Ray Donovan

124»

Comments

• Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha.

The Bobby Hebb version is a great song. Those two did kind of kill it though. :D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    HOLY SH IT!

I did not see that one coming at all!
    Was expecting a messy ending to that plot, with Bridget & Marvin - but not that messy...."Daddy":(

Kate next - methinks.

Loved it when Micky's movie deal went south - and arriving back, had the cutlery, in his pockets.:cool:
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snowflake

Not a good episode for any of the Donovans this week - very heavy episode.

Feel so sorry for Bunchy, he tries so hard to do the right thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    Snowflake

Not a good episode for any of the Donovans this week - very heavy episode.

Feel so sorry for Bunchy, he tries so hard to do the right thing.
    Bunchy, fighting his Demons - powerful stuff.

But seeing Mickey "catching some rays" was a lot of fun - not sure about the Pot Shop Job.

It's going to be interesting what Abby does, knowing now, who killed Marvin.
    Kate too, knowing she was duped....is she going to start digging again.

And Ray visiting Ashley at the end, with the creepy guy there.....creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kolchec

My my, Ray lives in interesting times.

Harridan of a wife
    Damn annoying reporter
    and Kolchec lives to go on to glory

It's all about to go Pete Tong I fear
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Kolchec

My my, Ray lives in interesting times.

Harridan of a wife
    Damn annoying reporter
    and Kolchec lives to go on to glory

It's all about to go Pete Tong I fear

Volcheck. He's not a cousin of the 70s precursor to The X Files. ;-)

I think it has a double meaning as volume check, this is the point where everything adjusts accordingly to suit the tone of the story as it is moving forward.

Abby is completely disgusting at this point, forcing a cop to kill/set up a murder because of her paranoia and lax parenting in contravention of Ray's clear expressed wishes that Marvin could endanger Bridget with his lifestyle. Her permissive nature, selfish indulgences... "I just wanted you to look at me, Ray!"... he was screwing her twice a day and buying her houses worth millions to show the appreciation and desire to satisfy her... she's absolutely loathsome at this point. She was even mean to the make up girl. Just a total Jezebel harridan at this point.

Bridget is increasingly sympathetic even though she has a Sophie Ellis Bextor plate face.

Conor was actually likeable as his sister's emotional anchor with both of them talking candidly, providing each other the support their parents won't give them.

Ray and the positive talking mentor's relationship... it's so weird, I want it to continue. He is composed and indulgent mania to Ray's rarely indulged bubbling rage contained by an artifice of professionalism. 3 times in the episode he lost his cool: against Avi, when he choked the reporter and when he finally went skinny dipping in the sea. Ray is Batman and the talking mentor is his Joker, they balance each other out with a simmering degree of love, hate, understanding and mutual appreciation.

I fully expect Shorty to die in the weed shop raid and Mickey to do a runner, leaving Terry and his parole officer holding the baby metaphorically. Darryl was at least smart enough to see through the BS and stay out of it completely.
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Abby loved being 'screwed twice a day' by her husband. It was so rough, it left her sore and when she took a lover Ray went nuts ( how many women has he screwed ? Ashley, the reporter, I'm sure I've forgotten someone !) I agree she's losing her mind re the threat from Cookie. The cop is weak though.
    I'm sure the dope shop robbery is going only one way! Dead parole officer maybe ? Hope Terry doesn't get caught up.
    Steve knight is a great character ( both like and hate him!) the complete opposite of Ray but maybe the only one to understand him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really thought Ray was going to keep squeezing Kate's neck.:o - and Avi, Hit - I'm sure he'd beat Ray, with one hand tied behind his back.

Abby & the Cop, another messy outcome to that, methinks.

Team Mickey - :cool: - they have to pull it off.

Tom wasn't on the Menu.:o
    And Ray 'finding himself' - dancing and now swiming.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    I'm sure Abby loved being 'screwed twice a day' by her husband. It was so rough, it left her sore and when she took a lover Ray went nuts ( how many women has he screwed ? Ashley, the reporter, I'm sure I've forgotten someone !) I agree she's losing her mind re the threat from Cookie. The cop is weak though.
    I'm sure the dope shop robbery is going only one way! Dead parole officer maybe ? Hope Terry doesn't get caught up.
    Steve knight is a great character ( both like and hate him!) the complete opposite of Ray but maybe the only one to understand him.

