STV HD Coming To Sky+ HD?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Mention of RD was banned because of a very long running and unpleasant "debate" about it over on the "Non-platform specific satellite TV" forum, which got very personal and nasty.
    I was under the impression at the time that it was a blanket ban which applied to the whole of DS, but things may have mellowed over time.
    At risk of started it all up again and fulfilling my own prophecy, I will only say that the chances of RD ever being a satellite platform at all, letalone a serious competitor to Sky, are minuscule.
    It is just one man's personal vendetta against Sky. It might have succeeded had it launched before Freesat became available, but IMO has no chance of ever being viable now.
    :)
    So when do you think the people up in Scotland will get access to STV HD on Sky. What seems to be the problem. How hard can it be! Surely STV and ITV can sit down and work it out between them!
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    jst2 wrote: »
    So when do you think the people up in Scotland will get access to STV HD on Sky. What seems to be the problem. How hard can it be! Surely STV and ITV can sit down and work it out between them!
    I've never understood why it's anything to do with ITV whether STV (or UTV for that matter) go onto the Sky EPG in HD.
    They're already there in SD, so what difference does it make?
    It's more likely that STV and UTV are holding out for a ruling that PSB channels don't have to pay Sky to be on the EPG.
    They're just too mean to pay for another slot!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I've never understood why it's anything to do with ITV whether STV (or UTV for that matter) go onto the Sky EPG in HD.
    They're already there in SD, so what difference does it make?
    It's more likely that STV and UTV are holding out for a ruling that PSB channels don't have to pay Sky to be on the EPG.

Sorry for the delay. (Just back from my holidays) I don't believe that STV are too mean. How come STV HD is available to Virgin Media customers and you can get it on SD as well. If it's good enough for the piddly amount of Virgin viewers in Scotland, then why can't it be available for the vastly superior amount of Sky customers also. I just don't get it! ...........:mad:
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

that doesn't explain the absence on Freesat EPG.
    this is NOT a sky problem, it's a DSAT problem.
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    that doesn't explain the absence on Freesat EPG.
    this is NOT a sky problem, it's a DSAT problem.
    Don't you have to pay for an EPG slot on Freesat?
    Maybe not for PSBs, which would explain their annoyance with Sky!
    UTV isn't transmitting in HD on satellite AFAIK, but STV is, which makes it even more bizarre!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you have to pay for an EPG slot on Freesat?
    Maybe not for PSBs, which would explain their annoyance with Sky!

no idea, but STV HD would not be PSB anyway, although the SD version is.

the argument would be that if ITV1 HD paid for their slot then why should STV/UTV get away with it.

anyway, my thoughts are is it has to do with the new astra that will be coming into service.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the argument would be that if ITV1 HD paid for their slot then why should STV/UTV get away with it.

anyway, my thoughts are is it has to do with the new astra that will be coming into service.

ITV HD, STV HD, UTV HD, Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 HD should get PSB licences like their SD counterparts, its high time now they did so that HD can grow to become the norm!
    Forum Member
    Ah, I'd forgotten that the HD versions of the PSB main channels weren't themselves counted as being PSB services.
    I hope they are soon as that's a stupid anomaly!
    You may be right about them waiting for the new satellite to go on-line, at the moment they might not be able to be FTA, which would explain a lot!
    Is the current STV HD satellite feed FTA at the moment?
    I can't tell as my FTA motorised receiver isn't HD!
  • charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jst2 wrote: »

Never. Thank god for "other channels" though as the SD STV PQ is absolutely woeful
  • Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I see this thread pop up I get excited (ish) thinking STV HD may finally have launched on Sky.

Alas, 17 pages in, it hasn't.
  • charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to think folk are discussing ultra HD tellys. Wonder when we'll get STV UHD
  • Rolland_BrownRolland_Brown Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    October STVHD maybe then LOL
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charger21 wrote: »
    And to think folk are discussing ultra HD tellys. Wonder when we'll get STV UHD

And UTV UHD as well?:D
  • deg625deg625 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    In answer to Dave - H

Yes, STV HD is broadcasting free to air on Satellite.

10936 V 23000 2/3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    The funny thing is if you have a freesat box you can actuly watch STV HD by mannuly tuning it in.it only a Sky box that dose not allow you to do it
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would be very surprised.
    Not any time soon, sorry. :(
  • BannsiderBannsider Posts: 463
    Forum Member

Which October?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    deg625 wrote: »
    In answer to Dave - H

Yes, STV HD is broadcasting free to air on Satellite.

10936 V 23000 2/3

Anyway to add this anymore? Got a new box today but can't seem to add it. It only allows 22 & 27.5 symbol rate & when I try the other numbers above, it says no signal or something allow those lines
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, no way to add it on a Sky box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Anyway to add this anymore? Got a new box today but can't seem to add it. It only allows 22 & 27.5 symbol rate & when I try the other numbers above, it says no signal or something allow those lines

no, you can't add DVB-S2 channels on a sky box.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Bannsider wrote: »
    Which October?

October 2060. :rolleyes:
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    When ITV buy STV & UTV all variations of the channel 3 licence will fall under 1 umbrella

as ITV Scotland North/South Etc HD

& UTV HD

& also ITV Wales HD

along with the various English regions currently in HD

makes sense really
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    When ITV buy STV & UTV all variations of the channel 3 licence will fall under 1 umbrella

& UTV HD

& also ITV Wales HD

makes sense really

Is that the sound of Hell freezing over?
    Not likely to happen
    There would HAVE to be a lot,
    and I mean a lot of money change hands before that happens
    and as we all know ITV PLC are a tight fisted bunch.
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    & UTV HD
    & also ITV Wales HD
    makes sense really
    And when exactly is this going to happen?
    You do have a source of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    personally i would like the choice to remove STV all together.

Its an embarrassment to the Scottish people the programs they bump to show pants stuff.