Disturbing video of uk police taking 13 year old child from father by force

JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUb9ZR_UD4&feature=player_embedded

Lots of talking in the beginning of the vid. both the father and the kid say they not taking him away from his family(during christmas time) and from 8:10 is where it gets interesting

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Why did they take him, what did he do?
  • tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes the police are bad

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

context
    context
    context
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police always take children away from their families at christmas, they do it just for fun at this time of year, as the criminals have the holidays off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    That is some ****ed up shit... and the fact that they were trying to hide what was being done from the camera makes it look so much worse. Why they were taking him away in the first place?
  • tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is some ****ed up shit... and the fact that they were trying to hide what was being done from the camera makes it look so much worse. Why they were taking him away in the first place?

probably to sell him at a police auction and buy dougnuts
    Forum Member
    The OP hasnt said, thats why I am not going to watch the video .
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all anyone knows the Father may have been enjoying a quick game of 'Cave Explorer' with the lad before the police arrived.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    The OP hasnt said, thats why I am not going to watch the video .

i do not know, its not my vid and its not stated
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Police execute court warrant.

More at 10.
    Forum Member
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    i do not know, its not my vid and its not stated

SO we cannot comment then we do not know the context.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The detective (I assume, he's not in uniform) explains it all - the judge has ordered the child to be removed from his custody and placed into foster care. Why the judge has ordered this is not clear (I suspect if the poster of the video said, it would perhaps ruin their agenda), but the police are merely carrying out the order of the courts. It's not a decision the courts would take lightly.
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say it, & i'm not even making this up for affect, but there are loads of sickos that make videos like that for youtube. Remember the video showing the aborted babies for starters? Dont believe everything you see on the net.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a court order that said he was not allowed to be with his father. The father was handed a copy and he said he did not recognise the authority of the court.

The father refused to let them take him and the officers had to remove the boy. Seems to me the father wound the kid up. If he cared for his kid he would have played ball and avoided the situation.

As another poster rightly says context context context.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    Dreadful viewing, a very distressing way for a child to be removed from a home. Unfortunately with an un-cooperative parent, and most are, most removals are made much worse for the child. I can understand the parent's approach, they very rarely agree they are a danger to their child - the man in the video states it is the court's opinion but it clearly isn't his. I can't say forced removal of a child this age is usual, most children above 12 are accommodated due to family break down rather than a court order. We actually have a financially led policy in my LA that says we can't accommodate a child over 12 unless they came into care prior to reaching this age or are at great risk. So whilst we can't know any context of this, it would appear the boy is felt to be at considerable risk from his father. Very sad and a good reminder of how completely shit some people's Christmas time is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    SO we cannot comment then we do not know the context.

well good for you because i havent commented either
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou-kate wrote: »
    Dreadful viewing, a very distressing way for a child to be removed from a home. Unfortunately with an un-coperative parent, and most are, most removals are made much worse for the child. I can understand the parent's approach, they very rarely agree they are a danger to their child - the man in the video states is the court's opinion but it clearly isn't his. I can't say forced removal of a child this age is usual, most children above 12 are accommodated due to family break down rather than a court order. We actually have a financially led policy in my LA that says we can't accommodate a child over 12 unless they came into care prior to reaching this age or are at great risk. So whilst we can't know any context of this, it would appear the boy is felt to be at considerable risk from his father. Very sad and a good reminder of how completely shit some people's Christmas time is.

That was what I felt watching it. I wonder how the critics of this action would feel if the lad had subsequently been harmed. They would be criticising the police for not taking action. I sometimes feel that the police and social services are in a no win situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    The detective (I assume, he's not in uniform) explains it all - the judge has ordered the child to be removed from his custody and placed into foster care. Why the judge has ordered this is not clear (I suspect if the poster of the video said, it would perhaps ruin their agenda), but the police are merely carrying out the order of the courts. It's not a decision the courts would take lightly.

no agenda, move along. if i had one i would state it.

does anyone in this thread knows what happened? have i missed this story on the news?
    Forum Member
    well good for you because i havent commented either

So why post it in the first place if you arent going to comment?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Fascism for you taking a poor kid away from his father. Makes you hate the Police even more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fascism for you taking a poor kid away from his father. Makes you hate the Police even more.

Are you so dramatic in real life Stud? or is it just your online persona?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no agenda, move along. if i had one i would state it.

does anyone in this thread knows what happened? have i missed this story on the news?

I meant the dad, assuming he is the one who uploaded the video.

Quite clearly the uploader is withholding some details; courts do not order 13 year olds to be moved into foster care willy nilly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, I know, terrible. Police take kid away from a father who he is not legally allowed to be with for some serious reason. What are they like? How dare they protect minors? What next? Catching rapists and murderers. Tsk tsk :rolleyes:
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what do you know about the father? Is he someone who can be trusted to look after his son?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The police are just doing their job, carrying out a court order after a fair trial.

The child's solicitor backed the decision too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you so dramatic in real life Stud? or is it just your online persona?

LMAO! :D I managed to resist that line from Grease "tell me about it Stud"...