Options

Restoring an iPhone - Help!!

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm having to restore my iPhone 5 as when I installed the new ios8 my iPhone went dead. Anyway, I'm currently in the process of restoring everything via iCloud...my iPhone is 64gb and was about 55gb full so it's taking absolutely ages. Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter were the first apps that started to load back on...however, they completely froze at the 'installing' part and while all the other apps have continued to load, install and complete...these haven't. Can't I just delete them and download them from the App Store again though...I wouldn't be loosing anything right? Because obviously I'll just log into the apps/accounts and my messages etc will all be there. By the way, the iCloud back up is from Monday...that's when the latest back up was. If I can just download them again then can I do the same with Whatsapp? That's frozen too. That's the one I'm worried about most though..,I have conversations, media on there that I don't want to loose.

Comments

• Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    I'm having to restore my iPhone 5 as when I installed the new ios8 my iPhone went dead. Anyway, I'm currently in the process of restoring everything via iCloud...my iPhone is 64gb and was about 55gb full so it's taking absolutely ages. Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter were the first apps that started to load back on...however, they completely froze at the 'installing' part and while all the other apps have continued to load, install and complete...these haven't. Can't I just delete them and download them from the App Store again though...I wouldn't be loosing anything right? Because obviously I'll just log into the apps/accounts and my messages etc will all be there. By the way, the iCloud back up is from Monday...that's when the latest back up was. If I can just download them again then can I do the same with Whatsapp? That's frozen too. That's the one I'm worried about most though..,I have conversations, media on there that I don't want to loose.
    iCloud backups never include Apps themselves (just the names of the ones you had installed) as there is not enough space (only 5Gb for all devices)

That being so iCloud restores always have to redownload these apps from the app-store. If you let them do this - and it IS going to take some time for a lot of apps - then the app data should restore from iCloud and the app will be in the correct state.