She defended it initially to the therapist when she wanted that house, then she later said it hurt and then said she only wanted the house because he wanted him to look at her, she was going to jump in the shower and shag him when he told her he'd made the initial down payment on the house, she tried it on with her yoga instructor and bought lingerie to wear for him but then decided to shag Ray at the house... honestly, the character is completely insanely inconsistent.

She knew Ray screwed around, she knows he does dirty work, she's stayed around for the perks because she doesn't have to do more than "run errands" such as going to yoga and going shopping. She's a trophy housewife and she's been seemingly content with that for years, even her kids realise it.

I wonder how the dope store robbery will play into the situation with the cop boyfriend and the FBI blackmailing situation. It seems everyone is going to have dirt on each other soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Terry. We all knew he'd be the one to take the fall. But it still hurts.

Wish Conor had died in that explosion. Even the way he walks annoys me.

The next episode will open with Cookie knocking on Ray's door and Abbie, gun in hand, answering. BLAM! Then Ray gets out of police custody and either deals with the clear up himself or catches fancy man Jim in action.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You just knew Mickey was going to fail - but Shorty.:( ....and Terry trapped.

Abby has to Kill Cookie now.
    Lena loyal to the end - but has to take the Money.
    Ray arrested: fool.

And Kate - still alive.........but is Ezra, giving Avi something to do.
  • Options
    LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,572
    Forum Member
    Maybe being arrested was a tactic so as not to hand over the video. to Cookie.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show...cant wait til the next series....Have they changed the actress that plays the accountant she looked very different to be in the last episode.
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this programme. It's one of the best programme to have come out of America in a long time. Each episode is full of drama and there's almost always a shock moment.

This last episode was amazing.

Ray has totally lost control of the situation (or so we are made to believe). I don't think he meant to get arrested, he just lost total control and lashed out. To be fair, he is constantly sorting other people's mess out and can't seem to go five minutes without someone calling him. I'd lose my temper if I had that amount of stress to deal with!

I have a feeling that Cookie has already seen the tape and knows that Bridget was a witness. So, I think his plan is to blackmail Ray into giving him more money/control in return for saving Bridget. However, now that Ray is a no show, that's all off the table.

Being that the next episode is the last in the series (I think?), we'll be left with Bridget either being kidnapped or attacked and left for dead, with Ray completely helpless for the first time.

I bloody love Ray Donovan!!!
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great end to a great season of what is probably my favourite current show. The ratings make particularly interesting reading, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had to be Ray, who stopped Cookie - but just two protecting him.:o

Great end to the season - ticked all the boxes for me, from Kate's sad end to Mickey at the Races....they even had time for Ashleys little domestic - Steve is crazy.

And Bunchy with his demons - great scenes.

Loved the 'tennis' match.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second those two never checked the bag it was obvious Ray had a gun in there and was going to shoot Cookie.

I liked the "five hundred thousand each or one million alone..." line. :D
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second those two never checked the bag it was obvious Ray had a gun in there and was going to shoot Cookie.

I liked the "five hundred thousand each or one million alone..." line. :D

Yes funny!
    Cookie dead, Kate dead, Terry in Jail, Steve too (what a tosser). Can't wait to see what's next for Ray Donavan. Best US series I've seen in a long time.😃
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I watched all the first season.

It started off kind of okay but quickly became more and more absurd. Cartoonish in that many serious crimes brought no consequences at all.

With no police investigating crime LA must be a criminal shanghai.

The acting was nearly a poor as the writing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    Can't believe I watched all the first season.

It started off kind of okay but quickly became more and more absurd. Cartoonish in that many serious crimes brought no consequences at all.

With no police investigating crime LA must be a criminal shanghai.

The acting was nearly a poor as the writing.

Well I think it's great. The actress who plays the harridan Abbie acts her little socks off. Bunchy just breaks your heart and the villains are properly threatening.

Still, can't please all the people all the time
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this season was better than the first.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this season was better than the first.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Season 1 was really good, 2 was even better.