Best delivered lines in Doctor Who

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eleven: Oh, I will. I'll shout. Yes. Something like..."I was not expecting this?!!!"

Rory: Would you like me to repeat the question?
  • mdtaukmdtauk Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davros
    The man who abhors violence, never carrying a gun, but this is the truth, Doctor: you take ordinary people and you fashion them into weapons... behold your Children of Time, transformed into murderers. I made the Daleks, Doctor, you made this.

Davros
    The Doctor, the man who keeps running, never looking back because he dare not, out of shame. This is my final victory, Doctor. I have shown you yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Julian Glover both in The Crusade and City Of Death had some of the best well written and wittiest lines ever. Both stories contain for me great examples of both but this is just my personal opinion.

Countess- I don't think he's as stupid as he seems....
    Count - I don't think anybody is as stupid as he seems....
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    Eleven: Oh, I will. I'll shout. Yes. Something like..."I was not expecting this?!!!"

Rory: Would you like me to repeat the question?

For me, this belongs in the worst dialogue thread. Absolutely crass the way The Doctor just wipes out Cybermen ships just like that. Awful.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Countess- I don't think he's as stupid as he seems....
    Count - I don't think anybody is as stupid as he seems....

One of my favourite scenes ever!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    FIVE: You're energising a force so irresistibly destructive that nothing on Earth can control it. You must stop the wargame!

HUTCHINSON: Stop it?! Are you mad?! You speak treason!

FIVE: Fluently! .....Stop the games!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhtkH3I2P6s

Superb stuff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eccleston's "Why don't you just *die*?" from Dalek (though he is brilliant throughout the whole episode)

“He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful." from Family of Blood. This one obviously benefits from the writing, but I love the way the actor delivers it.

Matt Smith's "they're here!" as Mr. Clever from The Nightmare in Silver.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, this belongs in the worst dialogue thread. Absolutely crass the way The Doctor just wipes out Cybermen ships just like that. Awful.

Everybody on that Cybership had been 'Deleted', and had the sole intent of Deleting others. If that's not reason enough to vaporise the ship - what is?

Would you have preferred some cornball ultimatum they'd only have turned down anyway, first?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    "...then I will control the food supply for the whooole galaxy!" - The superb Eleanor bron as kara.
  • krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Eccleston's "Why don't you just *die*?" from Dalek (though he is brilliant throughout the whole episode)

“He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful." from Family of Blood. This one obviously benefits from the writing, but I love the way the actor delivers it.

Matt Smith's "they're here!" as Mr. Clever from The Nightmare in Silver.

Wonderful writing and delivery. :) I also love the whole of Nine's 'I said no' speech from Bad Wolf. The scene where Ten briefly intersects with Smith in The Family of Blood is brilliant. Midnight - Ten's 'Because I'm clever!', and the expression on his face afterwards is brilliant too IMO.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom's regeneration line 'its the end, but the moment has been prepared for'.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody HUMAN has anything to say to me today!
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we not yet had "The Brigadier in a Nutshell"?

"Jenkins. ... Chap with wings there, five rounds rapid!"
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember many exact lines but I think pertwee's acting in Inferno is superb. When he attacks the drilling machinery in quite a shocking apparently wanton act of destruction for such a well behaved dr, it is highly dramatic and completely authentic and motivated by his justified rage. He is in fact behaving entirely rationally and all the onlookers are mad. Also his speech about " listen to that! Its the sound of the Earth SCREAMING OUT IT'S RAGE"! stirring stuff...ahead of it's time too...
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I always loved Sylvester McCoy ranting at Davros with what Davros was going to to - destroy planets, conquering the universe.....and the brilliant line "Unlimited Rice Pudding!!" That made me laugh - but it was done so seriously!
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always loved the moment with 10 in his first cyberman 2 parter, when he goes on about how Pete and Rose would be able to save him...nevermind! :D Of course the way the camera goes over to them as he says it helps.

But yeah, this is difficult. Matt has delivered some beautiful lines in particular. Billie had me in floods of tears with some of her lines!
  • DiligentDanDiligentDan Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Bit of a random one this, but I've always liked Tom Baker's "Humbug" (to the tax inspector chappie in "Sunmakers").
    I love the way he gives it just the right tone so that the taxman hears it as "Would you like a humbug?" but we, the audience know that he's really saying "What utter humbug!"
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 8th doctors "warm gallifrayan night" speech...
  • Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    The 'tumbling nebulas' part of this exchange is awesome:

The Doctor: It means I've come a very long way to get here, Alex, a very long way. George sent a message, a distress call if you like. Whatever's inside that cupboard is so terrible, so powerful, that it amplified the fears of an ordinary little boy across all the barriers of time and space.
    Alex: Eh?
    The Doctor: Through crimson stars and silent stars and tumbling nebulas like oceans set on fire, through empires of glass and civilizations of pure thought and a whole terrible wonderful universe of impossibilities. You see these eyes? They're old eyes. And one thing I can tell you, Alex - monsters are real.
    Alex: You're not from Social Services, are you?
    The Doctor: First things first. You got any Jammie Dodgers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I always liked the way the Brigadier says "You maddened it!" in "The Five Doctors".

Also in that same episode, the 2nd Doctor tells the Brigadier to have faith and says "Have I ever led you astray?" The Brigadier replies "On many occasions." The 2nd Doctor says "Yes, well, this will be the exception". I really like the way both Nicholas Courtney and Patrick Troughton deliver those lines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Also in "The Ark in Space", I really love it when Sarah says:

"I'm jammed. I can't move either forward or baaaack!"

And actually all of the dialogue between the 4th Doctor and Sarah at that time is great.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Yes, from Classic Who Genesis stands out a mile to me, but my first series as an infant wa 17.

But - wow, I can't believe no-one's mentioned Jacobi's part at the end of Utopia yet, hammy as anything but spine-tingling stuff, the best of the new for me (such a shame we didn't see him longer in the role :cry:) :eek: