Options

Best phone out

2»

Comments

• Options
    mediamogalmediamogal Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I have owned the note3 for a week, I can honestly say IMHO it's the best phone I've ever had. I can handle the size it suits me fine. I still feel my jeans pocket to check if it's in there, just like I did with the s3 I had prior. I've also owned a 4s and a 5, this phone wipes the floor with them. Apart from the skygo not working (even though it's down as compatible with sky) I'm a happy bunny.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Its a camera light. Great for video, not that great for stills.

When was the last time you saw a DSLR flash making use of LEDs? The idea of a flash with still images is to freeze the motion. LEDs do not do that as they're on for too long.

And software stabilisation isn't anything like as good as hardware - at least not yet.

A crap flash and crap image stabilisation still count in a world filled with phones that have crap flashes and no image stabilisation.
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mediamogal wrote: »
    I have owned the note3 for a week, I can honestly say IMHO it's the best phone I've ever had. I can handle the size it suits me fine. I still feel my jeans pocket to check if it's in there, just like I did with the s3 I had prior. I've also owned a 4s and a 5, this phone wipes the floor with them. Apart from the skygo not working (even though it's down as compatible with sky) I'm a happy bunny.

How do you find the size....
    Isnt it way too big for a phone? Especially for a girl lol
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    How do you find the size....
    Isnt it way too big for a phone? Especially for a girl lol

I've got personal with one and it's fine - the thinner bezel helps as it's not as wide as you'd imagine. If you intend to use it to make/take a lot of phone calls (God forbid) for extended periods then, yes, as a phone it's big.

However, for everything else, the size of it is soon a massive benefit rather than a hindrance and it's a great experience = I only wish I could afford one. Will have to make do with the Note 2 or (if I really want to feel like a Borrower) a Mega 6.3 (now, that IS big) if my next phone is going to be a big screen one.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    It's entirely subjective and it all depends on your wants and needs. There is no definitive answer.

I'm using a Nexus 4 which suits me pretty well but that's not to say it would suit you or Joe Bloggs down the road. More information is needed e.g. budget, must have features etc before anyone can give you an informed recommendation.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think whatever phone anyone gets at moment you likely going want dc-hsdpa