The Bloomberg TV Appreciation Thread

Comments

• malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,153
    Forum Member
    Seemed a strange move going to Sky as they seemed to have enough on screen talent already unless they know some are going as contracts expire.

At least going to the BBC you have both BBC News for UK and BBC World News so more opportunity to appear on screen.

I see that CNN International's Global Exchange is hosted by John Defterios out of their Middle East studios so Anna Edwards in London is going to get little screen time given its only a 1 hour show. I won't be watching as 16:00 in the UK so poor timing for me. It seems a strange move for her to make unless she thinks she is in with a chance of one of the anchor roles. Although Becky Anderson has done well there.
  • viewer btvviewer btv Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »
    Not very likely she will be replacing Geoff Randall any time soon. It's a bit rude calling him an old fossil. Sky News have quite a few business presenters as it is. When Geoff isn't in it's usually Dharshini David who covers for him. They also have to find work for another ex Bloomberg employee Poppy Trowbidge. Phillipa Tomson joined Sky News not long ago and even she cant escape the 12 AM - 6AM shift. Maryam and Phillipa deserve better.

Many thanks for replying to my preconstructed test message you gave the information I was looking for about Sky News business coverage saved me the time of looking up from other sources .(Do not take what was said quite literally )I doubt that very much this is Sky News and it has its own unique way of doing things just going by recent changes there i.e its axing of weather reports and presenters.Bringing in recent months presenters for its sports reports from BBC News 24 and other staff leaving as well.Ratings and advertising are all they care about of course profits record profits .Sky News will ditch anyone if they can get a better replacement for them from the BBC or ITV this is what has done since it began way back in the late 1980s.Fossils refers to the different schools of journalism and tv news gathering ,anaylsis and presenting .The presenter on the 7.00 pm slot is from one era of this while there are others who come from quite different more modern schools of this .That 7.00 pm slot is a niche programme built around that presenter but people like him in that tv world usually in that age bracket or seniority usually get promoted to do other jobs after a while that is what I was alighting to there.That has been common practice at the BBC AND ITV and look even at BTV IN New York in the last year or so where this has occurred.If Robert Peston at the BBC suddenly became available no doubt Sky News would go and get him and no need to guess which show and time slot he would get . and who would have to make way for him.Ms Nemazee would not be going to Sky News unless she had been offered something pretty big that was coming up pretty soon that is just human nature .Her background and seniority and recent work on BTV show that Sky News must have earmarked for something specific in the near future which does not include their graveyard shift .We will know what this be pretty shortly and how is leaving Sky News line up to make way for her in their normal line up.After all if MS Janis could get a plumb job with ABC NEWS do you not think MS Nemazee could have got one just the same as her?No she had already worked in Washington with Al Jazerra and with RT in Moscow ,and been to New York last year with BTV to cover the U.S elections and before as a stand in on BTV in New York and Hong Kong..She has her eye on plumb top tv anchor job in the U.K and Sky tv News must have offered it to her whatever it is .
  • am1969am1969 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    viewer btv wrote: »
    Her background and seniority and recent work on BTV show that Sky News must have earmarked for something specific in the near future which does not include their graveyard shift .We will know what this be pretty shortly and how is leaving Sky News line up to make way for her in their normal line up.After all if MS Janis could get a plumb job with ABC NEWS do you not think MS Nemazee could have got one just the same as her?No she had already worked in Washington with Al Jazerra and with RT in Moscow ,and been to New York last year with BTV to cover the U.S elections and before as a stand in on BTV in New York and Hong Kong..She has her eye on plumb top tv anchor job in the U.K and Sky tv News must have offered it to her whatever it is .

Did Maryam just present the business news on RT and Al Jazerra? I only saw her on Bloomberg.

