Options

Emmerdale Question re: Eric Pollard

natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive only been watching Emmerdale properly for a few years so I never saw the plane crash episdoes - can someone tell me if Pollard did kill Elizabeth or if Michael is making it up? and if he did kill her what was the storyline? thanks

Comments

• Options
    Jontom64Jontom64 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody knows if Pollard killed Elizabeth however there was enough suspicions to suggest it. Elizabeth worked for Home Farm. Pollard had pinched the cheque book and forged some cheques. He used her typewriter to do this. When it was worked out what he did he threw the typewriter into a lake. Elizabeth was going to the police and Pollard was going to stop her. This all happened at the time of the plane crash.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two parts of the Pollard & Michael backstory is up on YouTube now.
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he finally confesses next week what really happened as in the TV Guide it says that Val is unsure about her feature with Eric.

Maybe he found her still alive but simply walked away from her?
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah ok thank you for the replies I thought maybe we as viewers already knew if he had killer her - so we will have to see what happens next week then :)
  • Options
    StarDeltaStarDelta Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Seem to remember well before the plane crash Pollard shot someone.
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    There is a spoiler on here in regards to Pollard. The actor gave an interview.
    He confesses to Val. He was about to kill Elizabeth but the plane beat him too it.

There is more too it and have to say I am so glad Emmerdale have returned to this story after all these years. I always loved the 'dark' Pollard.

Steph
  • Options
    12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's great that this storyline has been revisited.

And to use the original Michael is great too; I don't think anyone else could've pulled it off.

According to my book on Emmerdale (which gives the reason for moving to the Harewood Estate etc) the last time we saw anything of Michael he and Eric had a heated exchange in Victoria Cottage in which Michael punched Eric on the jaw.

Believing he had killed his step father he fled in Pollard's car; which was later found abandoned at the airport.
  • Options
    MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is great that Emmerdale have returned to this storyline - I always feel that it was one of the great mysteries of the soap - did Eric kill Elizabeth or not?

I myself always felt he did (in the beginning) and that the plane crash was a convenient means of covering it up (a la Charlotte in Corrie).

But as the years have gone by, the storyline has been forgotten as has just how dark and dodgy Eric used to be.

If the spoiler above is true, I would be happy as it reflects the darkness of Eric's character at the time and yet still allows us to like him now.

It is great to see the original actor back - I loved the days of the Feldmans and Cathy and Nick etc. - they were my teenage days too!
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    If anyone really needs a detailed backstory - Watch this!
    It's divided into 6 parts - The Pollard & Michael Backstory Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv09AM5oOZg

Steph