Mariah Carey: Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I love Heavenly, Faded, Supernatural and Cry.

You dont know what to do really should be the next single. It just makes me wanna dance.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love faded, dedicated and camouflage. Also really like Thirsty, you don't know what to do, one more try, meteorite and supernatural.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourites are...

1. You Don't Know What To Do (feat. Wale)
    2. One More Try
    3. You're Mine (Eternal)
    4. The Art of Letting Go
    5. Supernatural (with special guests 'DemBabies')
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her best work for a long time. Love it.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was completely wrong it's took a couple of listens but agree it's some of her strongest work and the best vocals in a LONG time. Loving the gospel influences!
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it on all day, and I'm still not sick of it haha. You Don't Know What To Do is SOOOOO good.

I'm so so so impressed with this album, I wasn't sure whether she'd be able to top Beautiful but she's really, really done it with this album. Clearly, the delays have paid off! :o I just hope she manages to promote and sell it well because she really deserves it.

Cry is such a perfect intro track as well. Although, to be fair, the entire album flows superbly. Well Done, Mimi! :D
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely flows well although I HATED that she's put two 4 year old remixes on it...especially when she mentioned other songs in interviews she could've put on the album in their place such as save the day
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely flows well although I HATED that she's put two 4 year old remixes on it...especially when she mentioned other songs in interviews she could've put on the album in their place such as save the day

I disagree, she said she wanted this album to be play as a body of work, and play it does. It's like she's infusing influences from all of her albums. You Don't Know What To Do even sounds like it could have been in Glitter. Besides, the Memoirs remixes are just bonus tracks on the deluxe version, so if you don't want to think of them as being part of the album, you don't actually have to.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an alright album. Reminds me a mix of Mimi and Memoirs
    I don't know whether i will buy it though.
    Forum Member
    I love camouflage. The album is so brilliant. Shocked at Digital Spy review. I thought it would get 4/5.

You dont know what to do is still THE song that gets me really excited and dance. and Meteorite.

Any rumors ok UK promo? She usually comes over to promo the album but the World Music Awards seem like the only thing happening currently.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    I wish Wale would shut his gob at the start of You Don't Know What To Do - ruins the opening
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    more like MC.... this album is more like it ....

it has shades of the brilliant MC2 .... mixed with Mimi .....but there are some fillers .... but there are some equally stellar tracks.....

like MC2 her voice is the centre piece ...with melodies and production created to showcase her true vocal style and sound....

she remains edgy and artistic while loyal to her voice and sound
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I like the album and as a long time fan I am impressed but this prob won't be a big hit! She should've released a music video for whatever single she's releasing for the album! Also done some promo here in the Uk. In this age where people are streaming music on spotify or downloading, album sales are at an all time low. Plus Mariah is generally hated by a lot of people, which even as a fan, i understand as some of her antics are irritating like the pretentious album title! But welcome back Mimi!
  • jazzyminajazzymina Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    i really dont like any of the songs on the album :( too samey and bland, I only like Beautiful... hope the album does well though as i do love Mariah :)
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I wish Wale would shut his gob at the start of You Don't Know What To Do - ruins the opening

No way! Love that part.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Going too listen to this on Spotify today :D
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just brought the song with Wale, as I'm getting the physical on Wednesday and couldn't wait for it!! :D
  • TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know if Mariah's new album is available in the supermarkets in the UK?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigBoy wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Mariah's new album is available in the supermarkets in the UK?

I don't see why not
    Forum Member
    I have asked ASDA on twitter if the cd is in stock at my local ASDA store they said it's not in stock, so I will have to buy an itunes card
    Forum Member
    I went to a local tesco that wasnt a large one or small and they didnt have the album grrrrr. They had other cds but only top 20 albums.

So I went to a big sainsburys and they had it at number 68!!!! only standard edition. £9.99

Im going to get Deluxe edition later on at HMV.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered mine on Amazon. I hope it's waiting for me at home.
    Forum Member
    I have just found out that Sainsburys where I live have the album in stock. I wonder why ASDA and Tesco don't stock the album??
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standard and Deluxe both available at HMV if you have one near you? Dunno if that helps? :)

And I agree about Wale, I enjoy his verses but I wish he didn't talk over Mariah's part at the start of YDKWTD :(
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    TheBigBoy wrote: »
    I have asked ASDA on twitter if the cd is in stock at my local ASDA store they said it's not in stock, so I will have to buy an itunes card

Why not Amazon ??
    You get the physical CD and a download straight after purchasing !