Would like to see her on the early evening slot as it's a bit boring on Sky News at that time.
    Forum Member
    Any word on Bloomberg tv bringing back their excellent weekend sports coverage they used have most of the time until ended a year or so again ?
    I would like to see that back again soon if possible with Laura Esposto presenting it in some shape or form .She is certainly a bigger draw than Flacqua in some departments and it would be nice to see another bright and cheery Italian female presenter on Bloomberg tv as well.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    malcy30 wrote: »
    I have to catchup on my laptop, as the flat my company gives me only has a basic cable package which does not include it. Only gets BBC World and CNN as English news channels. I have to catch up on UK TV via VPN, or online streaming.

It does mean I am catching up on a lot of the backlog of books on my Kindle :)

Whoever owned the flat should have put in a cable package with CNBC! If I was in that situation I'd want them to have the channel. I don't watch it all day like I used to but I'd go nuts if I didn't have it. I've been in hotels that didn't have it and I always asked them if they had it but some looked at me as if I had six heads and two tails :p As long as you can watch CNBC online though you're probably ok :cool:
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »
    Did Maryam just present the business news on RT and Al Jazerra? I only saw her on Bloomberg.

Would like to see her on the early evening slot as it's a bit boring on Sky News at that time.
    Yes she did according to certain bios of her like her three honours degrees she did at different places domestically and overseas .Does not give her height or weight though must be between 5ft 6 and 8 in in height and about ten stone and half stone in weight at a guess .
    Ms Janis is now up and running tweeting from her account in her new job from U.S which can be caught on BBC NEWS 24 every weekday night /morning 0130 on ABC NEWS there .
    Ms Nemazee will hopefully get some role in the budget coverage on Sky that is coming up soon and Ms Nemazee can at least get more exposure of her talents at a more normal viewing time.
    Forum Member
    Ms Nemazee will hopefully get some role in the budget coverage on Sky that is coming up soon and Ms Nemazee can at least get more exposure of her talents at a more normal viewing time.

I am expecting see lots of Poppy Trowbridge too. Sure hope we see Maryam but i bet we get Boulton on the show instead.
    Forum Member
    Does not give her height or weight though must be between 5ft 6 and 8 in in height and about ten stone and half stone in weight at a guess .

Why should it though? Most profiles of people online don't give stuff like that Even the ever reliable Wikipedia doesn't! Why do you want to know? :confused:
    Forum Member
    For the simple reason they do so themselves most of the time like over the last three decades in the media when they are advertising something or plugging some product where this info is applicable to it.Some come from acting or modeling backgrounds and put this info out there for the assignments they do.It as simple as that and nothing more unless your Diet Doctor who obsesses with peoples BMI etc .I already did a survey of this in my Biology lab sometime ago with other students but doing it once is more than enough .
    However enough of this enjoy watching the tv channel in its new format Flacqua is still a very good presenter and still the best presenter they have have in London for its tv output there in Europe .
    Forum Member
    I think it is time to draw a line under who was working at Bloomberg tv in London in 2012 and have now left to work for other Broadcasters elsewhere .It is clear now there are not going to be any new anchors brought by Bloomberg Tv in Lonodon in to Co Host Countdown with Mark Barton.
    The Pulse will remain the same under it different format as well as well and Flacqua will still be doing her own show On The Move and The Pulse with Guy Johnson .
    I see Flacqua is according to her Twitter account off to New York on March 2nd -3rd is she perhaps also flirting with idea of going off to work in the U.S like Ms Janis who is now at ABC NEWS in New York ?
    If she does go which is still a big if will Caroline Hyde get both her anchor slots On The Move and The Pulse which has presented before previously ?

