramatically that I stopped watching at that point - I dare say the rest of it was similarly carved up.

The film is on YouTube. It looks like it's the uncut version. The scenes at 14:00 and 41:50 shows the gory bits the BBC2 version cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk-j5EYxYAc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Just having a quick look at that compared to the version on my Sky+ shows there were 8 minutes cut out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Indeed. Just having a quick look at that compared to the version on my Sky+ shows there were 8 minutes cut out.

The YouTube upload will more than likely be running at NTSC speed of 24fps whereas the BBC airing will be PAL 25fps, so the difference wont actually be as bad as 8 minutes. Still noticeably cut though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The death off the old guy in the hospital is uncut on the US blu-ray, in fact I was really shocked by it as I'd never seen it so clearly before.
    The woman in the motel is trimmed by seconds though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the YouTube version and the BBC2 offering simultaneously for a few minutes and there were all sorts of little bits missing.

Can't really understand why, unless it's purely a money issue.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taste is obviously completely subjective but I really am surprised at the large cult following this film has. I thought it was one of the worst I've ever seen and I don't give a stuff that there was no Michael Myers in it. I just found it to be a completely terrible film in its own right. Shocked that I appear to be in the minority!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stress enough how the US Blu-ray has transformed this film. Since the 80s this was a film that suffered from awful home video presentation on vhs and dvd. It's dark and badly pan 'n' scanned.
    The Blu-ray has brought it to life, the story is hoky and the female lead is average but you see more of the image in it's original ratio and Tommy Lee Wallace directed it pretty well in all honesty, the cleanliness of the print means you see more than ever before.

You gotta take it for what it is - kind of like a Twilight Zone story stretched out, just good, weird fun.