Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Paul's Return!! :mad:

What it's not started yet??

Well it'll more than likely be S**T no matter what they do........:(
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't agree with the way they wrote Steph out by her deciding to stay in the fire, it felt like a cop out after the time they had spent developing her cancer storyline.

Thank you!!

Totally agree with you. I'm still annoyed to this day that they had Steph commit suicide instead of living her last days/weeks out with her family.

And as far as I know Gilly never told her family the real circumstances behind her death.

Kind of see he wasn't right in his mind after having to witness his wife do that not that it would excuse what happened between him and Jacqui.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    maxs dad ghost was pretty stupid

He wasn't a ghost, he was a dellusion by Bombhead who was becoming increasingly more mentally unwell after the loss of his mother. I always thought it was quite clever how that happened, at first the viewers just thought it was some mad Hollyoaks thing where people talk to the dead every now and then but it turned out he was symptomatic of a mental illness.
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad storyline but one of the episodes ended with Zoe's brother Archie in bed with Myra, it was just really terrible and random.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan killing his grandmother. He crossed over to the dark side with that. He was always iffy, but had interesting moments. Now I only see him as a total mess.
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those of a nervous disposition look away now:

Heidi and Gaz :eek:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    Those of a nervous disposition look away now:

Heidi and Gaz :eek:
    :eek: You win.
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    :eek: You win.

Oh Gaz. How I miss you.

And for anyone who wants a little reminder...
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's not forget the time Kathy Barnes sent a Tupperware box full of faeces to the Ashworths' house. There seems to be a recurring theme here.

Hahaha, I loved Kathy Barnes! Wish they would bring her back
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Myra and that sheep was quite ridiculous.

Also I remember for one episode Duncan decided he wanted to do karate and then totally forgot about it!
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The absolute worst storyline of all time was the Justin's "drug addiction" plot. Justin smoked a joint and then instantly became hooked, started hitting his mum, pushed Darlene through a glass window, bullying Ali, running away from home, stealing money, all his stoner mates would come round and trash the place and act like a bunch of junkies...it was the most ridiculously over the top crap I've ever seen.

I'm glad the show has moved on from demonizing weed (a far more accurate depiction was shown in Hollyoaks Later, with Bart and his friends simply getting a bit giggly and chilled out on it, rather than becoming complete monsters.)

Also worth mentions are the beast of Hollyoaks, India shitting herself in the car and poor Dan Hunter's not stop misery throughout 2004 when he's convicted of Toby's crimes, and then just when his ordeal is over, he competes in a car race and his car blows up and kills him.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    The absolute worst storyline of all time was the Justin's "drug addiction" plot. Justin smoked a joint and then instantly became hooked, started hitting his mum, pushed Darlene through a glass window, bullying Ali, running away from home, stealing money, all his stoner mates would come round and trash the place and act like a bunch of junkies...it was the most ridiculously over the top crap I've ever seen.

I'm glad the show has moved on from demonizing weed (a far more accurate depiction was shown in Hollyoaks Later, with Bart and his friends simply getting a bit giggly and chilled out on it, rather than becoming complete monsters.)

Also worth mentions are the beast of Hollyoaks, India shitting herself in the car and poor Dan Hunter's not stop misery throughout 2004 when he's convicted of Toby's crimes, and then just when his ordeal is over, he competes in a car race and his car blows up and kills him.

I thought the reason Justin was acting out was cos he found out his dad killed himself or something?
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Leanne/Doug wedding storyline was pretty damn awful everyone came out of that looking pretty bad, just terrible.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    dequeen wrote: »
    Thank you!!

Totally agree with you. I'm still annoyed to this day that they had Steph commit suicide instead of living her last days/weeks out with her family.

And as far as I know Gilly never told her family the real circumstances behind her death.

Kind of see he wasn't right in his mind after having to witness his wife do that not that it would excuse what happened between him and Jacqui.
    As good as the storyline was Gilly raping Jacqui was stupid he was a nice guy then suddenly he's supposed to have raped his best mates girlfriend eh no.
    Rhys and his sister/cindy not sure which I find worse
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan being blown up was not good.

John Paul and Kieron story was at its best, dire.

Warren's sister Katy, her acting was poor, along with Rhys's sister.

The last later Amsterdam Story line seemed a bit pointless to me.

Anything with Bart or Teresa in, can't stand them. Fortunately don't watch HO for long periods of time, but am always disappointed when I have a watch and see them still there!
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    India and the car and Carmel and the potato have to be the major dire ones!

Story wise, mercy and Calvin was just so unbelievable. Mercy and Malachy and Calvin and Carmel were both strong enough couples on their own, they didn't need an affair

Rhys current transformation from sleazy git to great guy and now BACK to sleazy uncaring git is something im hating aswell!
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Doug going Gay after the heartbreak he went through with the so called love of his life Bex at Christmas. The writers must think we all have dementia or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve only just got back into watching HO and my mind is a little fuzzy on all the small stories like jesus potato so most of what I can remember is worst relationship storylines. That said, I’ll never forgive HO for blowing up Dan :(

Finn & Tony’s mum – Still grosses me out

Darren & Suzanne + Twins – Stop pairing men with their friends’ mums. Why make her pregnant? Why twins? Why does he barely mention them? It was utterly pointless.

Rhys & Kathy – WTF? Again no point other than to be disgusting

Rhys & His Sister – Ew, it’s a shame because I quite liked her and their relationship before finding out she was his sister. It shouldn’t have gone any further after he found out though it didn’t help that I liked his pairings with Sarah & Mercedes around that time too.

Riley & Mitzeee – If they weren’t so closely related then fair enough but they were so ew.

Steph, Dan & Darren – Surely she could find a boyfriend who wasn’t her sister’s ex?

Nancy & Jake – Same as above. Did I dream she also had a brief thing with Justin? If she did add it to the list.

Nancy, Kris, Ravi - No comment

Will faking Kris’ HIV results and then Kris having another HIV scare not long after

Gilly raping Jacqui – No comment

Doug & Leanne Wedding thing, also Ste’s attitude to it when it was his idea and he convinced Doug who didn’t want to do it initially

Not a worst storyline as they’d be fine as a one off but the amount of straight characters that are suddenly gay is ridiculous

Warren & Sasha and also his fake death

Will/Silas stuff – was there even a point?

Bart’s existence

THIS IS NOT NORMAL NOR A GOOD STORYLINE
    Carmel/Theresa/Mercedes & Calvin
    Mercedes/Tina & Russ
    Jacqui/Theresa/Mercedes & Tony
    Mercedes/Jacqui & Rhys
  • GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I forgot to add these two to my previous list, I am surprised I forgot.

Bart & Sinead:mad::yawn:
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't all of this look fantastic compared to the last year? I would just add "2014" to this list as one long horrible storyline.

Argh I totally repressed Heidi and Gaz. No wonder Kim Tiddy left.
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    The lawn mower race.

That was only one episode, not a whole week like when Hollyoaks devoted a big storyline to Justin and Ali barricading themselves in the family bathroom as a big storyline.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    The hospital *seige* is easily the worst thing I've ever seen in Hollyoaks.
  • Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the above, plus Carmel's flirtation with nunnery and Duncan bumping his head and briefly becoming a mathematical genius as a result. Oh, and the sheep.

I actually found sheep St quite funny. Shame they made him into lamb chops . If someone's dog was killed, that's sad, someone's lamb pet, that's fine.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Cameron's OCD storyline was handled terribly.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of these listed were all quite good compared to the crock of shite we have to watch now!