• Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The nuttier and more implausible SW gets the more I like it! :D
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    And why was she so scared of him when he had to bash the door in?

I was thinking the same thing myself. I have even watched that bit again it and still it does not make sense. She saw his likeness on the TV screen, looked terrified, then rushed into the bathroom, locked the door and he bashed it down. Why would he do that if they were both in it together?
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing myself. I have even watched that bit again it and still it does not make sense. She saw his likeness on the TV screen, looked terrified, then rushed into the bathroom, locked the door and he bashed it down. Why would he do that if they were both in it together?

I watched the whole two episodes again today and I saw it that when his figure came on TV he said "oh no" or something (but when he said it he knew she knew by the way he said it) which I understood that all she was panicking from is that they were going to get caught,so she panicked and ran into the bathroom,
    when he got inside he was grabbing her saying "you only want me for this" holding the implement shed used to kill the two people with(when I watched this bit last night I didn't understand what he was talking about),so she was saying she loves him and she will fix it him not being caught by burning his clothes and changing his appearance ,
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's one of the best stories Silent Witness have ever done in my opinion - excellent from start to finish. Nailbiting stuff, with plenty of twists and turns... What more could you want!

I honestly thought the woman was vulnerable and she'd picked up a psychopath from the tube station..so to discover that she was the main instigator of it all was shocking! :o a brilliant twist.

I really liked the back story of the young detective this week as well, and I liked Nikki being there for him. Where was the jogger this week though? Nikki left her number for him in the origami...maybe he'll pop up in the next story or was it a flash in the pan romance I wonder ;-)
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this week but as others have said there are things that don't make sense.

Ok at a stretch I guess you could explain away her panicking when they saw his face on the news cctv footage as just worrying that he would be found and connected to her etc.. Rather than her realising he was dangerous, ...her locking herself in the bathroom and him bashing the door down is rather over the top if that was just the case though.

What really doesn't make sense is that supposedly we are to think that to get owen to be the 'muscle' behind the killings was that the people were all in some way to do with her losing her baby to adoption. The thing is after watching it again he found out about the baby AFTER the religious woman (who they found out was the social worker involved in the adoption) was killed and found in the bath. That got me thinking that maybe that was her alone for that murder but then I remembered the cctv from the train showing OWEN getting off the train to follow the religious woman. no cctv ever showed her physically there nor did we see her anywhere near the alleyway scene when the ex boyfriend got killed, rather we saw her in bed and Owen returning home from that murder.

I can only think that the 'flashbacks' we saw at the end with her doing the stabbing was more just symbolising her being behind the killings and using Owen to do the actual physical killing 'for her'. (Though a review of this episode I just read take it that she was actually there with him)

I totally get what they did with this story, it even crossed my mind that she was using him and getting him to go after the people but what we actually saw doesn't add up nor does the timing of things.
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must have been older than 20 to have a good enough job to be able to live in London in her own flat, her child should have been older. I hate the way these programmes make me pick out the anomalies instead of just watching and enjoying. I wish they would make sure they make sense before they broadcast them.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the young cop comes back sometime. I really liked him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fog wrote: »
    I enjoyed this week but as others have said there are things that don't make sense.

Ok at a stretch I guess you could explain away her panicking when they saw his face on the news cctv footage as just worrying that he would be found and connected to her etc.. Rather than her realising he was dangerous, ...her locking herself in the bathroom and him bashing the door down is rather over the top if that was just the case though.

What really doesn't make sense is that supposedly we are to think that to get owen to be the 'muscle' behind the killings was that the people were all in some way to do with her losing her baby to adoption. The thing is after watching it again he found out about the baby AFTER the religious woman (who they found out was the social worker involved in the adoption) was killed and found in the bath. That got me thinking that maybe that was her alone for that murder but then I remembered the cctv from the train showing OWEN getting off the train to follow the religious woman. no cctv ever showed her physically there nor did we see her anywhere near the alleyway scene when the ex boyfriend got killed, rather we saw her in bed and Owen returning home from that murder.

I can only think that the 'flashbacks' we saw at the end with her doing the stabbing was more just symbolising her being behind the killings and using Owen to do the actual physical killing 'for her'. (Though a review of this episode I just read take it that she was actually there with him)

I totally get what they did with this story, it even crossed my mind that she was using him and getting him to go after the people but what we actually saw doesn't add up nor does the timing of things.

You are right,as I was so busy trying to be clever and explain to my friend that the reason why she screamed was cos she was scared getting caught,my friend said exactly the sane as you "well she told him about her baby and how no body had helped her after the religious woman was killed,...I cannot work that one out,unless the events times and places don't always run after the other in sequence ,
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the sniper one more, but I quite liked this one too. I didn't guess she was in on it, although after she stabbed the store keeper, I did think she would kill again. I thought they both played their parts really well but I wasn't rooting for them. They were too cold blooded for me!

I thought the atmosphere in this was well done. I most probably would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't been:
    a) trying to suss out how old her kid was I thought he was about 3 and she looked and acted too old to be just 17. Reading on here he was 6 makes more sense.
    b) wondering how when Nicky runs, she does it with a straight back!
    c) wondering why I knew the blokes face. Thanks for pointing out it was Tim Roths son.

