Could Take That beat Oasis' record?

123457»

Comments

• ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    According to DS 'Progress' has sold 12 million copies worldwide already :D

That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever read on these forums. There's not a chance of that.

It'll definitely sell in the millions as it hit the No. 1 spot in a couple of European countries as well, but 12 million worldwide? No way, not a chance.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever read on these forums. There's not a chance of that.

It'll definitely sell in the millions as it hit the No. 1 spot in a couple of European countries as well, but 12 million worldwide? No way, not a chance.

It's in the article on Digital Spy!
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a290879/scherzinger-battles-for-no1-single.html
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

That just can't be true. A quick look at the albums Wikipedia page shows that it simply didn't perform well enough on a worldwide scale to sell that many.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    That just can't be true. A quick look at the albums Wikipedia page shows that it simply didn't perform well enough on a worldwide scale to sell that many.

I don't know....would be great if it was but maybe they have got it wrong?
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably a typo for 2.
  • BramptonBrampton Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Progress new entry at number 1 in Germany this week, to put that into context the last studio album by TT reached number 14 there. Success in Germany is certainly down to the power of Robbie Williams who has remained huge in Germany, cant find any sales figures yet though. Also scheduled to reach number 1 in Austria and Switzerland but not seen the final charts there, just seen the equivalent of their midweeks (trendcharts) so far.
  • BramptonBrampton Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    No way has Progress sold 12 million yet. I would have said this could be the shipment figure but it still seems ridicoulsly high for that also
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of there previous albums have sold 5m let alone 12m. I doubt this album will get to 4m to be honest. They sell well in the UK but that's their only major market. everything else is bad to middling.