I only hope BTV in London get that extra hour back for their 0500 -0600 slot again for the life of him I cannot understand the logic of having people watching Bloomberg West repeat at that time of the morning .Even CNBC Europe has a live broadcast from London at that time and it would nice to have some alternative to this on Bloomberg Tv from London at that time like Sara Eisen which would counter the US presenter CNBC has on slightly later on in their tv schedule.
    Forum Member
    I see Maryam Nemazee is back again on Sky News on their weekend midnight slot again once more and she is ironically talking about Britain's credit downgrade by one of the major credit agencies as the main headline .Given the expression on her face and look in her eyes she seemed to perk up more when this story came up more than the other stories featured on that broadcast .I bet she she is missing covering this type of news story which she knows so well.Hopefully I wish she gets a major posting abroad as a overseas to China and the Far East where she went to university there with another broadcaster sometime later in the year .She is a very good broadcaster and reporter and could do with a major promotion and change of scene for a while .
    Forum Member
    Nice to see Maryam Nemazee back on Sky News again on the Midnight News for a second night in a row with the Financial News dominating the top news headlines again she is for sure in her element when presenting this type of news story and doing interviews on it.Wonder when she is going to be Sky News website listed a presenter ?
    Without speculating further it would be great to see her filling in Bolton and Co and on Sunrise at some point when other presenters go on holiday later in the year.I am sure she can give Eamon Holmes ,Sarah Jane Mee etc a reminder that she is a very talented and gifted communicator who can easy do their jobs if not better .
    Forum Member
    I noticed on one website Stephanie Ruhle is pregnant so will Flacqua be going over there to cover for her on maternity leave ?
    She said on her own twitter account a day or so she was going over to New York next week is this a coincidence?
    If she is going over to work at BTV HQ for a short while who is going to cover for her in LONDON Caroline Hyde would be the obvious and experienced perhaps?
    Though with the changes that have occurred in the last 9 months at BTV or so anything is possible.I would like to see Sara Eissen over from New York to fill in for Flacqua or Susan Li from Hong Kong that would at least give you an excuse to watch for a while under its new format.
    Forum Member
    I only hope BTV in London get that extra hour back for their 0500 -0600 slot again for the life of him I cannot understand the logic of having people watching Bloomberg West repeat at that time of the morning .Even CNBC Europe has a live broadcast from London at that time and it would nice to have some alternative to this on Bloomberg Tv from London at that time like Sara Eisen which would counter the US presenter CNBC has on slightly later on in their tv schedule.

The show CNBC shows from 5-6am is called Capital Connection and it's live from London, Singapore and some other place I can't remember the name of. One thing I wish CNBC Europe would bring back is a show like Power Lunch Europe or Strictly Money. Their European market coverage has been dramatically reduced. It's not at the level it was in 2006.
    Forum Member
    I see Maryam Nemazee is back again on Sky News on their weekend midnight slot again once more and she is ironically talking about Britain's credit downgrade by one of the major credit agencies as the main headline .Given the expression on her face and look in her eyes she seemed to perk up more when this story came up more than the other stories featured on that broadcast .I bet she she is missing covering this type of news story which she knows so well.Hopefully I wish she gets a major posting abroad as a overseas to China and the Far East where she went to university there with another broadcaster sometime later in the year .She is a very good broadcaster and reporter and could do with a major promotion and change of scene for a while .

Still think Sky News isn't a good choice for her. But it's probably all that was available. I really miss her not on The Pulse anymore and just hope she can find something similar even if it means going overseas.
    I noticed on one website Stephanie Ruhle is pregnant so will Flacqua be going over there to cover for her on maternity leave ?
    She said on her own twitter account a day or so she was going over to New York next week is this a coincidence?
    If she is going over to work at BTV HQ for a short while who is going to cover for her in LONDON Caroline Hyde would be the obvious and experienced perhaps?
    Though with the changes that have occurred in the last 9 months at BTV or so anything is possible.I would like to see Sara Eissen over from New York to fill in for Flacqua or Susan Li from Hong Kong that would at least give you an excuse to watch for a while under its new format.

