Options

Stacey and Janine to return to EastEnders in 2021; soap merger talks scrapped

D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From DS: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/eyespy/s2/eastenders/news/a295080/eye-spy-janine-and-stacey-return-to-enders.html
EastEnders legends Janine Butcher and Stacey Slater are returning to the soap for a special episode, the BBC revealed today.

In a coup for the Walford show, Charlie Brooks and Lacey Turner have agreed to reprise their roles after both recently finished work on significant movie projects.

While Brooks has just completed filming for Tim Burton's 'twisted' new film version of Mary Poppins, in which she takes the lead role, Turner recently shot her last scene for the much-anticipated new movie adaptation of Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra, which will see her play the complex Egyptian queen.

With Ryan Malloy (Neil McDermott) still on the Square and enjoying a new relationship with Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons), Stacey and Janine's bitter rivalry over the barman looks likely to re-emerge in spectacular circumstances.

An EastEnders spokesperson said today: "When Stacey left Walford on Christmas Day 2010, nobody could have imagined that she would one day return and have a chance of getting even with Janine. Fans will remember that it was Janine who drove her out of the Square all those years ago, but they'll have to wait and see whether she'll get her revenge or if there'll be another triumph on the cards for Janine."

And: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/eyespy/news/a295079/eye-spy-four-soap-merger-talks-scrapped.html
Tentative plans to merge Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks in a bid to cut TV production costs have been dramatically scrapped today following a storm of protest from viewers.

Sources close to the talks between ITV, Channel 4 and the BBC have told reporters that the creation of a five-times-a-week serial named East Hollydale Street will now "absolutely not happen" after fans held sit-ins outside the programmes' respective studios in Manchester, Elstree, Leeds and Liverpool.

The proposal to bring the four shows together into a single 30-minute drama was first made public five months ago following the recent financial crisis which has hit British drama production.

:eek: So pleased that Stacey is back! And actually wanted the merger to go ahead, how dare they. :mad:
nice one DS.
;):D

There's a lot more articles to fill the time with here, some interesting new stories as well: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/eyespy/

:p

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    AMAZING!

Charlie as a twisted Mary Poppins. :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    What happened to the last decade? I'm scared :(
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Am I wrong in thinking its the wrong time of year for April's fool day :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Lol :d
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I hope you lot are being ironic, otherwise there's no hope for you! :D
    If you aren't, read the whole article and it says at the bottom:
    <<This is a fictional news article. It is just a bit of fun and purely speculation on what might happen in years to come.>>

Not sure whether to :D or :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Well I hope you lot are being ironic, otherwise there's no hope for you! :D
    If you aren't, read the whole article and it says at the bottom:
    <<This is a fictional news article. It is just a bit of fun and purely speculation on what might happen in years to come.>>

Not sure whether to :D or :rolleyes:

Of course we know its a wind up, the title stating the year as 2021 kinda gave that away.
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course we know its a wind up, the title stating the year as 2021 kinda gave that away.

Sorry, silly me, I thought someone had queried the year, thinking it was a typo.

Backs out of thread :o
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Ryan and Roxy? NO WAY!:eek:
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    Ryan and Roxy? NO WAY!:eek:

Actually... I can see that. :p