Horse Racing 2016

swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Happy birthday to all our equine heroes !

Here we go again.........

My only selection today is Come On Dave (EW) in the big sprint at Southwell at 2.05. Was 11/1 earlier when I tipped him on my racing site, now into 9s

That's the power I have..........:p

Comments

• Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

My only selection today is Come On Dave (EW) in the big sprint at Southwell at 2.05. Was 11/1 earlier when I tipped him on my racing site, now into 9s

It's amazing how a 10p ew bet can change the market isn't it :p
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how a 10p ew bet can change the market isn't it :p

:D:D

nice one DL !
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've a bit of a sore throat so may struggle to make the frame.....:)
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    First bet I've placed since the Grand National but I thought I would put some money on Mr Mole to win the 1.55 today. I've seen him run before and he's a quick starter so I'm looking forward to this race.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well.........into the new year, same as the old year !

>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV wins terrestrial TV rights from next year

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV wins terrestrial TV rights from next year

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd

Wow, that's a surprise
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITV appear to want ITV4 to become a Sports channel so it wouldn't surprise me if most racing days they show were on that channel

They've already acquired some Cycling rights like the Tour de France and Tour of Britain which they show on ITV4............horse racing would appear to be a good fit as it happens every day and they can pick and choose which days they want

I wonder if they'll do an equivalent of 'Morning Line'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Wow, that's a surprise

It's been on the cards for some time. The thread in Broadcasting about Horse Racing has been predicting it for a few months. C4 viewing figures are awful. For me they made a huge mistake when they lost the old guard and brought in the new. Far too middle class and out of touch with the man in the bookies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been on the cards for some time. The thread in Broadcasting about Horse Racing has been predicting it for a few months. C4 viewing figures are awful. For me they made a huge mistake when they lost the old guard and brought in the new. Far too middle class and out of touch with the man in the bookies.

Ok

Didn't realise that

Is Big Mac on his way back....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Ok

Didn't realise that

Is Big Mac on his way back....

I would be surprised. Age isn't on his side now. No idea what the ITV team will be but it needs to be a bit more punter friendly for me. I wonder if John Inverdale will be involved
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Considering that the Grand National used to be on BBC One, I thought that meeting had it's own rights?

Going to be weird, Channel 4 Racing gone. ITV haven't shown horse racing since Channel 4 launched have they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be surprised. Age isn't on his side now. No idea what the ITV team will be but it needs to be a bit more punter friendly for me. I wonder if John Inverdale will be involved

I agree it needs someone the average punter can relate to

Hope it's not the same old faces though (apart from Big Mac !)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Considering that the Grand National used to be on BBC One, I thought that meeting had it's own rights?

Going to be weird, Channel 4 Racing gone. ITV haven't shown horse racing since Channel 4 launched have they?

Near enough, 1985 so 30 years.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully ITV won't put it on one of the lesser channels because they are all low quality SD on Freeview - racing needs to be in high def to be seen at it's best. I quite simply won't watch it if they stick it on ITV4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Hopefully ITV won't put it on one of the lesser channels because they are all low quality SD on Freeview - racing needs to be in high def to be seen at it's best. I quite simply won't watch it if they stick it on ITV4.

most of it will be on ITV4.........the conjecture in the press is that around 30 days will be on ITV1 and 60 days on ITV4 with a total 90 days altogether
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as long as the big meetings will be on ITV I won't be too bothered - I doubt ITV will do much to boost the ratings though and will no doubt then shift all their racing coverage to one of their lesser channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crofter wrote: »

Really ? You would rather not watch than watch a race in SD ? Isn't that shooting yourself in the foot a little ? It's not like it is a difference between watching it clear or all fuzzy is it ? Maybe it is just me but the race is the priority to me over the fact whether it is in HD or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the second week in a row the winning jockey of the big Saturday race gets a whip ban

Tom Scu on Soll - 7 days

bad publicity for the sport
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really ? You would rather not watch than watch a race in SD ? Isn't that shooting yourself in the foot a little ? It's not like it is a difference between watching it clear or all fuzzy is it ? Maybe it is just me but the race is the priority to me over the fact whether it is in HD or not.

I've only just got HD a few weeks ago.......on Virgin cable

I can't tell the difference........maybe it's because the normal picture quality is so good on non-HD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just got HD a few weeks ago.......on Virgin cable

I can't tell the difference........maybe it's because the normal picture quality is so good on non-HD

Exactly

Betting on Coral as to main presenter

Matt Chapman - Evs
    Jeremy Kyle - 5/2
    Oli Bell - 5/2
    John Inverdale - 5/1
    Mark Pougatch - 5/1
    John Francome - 6/1
    Alistair Down - 6/1
    Derek Thompson - 6/1
    Catt - 8/1
    John Hunt - 8/1
    Ed Chamberlain - 8/1

10/1 bar
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Matt is doing the Sunday Forum tomorrow on ATR.........let's see what he says !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really one for those '10 Year Trends' that you see in various places......but I was looking at the Welsh National and noticed in the Past Winners list in the Post that the last 10 winners have all been aged 8 or under

There are only 4 such horses in the field this year.......

Upswing
    Chase The Spud
    Cogry
    Red Devil Lads

let's see how they get on !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh dear.......someone has pointed out to me that the race has been moved from 2015 to 2016 so if it has been run on the scheduled date the 11 nine year olds would have been eight year olds so there'd have been 15 horses aged 8 and under.......

erm so............as you were........:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly

Betting on Coral as to main presenter

Matt Chapman - Evs
    Jeremy Kyle - 5/2
    Oli Bell - 5/2
    John Inverdale - 5/1
    Mark Pougatch - 5/1
    John Francome - 6/1
    Alistair Down - 6/1
    Derek Thompson - 6/1
    Catt - 8/1
    John Hunt - 8/1
    Ed Chamberlain - 8/1

10/1 bar

Oh dear - if jobs are handed out on Yeeehaaa! and being a complete and utter bell-end then Chapman just needs to phone his application in ...
    sThe first channel that employs somebody that actually tips and bets winners will do quite well ... I am not sure what Chapmans stike s for his Sun column but I am willing to bet that an untrained monkey could rival him ... on a bad monkey day,.

No question why the bookies have him as favourite ...