I will be surprised if Flacqua is Stephanie's stand in. Bloomberg has a lot of US based reporters and correspondents who are more likely to cover for her. Scarlet Fu or Alix Steel would be my bet. But i wouldn't get over excited about Francine's stand in as it's most likely to be Manus.
    Forum Member
    Flacqua has young child so it would very surprising to see her leave London for longer than two weeks I would agree having said that Ms Janis was over in NewYork last August for two weeks on BTV filling in the shows over there .Now she is now doing business reports on ABC NEWS from New York .Look at Owen Thomas twitter page link for her to a video of her in her new role as a ;veteran ' reporter.
    BTV does have lots of reporters in New York pity they could lend-lease one of them over just now to boost the staff over in London .Sara Eisen would do nicely or Alix Steel who was over in December in London for two weeks filling in BTV there .
    On a different matter I would like to see BTV ideally hire Luisa Baldini I remember her presenting and reporting on Five News a few years ago and she was very good in that role .Though she is currently at BBC News as a Italian speaker and well versed in European Affairs she would be pick for BTV to hire as a TV anchor on any show from London.Though this very unlikely I know and still miss having Ms Janis expertise and input on Countdown.Still nice to see her Freeview on BBC News 24 at 0130 on ABC World News then.
    Forum Member
    What happened to Nicole Lappin who joined BTV last year and stood in for Emily Chang on Bloomberg West while she was away on maternity leave?
    She has no longer featured on their website as a anchor or as a presenter which seems strange as she was billed according to certain media reports as someone who was getting a bigger role on their channel in other shows there.
    Guess she had other career plans and is working for other U.S T.V networks elsewhere pity she was slightly longer than the other anchors they have on BTV and would have drawn into younger audience to some of their output.
    Forum Member
    I see Ms Sterns is now based in New York as correspondent there for the Countdown programme despite saying on her twitter account she is still a London based correspondent and Flacqua despite her mentioning on her twitter she was going to New York on 4th March is not there and still presenting her usual output from London on BTV .
    Kind of leaves you a little confused and perplexed as they are saying one thing or doing something on their twitter accounts but doing the complete opposite in regard to what they are doing regarding their anchoring and presenting duties on BTV .
    Anybody know what is going on here ?
    These are journalists and they are supposed to convey accurate and truthful and also reliable information if they cannot have the information they put on their twitter accounts relating to their anchoring and correspondent duties as it relates to BTV it makes them appear something other than what they are whether by accident or design .Which is rather unfortunate and rather sad to say the least.
    Forum Member
    Nice to hear at last Flacqua broadcasting from New York with The Pulse though it seems a bit strange remembering it was not that long ago Ms Nemazee was broadcasting from New York with The Pulse in November 2012 with .the U.S elections back then.
    Would be good to see BTV on Freeview would be a darn site better than that crapy Al Jazerra channel they have on 24/7 .
    I hope Flacqa who has worked there in New YORK at BTV HQ before in the past some years ago gets a crack at major flagship show in the U.S real soon on BTV ..
    I see Mia Saini if that is the correct spelling of her name is also expecting her first child , with Stephanie Ruhle also pregnant and both probably going on maternity leave soon it will be interesting to see who fills in for them in the mean time. in New YORK and Hong Kong .If Flacqua and Caroline Hyde both hypothetically fell pregnant some time this year BTV in London would have a job finding temp cover for them while they were away on maternity leave .After the departures of messers NEMAZEE ,THOMAS AND JANIS in December 2012 which was terribly short sighted and ill conceived .Would like to see Rachel Riley get a co host anchor slot with Mark Barton on Countdown with her Oxford background similiar to Caroline Hyde and has worked in the City of London before .She could prove a good replacement for Ms Janis who left in December 2012 .She should have a good chemistry and rapport with Mark Barton as both are well known Man Utd fans and help gel them together as a pairing .
    Forum Member
    I am watching Sky Midnight News am just now and with the Budget 2013 today Maryam Nemazee is back anchoring this slot on Weekday and not a Weekend slot.No coincidence she is presenting this programme today shame she is not getting a normal weekday slot on Sky News for the Budget 2013.A total waste of her considerable talents and experience ought to be getting a bigger role for this event hope she gets used more often in Sky News Business and Economic output in the coming months.
    I
    Forum Member
    I am watching Sky Midnight News am just now and with the Budget 2013 today Maryam Nemazee is back anchoring this slot on Weekday and not a Weekend slot.No coincidence she is presenting this programme today shame she is not getting a normal weekday slot on Sky News for the Budget 2013.A total waste of her considerable talents and experience ought to be getting a bigger role for this event hope she gets used more often in Sky News Business and Economic output in the coming months.
    I

