24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Just a quibble, are armed CIA agents allowed to run around on missions with impunity on the streets of London?

As long as they ask a 'bobby', and get permission from a pearly king and queen.:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Is every episode going to be simulcast?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    qwertyell wrote: »
    Is every episode going to be simulcast?

No. Now we either have to either wait until Wednesday or search for it online after it airs in the US (Late Monday night/early Tuesday morning).

I'm gonna watch episode 3 tonight :D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG :D
    Kay Burley makes her 24 debut in episode 3!
    lol
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^methinks she'll be packing heat in the next ep. :)
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First time I have watched this show, all the British people speak as Americans think we all do, either Cockney or Posh, we used to have screen actors with such great voices. I hate that the Americans sound so nice and we sound so common - the Lady terrorists were quite well spoken at least.

Need to suspend your disbelief a lot, didn't realise it was so easy for anyone to hack into our CCTV and Jack tries to get into a US base when he's under suspicion of wanting to kill the President, hmm.

Wonder how long it will take for one of us to call Jack a w ******. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    First time I have watched this show, all the British people speak as Americans think we all do, either Cockney or Posh, we used to have screen actors with such great voices. I hate that the Americans sound so nice and we sound so common - the Lady terrorists were quite well spoken at least.

Wonder how long it will take for one of us to call Jack a w ******. :D

Wait until you see...
    ... how parliament is depicted in this week's episode.

And who knew there was a massive, sprawling country estate just a five minute drive from Charing Cross station?

I mean, 24's pretty cringe-worthy at the best of times, with the endless exposition and rampaging dimwittedness (see: the army guy last week stopping to have a long argument on the phone about the validity of the warning he was receiving that his team were about to be exploded imminently). But throw in an Americanised re-imagining of Britain and it's populous and the cringe factor goes off the scale.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    As long as they ask a 'bobby', and get permission from a pearly king and queen.:D:D

I keep expecting a 'cor blimey Mary Poppins, er I mean Jack Bauer'.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    On 24, yes.:cool:

When it comes to answering questions about the credibility or validity of anything that happens on the show, that pretty much answers everything. :D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Steven Fry was a lot more convincing in this episode even if the parliament scenes were a farce!! lol
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The geography is still all over the place. That pub in Vauxhall is nowhere near Kennington tube station and getting from Waterloo to Charing Cross in a couple of minutes by road is impressive as is getting from the centre of London to a house in the countryside.

The scenes in Parliament were clearly written by someone with zero knowledge of British politics.

Could have done without Kay Burley.

Still lots of fun though :)
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Why on earth didn't they at least attempt a mock up of parliament, I could have forgiven a bad copy but to put them in a lecture hall was just bizarre.

I love 24, I will forgive it pretty much anything as it keeps me hooked regardless (only Strike Back makes me equally tense while watching!), but that was annoying!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Steven Fry was a lot more convincing in this episode even if the parliament scenes were a farce!! lol
    LostFool wrote: »
    The geography is still all over the place. That pub in Vauxhall is nowhere near Kennington tube station and getting from Waterloo to Charing Cross in a couple of minutes by road is impressive as is getting from the centre of London to a house in the countryside.

The scenes in Parliament were clearly written by someone with zero knowledge of British politics.

Could have done without Kay Burley.

Still lots of fun though :)
    Why on earth didn't they at least attempt a mock up of parliament, I could have forgiven a bad copy but to put them in a lecture hall was just bizarre.

I love 24, I will forgive it pretty much anything as it keeps me hooked regardless (only Strike Back makes me equally tense while watching!), but that was annoying!

This is a UK paced Sky 1 thread, so discussing Ep3 when it hasn't even aired in the UK is unfair on everyone else. I know there isn't a 'pace' in the title of the thread but everyone saw this last week on Sky 1 when it first aired on tv at UK pace.

If you want to start a discussion whilst watching at US pace then you should create a separate thread for the show so not to spoil it for everyone else.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    That's surely fair enough. Why should they listen to the terrorist they were trying to capture? This isn't CTU. You need more to distract them than, "Look! A squirrel!"

speaking of it not being ctu how realistic is the CIA station or whatever it is located in then uk, I mean do we actually have any of those over here ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    speaking of it not being ctu how realistic is the CIA station or whatever it is located in then uk, I mean do we actually have any of those over here ?

Well, the US Embassy in London is one of their biggest an most important in the world (and they are going to build a bigger one) and the UK is one of their closest partners so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the CIA had a big presence here.

Not too sure how having CIA operatives running around London with guns though.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Well, the US Embassy in London is one of their biggest an most important in the world (and they are going to build a bigger one) and the UK is one of their closest partners so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the CIA had a big presence here.

Also a far certainty that they have black sites for interrogation prior to rendition
  • jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just glad 24 is back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    If you want to start a discussion whilst watching at US pace then you should create a separate thread for the show so not to spoil it for everyone else.

Fair point. I hadn't realised this was a UK pace. I had watched the first two episodes on Sky but found that I couldn't wait.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598754/ Link to the series on IMDB.

They have a list of characters with the number of episodes they appear in. Is this all guess work, someone messing around or true?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a UK paced Sky 1 thread, so discussing Ep3 when it hasn't even aired in the UK is unfair on everyone else. I know there isn't a 'pace' in the title of the thread but everyone saw this last week on Sky 1 when it first aired on tv at UK pace.

That's a touch unfair. The thread is a year old, not specifically tied to the sky broadcast last week and as you pointed out - not labelled UK Pace.

The forum after all is shared between the uk and us versions of DS, so without a label it's enter at your own risk.

If you want to request the thread be made Pace specific, I'd suggest alerting on the OP and politely asking the mods to label it as such...though given the age of the thread that might not be accepted. You could of course start a UK pace specific one yourself
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't care less how far fetched and stupid this show is, or how little sense it makes.

Jack is back and that is all that matters.

Love this show!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    You could of course start a UK pace specific one yourself

This is the main thread. It's pointless creating a new one when everyone who's posted on here since Mon 5th May has been watching this on Sky1. I imagine at least 90% of comments since then have were from Sky1 viewers.

If you want to come on here and discuss plot points at US Pace when episodes haven't even aired in the UK you do so at your own risk.
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    If a thread title says UK pace/no spoilers, I always respect that, this one doesn't hence my earlier discussion of this week's episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the main thread. It's pointless creating a new one when everyone who's posted on here since Mon 5th May has been watching this on Sky1. I imagine at least 90% of comments since then have were from Sky1 viewers.

If you want to come on here and discuss plot points at US Pace when episodes haven't even aired in the UK you do so at your own risk.

Sorry what risk?

My assumption is it's a US show so the default without labeling would be US Pace, especially as the thread started a year before the first epsiode
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing what Chloe can do on her laptop. She can access every CCTV in London, track anyone, access encrypted sites and software, buy stuff from QVC for free.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if she could access and launch the UK's nuclear missile stock at North Korea just by pressing the F5 key on her laptop.