Options

POLL: Who was better of Tom or Austin?

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
POLL: Who was better out of Tom and Austin?

Tom
Austin

Who do you think was better? 138 votes

Tom
44% 61 votes
Austin
55% 77 votes

Comments

• Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Tom. Austin never did it for me.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin by a mile
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God you do love ya polls don't you.

Austin EVERY TIME.
  • Options
    westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin for me every single time

From Hayley
  • Options
    tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom. Couldn't stand the "guns". Really wanted to punch Tess!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Voted Tom as the showdance was memorable and do not begrudge him for beating my fav Rachel.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Tom by a hundred, million miles. Always had an urge to punch Austin.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now if the Poll had been Austin v Lisa it would be Austin. Never took to him & always loved Tom's enthusiasm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Loved both but Tom wins for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom. He was a very good, natural dancer. Austin was quite good but I never got the feel from watching him dance that it was natural and flowing. He looked very much like someone who picked up steps well and could perform them but Tom looked like he was flowing, which is what real dancing is all about in my opinion. But I wasn't a particular fan of either to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom. He was a very good, natural dancer. Austin was quite good but I never got the feel from watching him dance that it was natural and flowing. He looked very much like someone who picked up steps well and could perform them but Tom looked like he was flowing, which is what real dancing is all about in my opinion. But I wasn't a particular fan of either to be honest.

who did you want to win that particular series?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Rachel of course! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Series 6? I didn't really mind. Lisa, Rachel and Tom were equally good only in different areas and ways. I was quite happy Tom won in the end because his showdance really was great but honestly, I wouldn't have minded if any of them had won :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Series 6? I didn't really mind. Lisa, Rachel and Tom were equally good only in different areas and ways. I was quite happy Tom won in the end because his showdance really was great but honestly, I wouldn't have minded if any of them had won :)

thanks for telling me that.:D
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you know what? I was actually getting quite fond of you! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Do you know what? I was actually getting quite fond of you! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:
    LOL, I'm sorry hon :p I take it you're an Austin girl?

You can call me rubbish if you like :cool::p
  • Options
    Forum Member

nice that we are having a bit of banter hehe.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I'm sorry hon :p I take it you're an Austin girl?

You can call me rubbish if you like

And there was me thinking I hid it so well! :o:D

I'm truly interested to know of all the Tom fans, can anyone remember any of his dances apart from the showdance? :confused:

I remember vividly Austin's waltz, jive, paso, QS, rhumba (for the wrong reasons :o) and tango.

and you're no longer worthy of being called rubbish! :mad:

And Lisa, :rolleyes:, shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as anyone else in the final 4. She wasn't much better than Michelle this series. She just got lucky with the order of her dances.

But am I bitter? HELL YES!!!!! :rolleyes:

And I was trying so hard to stay out of here. :o:(
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom was much better. Austin is totally overrated -- I still think his Paso was cringe-worthy. A lot of foot stamping and not much dancing.

I'm surprised the poll is so close (for now, anyway), considering this forum has always been pro Austin and very anti Tom.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm truly interested to know of all the Tom fans, can anyone remember any of his dances apart from the showdance? :confused:

I remember vividly Austin's waltz, jive, paso, QS, rhumba (for the wrong reasons :o) and tango.

And Lisa, :rolleyes:, shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as anyone else in the final 4. She wasn't much better than Michelle this series. She just got lucky with the order of her dances.

I'm not even a fan and I remember his quickstep, tango and salsa off the top of my head all as being good. I also remember his Waterloo jive and paso albeit for slightly less salubrious reasons (one true male heir to the Bunto Paso Face)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I'm not even a fan and I remember his quickstep, tango and salsa off the top of my head all as being good. I also remember his Waterloo jive and paso albeit for slightly less salubrious reasons (one true male heir to the Bunto Paso Face)

Yeah but you're a Strictly obsessive who remembers everything that everyone has ever danced including their outfits, scores and music, whereas I can hardly remember what Pamela danced last week, although I'm struggling more with forgetting some of the monstrosities she's worn! :eek:

You don't count, you're not normal. :rolleyes::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Tom's QS and jive (the first one that is lol). But - and don't hate me Alli :( - I don't remember any of Austin's apart from ... (oh god, you're going to hate me so much after this) ... his way OTT paso.

:o
  • Options
    tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Calm down, think of your blood pressure. Let go of the past, concentrate on voting for your favourite this year......as long as it's Kara!:D
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but you're a Strictly obsessive who remembers everything that everyone has ever danced including their outfits, scores and music, whereas I can hardly remember what Pamela danced last week, although I'm struggling more with forgetting some of the monstrosities she's worn! :eek:

You don't count, you're not normal. :rolleyes::p

I can't remember either Austin's Quickstep or his rumba. Although that may be because I've blocked it out in the case of the latter. (I'm not saying that out of all the Strictly dances those are the two I can't remember obviously (OBVIOUSLY), just of Austin's "memorable ones" that you highlighted). I'm not that obsessive. I have recourse to wikipedia and ultimatestrictly and squinting a lot.

Also, Pamela danced Broadway last week. And then tap. And then the Monster Mash. And then some pop jazz. Then she did the pogo. And we called it a Quickstep and gave it 40.