Maryam Nemazee back on Sky News tonight doing the Midnight news slot perfect news story for her do with the Budget 2013 .Much better with Maryam Nemazee doing this kind news event on Sky News despite it being on so late .Perhaps she get more weekday slots on the twilight shifts and hopefully more shows to fill in for other anchors come the summer.
    Forum Member
    Maryam Nemazee back on Sky News tonight doing the Midnight news slot perfect news story for her do with the Budget 2013 .Much better with Maryam Nemazee doing this kind news event on Sky News despite it being on so late .Perhaps she get more weekday slots on the twilight shifts and hopefully more shows to fill in for other anchors come the summer.

Just knew when this came around Maryam would be no where to be seen and stuck away on the graveyard shift. Hope your right about her filling in for anchors in the summer. But Sky News seem to be hanging on to everyone they have got and Anna Botting will probably be back soon too.

Still not watching the London bloomberg shows as the presentation is still just way too dull.
    Forum Member
    I see Ms Sterns is now based in New York as correspondent there for the Countdown programme despite saying on her twitter account she is still a London based correspondent and Flacqua despite her mentioning on her twitter she was going to New York on 4th March is not there and still presenting her usual output from London on BTV .
    Kind of leaves you a little confused and perplexed as they are saying one thing or doing something on their twitter accounts but doing the complete opposite in regard to what they are doing regarding their anchoring and presenting duties on BTV .
    Anybody know what is going on here ?
    These are journalists and they are supposed to convey accurate and truthful and also reliable information if they cannot have the information they put on their twitter accounts relating to their anchoring and correspondent duties as it relates to BTV it makes them appear something other than what they are whether by accident or design .Which is rather unfortunate and rather sad to say the least.

Not too sure myself. Doesn't make much sense Olivia being over in NYC as correspondent for the Countdown with the 5 hr time zone difference. I know it's the city that never sleeps but she'd be better off staying in London.
    Forum Member
    I saw on my epg on my sat tv that Bloomberg tv had reshuffled some shows last week but this week on my epg on my sat tv they were back to normal again on a little confusing to say the least .
    Also CNBC TV Europe has also reshuffled its morning shows around with the show presented by Kelly Evans now starting at 12noon instead of 09.00 .
    Maryam Nemazee again is presenting and anchoring Sky Midnight News on week night/morning six hour graveyard shift just now Tuesday 26th March. looks like she is perhaps getting a regular week night slot to do apart from the weekend slot as well.Clearly she is Sky News's gain and Bloomberg tv loss after her axing in 2012 .Hope she gets a weekend daytime slot in the summer so I can see her at a more at a regular hour ..
    Forum Member
    I gather Bloomberg WEST is now going to be on twice a day on European tv schedules and Taking Stock is going to be on as well in the evening daily with Bloomberg Surv being cut back to a one hour programme along with Street Smart also losing a hour from its running time .If I am wrong I stand to be corrected and will be more than happy for someone to clarify this even further.With Bloomberg Game Changers getting the 0600 slot which is a complete waste of space space I wish BTV could show some backbone in London did a U-TURN and got this slot back for a London based live tv programme with Caroline Hyde the economist presenting it.At least it would then reduce the number of reruns of much repeated U.S programmes then at least at that time of the morning .
    Amazing to think with Easter coming up this week how quickly BTV bosses in U.S have been mucking about with their schedule once again .After ruthlessly axing the number of programmes ,tv output and tv anchors in London in December 2012 .CNBC Europe tv will be have pleased with their antics and good fortune at the axing the tv anchors and programmes last year .Which gave them a free run in Europe without a serious challenge to them .