Options

Contract expires on Bold 9000 - which model now?

chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
Forum Member
I have had the Blackberry Bold for almost 2 years now and my contract is due to expire.
Obviously I would like to get a newer phone but as there have been so many new things brought out since I got my Bold 9000, I am not sure whether to go for a 9780 or wait a bit to see what new ones are coming out.

I'm used to Blackberry and I like the email facility.
I do not like touch screens.
The Bold keyboard is too wide for me to text one handed, so one which is less wide would probably be better for me.
Maybe the 9780.

If I don't go into a new contract immediately I can stay on the package I have on a month by month basis.

So, does anyone know if RIM are bringing out anything new in the next few months?

If not, I'll probably go for the 9780.
But I don't want to tie myself to that for 24 months if a newer and better model is imminent.

Thanks in advance Blackberry experts. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    The latest of the Bold, the 9900 is available, roughly the same shape as the Bold 9000 but a lot thinner, its had broadly favourable reviews apart from battery life issues and a lacklustre camera.
    The new Curve model, the 9360 is soon to be released, narrower than the Bold so maybe easier for you to text single handed
    I can recommend the 9780 (my present phone, both work and perconal), great battery life, slightly thinner than the original Bold, but I'm guessing it will soon be superceded by the newer Bold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, so is there a new Bold imminent?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Out on Vodafone now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Out on Vodafone now.

Do you mean the 9900?
    That one is a wide handset like my 9000 and I'm looking for a handset which isn't as wide.

I meant, are there any even newer ones due for release within the next few months? Newer than those already mentioned?
  • Options
    danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean the 9900?
    That one is a wide handset like my 9000 and I'm looking for a handset which isn't as wide.

I mean, are there any newer ones due for release within the next few months?
    Is it worth me waiting a bit before I sign up for another contract?

The new Curve 9360 is due for release in a couple of weeks or the Torch 9810 also coming out this month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    danleto wrote: »
    The new Curve 9360 is due for release in a couple of weeks or the Torch 9810 also coming out this month.

Thankyou.
    :)

I will read up on them.