John Paul calling Ste sweetheart

13»

Comments

• ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    Even worse!! It makes JP pathetically needy and clingy, which is beneath him.

I wish they had kept Doug/JP strictly fun/casual, if they really needed to make it happen.

It was plot driven to get Ste back with doug to kill him off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Francy wrote: »
    JP would have never dreamt of calling Craig sweetheart (he would have been punched in return, I reckon), and they had a much deeper bond.... so why are they making him call Ste that???

The only other romantic partner he called sweetheart was Kieron... but I can see him and Kieron having the kind of (cringeworthy) relationship were they call each other sweetheart and other endearing nicknames. But that's it, he never called any of his other romantic partners sweetheart, only friends/family.

So why this insistence with calling Ste sweetheart, when their relationship is very new??:confused:

Probably because they want us to believe that they are so much in love without making the effort of showing us...

I agree, lol.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    gwenda wrote: »
    Lol. If you insist.

The only thing LOL worthy is your arrogance.
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

Wow.
    :o
    Really? Because I disagree that the thread is full of sexism and homophobia? That makes me arrogant?
    :confused:
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

Bloody hell, that seems rather a harsh statement directed at Gwenda.

I've read the thread and I think your first post saying the thread was, ' a mess. Just awash with stereotypes.' is an exaggeration.

If you make such comments then it is best to back them up with examples to support your arguement, rather than resorting to insults when you don't agree with another FMs point of view.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwenda wrote: »
    Wow.
    :o
    Really? Because I disagree that the thread is full of sexism and homophobia? That makes me arrogant?
    :confused:
    I have not watched for a while and enjoy reading the forums. Nothing on here has been sexist or homophobic. Women and men are different and 2 men posting on here have said it sounds odd to them. JP does say it a lot: I specifically remember when Kieran was poisoned. I do agree that he would never have said it to Craig. I don't think he would say it to Set. They hated each other with a vengeance for years. Your feelings wouldn't change so rapidly. I could believe in a sexuual relationship but not love.

People are right that JP has 'loved' Doug and Danny in a very short period of time. The point with Craig was that he loved him when most people would have given up. It was that tenacity that gave that storyline its charm. The character admitted to Craig when he came back that he was the one. Hence all this falling in love every few months does not ring true. In some ways I would like I if they recast Craig and brought the character back.
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In some ways I would like I if they recast Craig and brought the character back.

It's a nice dream, but it will never happen.... at least not in relation to JP.

I don't see how bringing Craig back would work.... they already had their perfect happy ending, with Craig coming back for JP's exit. That's the way such an iconic couple should have been left.

But then James Sutton had to go and ruin everything by coming back (and only to get crappy storylines and even crappier writing, to make it all the more bitter. If only his return had been worth it, the destruction of McDean would have been a little easier to accept....). Now, having Craig come back for JP's second exit would just be a repeat of the previous thing, and it wouldn't be believable anyway.

And having Craig back full force wouldn't work either... what would they do with him?? JP and Craig wouldn't be allowed to be a happy, stable couple because of the nature of the soap. They would probably fight and cheat all the time, and sleep with half the village.

We know that after JP Craig went back to girls, and is "happy" (or so we are told... I like to imagine that he misses JP at least a bit! :( )...so if he came back we would probably have a Craig ina relationship with woman after woman, with JP either doing his own thing or pining after Craig, and Craig being conflicted about what he wants, again. I really don't think we need a rehash of "It's just you JP" "That makes you gay!".

I could see HO bringing back a recast Craig a few years from now, maybe once JP is gone.

Man, I'm depressed now! :(