Re - state of bodies after hit by tube. To be honest, think I'd prefer to see a bit of a bashed face more than maybe half a head, or a not attached limb!!!
    Re - her reaction to seeing him on TV. This didn't work for me because it seems too much of a push she would react that way. She was backing away from him like she was scared. Obviously it was so people like me wouldn't get the twist and fair play, a good twist, but I feel like SW cheated a bit! I suppose though should've guessed, seeing as he got her twice to do the stabbing.

I realised I'm no good at guessing kids age. I thought Lanas boy was a lot younger and the copper as a kid was a lot older!

Anyway, I am enjoying this new season. I watched SW back in the day of Amanda Burton but I found her so depressing to watch, I had to turn off! Put me off the show for years! I do like it now though and really got into this and last weeks storylines, hope it continues.
  • Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found that I didn't care about any anomalies etc

I was swept away by the acting.
    Fantastic piece of drama imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    She must have been older than 20 to have a good enough job to be able to live in London in her own flat, her child should have been older. I hate the way these programmes make me pick out the anomalies instead of just watching and enjoying. I wish they would make sure they make sense before they broadcast them.

She looked much older than 20, I thought her child would turn out to be an adult.

There was a comedy series a few years ago where three girls lived in a large flat in St John's Wood, none of whom had a really good job, but we were expected to believe that they could live in the most expensive place in the world on barmaids wages
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First season I've watched of Silent Witness and both the drama and acting is absolutely fantastic. Both great episodes but I defiantly preferred the Sniper.

But Fallen Angels was well done with the fact it was Lana doing the killing and all the links with he adoption.
  • Options
    WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    She looked much older than 20, I thought her child would turn out to be an adult.

There was a comedy series a few years ago where three girls lived in a large flat in St John's Wood, none of whom had a really good job, but we were expected to believe that they could live in the most expensive place in the world on barmaids wages

She'll love you! :) Find My Past has her birth year as 1992.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »

Her flat looked like it was in a run down part of London to be fair, and it wasn't very ncie inside either. She was maybe aged 20 or 21 if her son was 6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    First season I've watched of Silent Witness and both the drama and acting is absolutely fantastic. Both great episodes but I defiantly preferred the Sniper.

But Fallen Angels was well done with the fact it was Lana doing the killing and all the links with he adoption.

I'm glad you're enjoying it,
    there has been some marvellous series's especially with the old cast before now in them,anyone remember Harry in Budapest??
    -I loved that one I cannot remember which series but we are in series 18 now and I've watched it from the beginning so try and watch some a few seasons ago with Tom Ward in them you'll love them!
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her flat looked like it was in a run down part of London

Not sure where the flat was but they film a lot of the programme in Acton, which is convenient for Emilia Fox as she lives there. Presumably she doesn't think it's run down! The scene in the café was on Acton High Street and I've seen other local locations used for chases, shops, general exteriors etc.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad as in four people were murdered and another one seriously wounded and the people responsible weren't tried and convicted for their crimes?

Let's face it, we're only rooting for them because they're beautiful young RADA types.

I didn't see them as RADA types. They were both hopeless cases, you could see there was no way out for them, yet somehow I felt for them.
    My problem is with the writers. They chose to make ( one of) these characters kill, yet without these deaths there'd be no Silent Witness, I suppose.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Caves barely featured. In fact none of the manin 3 were overly prominant. As i said earleir that annoying 'hands in pockets' detective seemed to get all the screentime.

I don't mind Jack being more main anyway. The last few series have been 'The Nikki Alexander Show' and i'd like to see more of Jack and Thomas.

I love the Jack character :) I've been a fan of David Caves since I saw him on stage a couple of years ago, and when he got the part in Silent Witness, I was really pleased.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heres a new character.........oh look he just happened to murder his dad in tragic circumstances, well it happens every day dosent it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed on the credits that Liz Carr's name appears at the top? "Liz Carr as Clarissa" with ....... All the other members of the cast underneath her? I don't understand - ive never seen credits like this?
  • Options
    Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1Sandra2 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed on the credits that Liz Carr's name appears at the top? "Liz Carr as Clarissa" with ....... All the other members of the cast underneath her? I don't understand - ive never seen credits like this?

It means she's a main cast member, but she's not important enough to make the opening credits, so she gets her credits at the top of the end ones.
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1Sandra2 wrote: »

I noticed that too and was also intrigued.
  • Options
    Hilary22catHilary22cat Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the first two episodes last night. Please tell me that the female detective isn't a permanent feature?

If I have to watch her one more time walking/standing around with her hands in her pockets I will scream.

Surely someone directing must have noticed? Or am I just getting old? Looked back quickly over the first few posts and it seems I am not alone but didn't want to read further because I haven't watched epi 3 and 4 yet. However, if she is still in I shall wipe them now because I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Was completely transfixed each time she was on the screen, in disbelief.

Maybe that's why 'Charlie Booker' left her - it drove him insane too >:(
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    I don/t understand this phobia some people have for hands in pockets? :confused:
  • Options
    Hilary22catHilary22cat Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don/t understand this phobia some people have for hands in pockets? :confused:

I do honestly think its an age thing - when I was at school, being seen with your hands in your coat pockets at the bus stop warranted a detention.

Its tricky to stand up straight with your shoulders back and your hands in your pockets!