Unusual gift ideas for my 90 year old nan?

2»

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who do you think is writing the thread about their *nan* ?

:D Lol.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    Who do you think is writing the thread about their *nan* ?

I got a bit confused. I think I read it as 'mum'. Oh well. It was a small mistake.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    My friend bought his Grandmother an Mp3 player and put loads of talking books on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks again to everyones' suggestions - I love the thought of my nan raving around on an MP3 player but she'd be worried she'd get electrocuted or something (she panics about everything, bless her :( )

I put some suggestions to her today and she said she didn't want any fuss, but she would like a huge bottle of sherry so that's solved my dilemma.

Thanks again :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend bought his Grandmother an Mp3 player and put loads of talking books on it.

I was going to suggest something similar, Talking Books do subscriptions for papers/mags, we got Peoples Friend on cassette for my own gran who is 89 and almost blind. She misses reading a lot so we get her stories on tape and cd from the library and her magazine subscription. She could enjoy a wee glass of sherry while listenting to some stories :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unusual gift ideas for my 90 year old nan?

I want to suggest a Gigolo?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you taken a look in Past Times? They really do have something for everybody! e.g. Really nice old-style photo frames that you could shove a black & white photo in, or old fashioned jewellery