Comments

• dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poor zak his family are not being very understanding are they:cry:
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    tjbantam wrote: »
    Given the state the show is in at the mo, i'd be happy to see the headline 'Stuart Blackburn quits/sacked by Emmerdale' even if it was immediately followed by 'Replacement is Mr Blobby'.
    I think Mr Blobby would be a definite improvement.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven123 wrote: »
    Carl speeding and Rodney taking the blame not so long ago.

As I said he is hardly in it and I would not call this a major storyline as it lasten about a week

Gennie is an awful character and always been in the background, she's a supporting cast member, not a main star.

Its a soap, no one actor should be a main star. They are all supporting cast members.

No chance SB is going anywhere and good job too, he's doing a great job.

More's the pity

Not going to happen unless Emmerdale suddenly takes a massive nose-dive in quality and ratings.

Well the nose dive in quality as happen.

I know that no matter what I say, you will defend Emmerdale to the hilt and that is ok.

Just remember you should be able to see the good and the bad to appreciate something
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carl speeding and Rodney taking the blame not so long ago.
    Sorry that's not what I would classify a big storyline:cool:

He was offscreen for six weeks in the run up to Cain's attack (and really he should have been a main suspect- given their history it would have made more sense than some of the plot contrivances involving Moira and John)

Has he been given much to do since Jimmy's amnesia:confused:
    Gennie is an awful character and always been in the background, she's a supporting cast member, not a main star.

I think she's quite a likeable character- more relevantly she's a capable actress given decent material

No show should be overly reliant on four of five characters like Debbie, Chas, Aaron, Amy, Cain

This is a huge problem for Emmerdale they need to write for all the characters- viewers will like and relate to different characters
    No chance SB is going anywhere and good job too, he's doing a great job.
    I'm delighted you think he's doing a great job- sadly I cannot agree

Not going to happen unless Emmerdale suddenly takes a massive nose-dive in quality and ratings.
    In my view the quality has taken a nosedive- I see nothing onscreen that's on a par with Lexi's exit, most of the Wylde storylines, Aaron's coming out- those episodes with Paddy were outstanding, Lisa's rape
    There are very few quieter scenes any more- where two or three characters just talk- but it's something worth hearing
    NathanT wrote: »
    Yep Lisa's always been written as a very perceptive person and a bit of a mother hen who would pick up on it fairly quickly whenever there was something wrong with one of her 'brood' (hubby included). Plus, after years of living with Shadrach, I'm sure everyone in that house could see an alcoholic coming from a mile off. But the worst thing is Lisa knows that Zak was Cain's attacker and apparently she hasn't yet linked that with his current behaviour. :confused: Maybe if Lisa didn't know about the attack her attitude right now would be a bit more acceptable. As it is, I feel as though they're undermining the closeness we saw between Zak and Lisa in the aftermath of Lisa's rape. A lot of the Dingles - Zak, Belle, Sam and Debbie (pre this awful Sarah plot) - picked up on the fact that something wasn't right with Lisa immediately after the rape. Yet they've all (bar Sammie) been wandering around oblivious to Zak's much more obvious distress (too obvious IMO).

Maybe when Betty gets back off her cruise she'll be heading round to Lisa's to tell her how to pick up on the nuances in her family's behaviour.

In the meantime, I'm happy to pass on the idea of Marlon butting in with his own 'sensitive' approach, and put his lack of interest/concern down to him still pining over Laurel.

I agree- what's even worse is that last month when Zak went missing and didn't come home or to Sarah's party Lisa was frantic with worry about him- suddenly she doesn't seem to care- and Lisa was always pretty perceptive- after the rape and the Cain drama- it is obvious Zak is unwell- it's not even subtle- are we suppsoed to believe she wouldn't be extremely worried at this point
    But you missed Cain quoting shakespeare :D

Funnily enough - I got that impression too
    Sheepie- what are you doing to me- I'd almost be tempted to watch for that alone:D
    Didn't miss much Wildie!

Lisa soooo needs a slap. Accused Jai with no proof, proved to be wrong. Now accusing Zak with no proof. Where has sensible nice Lisa gone?

Can Adam stow away in Aaron's bags when he leaves?

Ashley gets no sympathy from me. However understandable it may be that he gets frustrated with his increasingly doddery father, i'd never have treated my dad like that and to 'coerce' Gabby into seeing things his way...well done, vicar. Real proud parental moment there.

Given how many characters have gone through inexplicable changes of character lately, maybe it's a good job Betty hasn't been seen at all this year, otherwise SB would have had her selling Smack to Holly, murdering all the animals in the village, before hijacking a passing JCB and trashing the graveyard!

Betty 2.0 would do all those things- it would be completely within character- it would be all there in the writing:cool:
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    I know Ashley is supposed to be the one undergoing a major personality transplant, but Laurel's reaction to a wet floor was equally as OTT.You'd think he'd slopped all the cans of paint all over floor for goodness sake, instead of a bit of water.This is the couple who courageously dealt with a cot death - now they go ape shit banana's over a wet floor

Both Lisa and Laurel are doing my head in with their ignorance of their husbands behaviour .It just doesn't ring true with their characters either.

Lisa and Laurel used to be two of my favourite characters
    There once was a woman called Laurel,
    Who with her husband did quarrel,
    She fell for a drip,
    Who luckily did not strip,
    Now hubby's gone all immoral

:D:D:D
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo. I made post 3000!

LOL, I thought you meant you had done 3000 posts and couldn't understand why it only shows 694 against your name. Thought my computer was playing up. Finally the penny dropped. :D
  • AidaAida Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    France is the best option because there is no extradition treaty between France and the UK. France is to UK thugs what Argentina was to Nazi German officers, a save haven :rolleyes:. Also there are no newpapers in France, so journalists wouldn't be interested in the private life of the first openly gay professional rugby player...:rolleyes:
    Thank you, MissLola for the first screaming with laughter moment of the morning! You owe me for a new keyboard and computer screen as mine are spattered with coffee! :D
    tinkie wrote: »
    If somebody had left me to die in a burning garage, I would do more than threaten him and I am not a violent person
    Me too, Tinkles - in fact, I'd have been gasping out the perpetrator's name as the paramedics were giving me oxygen!
    Didn't miss much Wildie!

Lisa soooo needs a slap. Accused Jai with no proof, proved to be wrong. Now accusing Zak with no proof. Where has sensible nice Lisa gone?

Can Adam stow away in Aaron's bags when he leaves?

Ashley gets no sympathy from me. However understandable it may be that he gets frustrated with his increasingly doddery father, i'd never have treated my dad like that and to 'coerce' Gabby into seeing things his way...well done, vicar. Real proud parental moment there.

Given how many characters have gone through inexplicable changes of character lately, maybe it's a good job Betty hasn't been seen at all this year, otherwise SB would have had her selling Smack to Holly, murdering all the animals in the village, before hijacking a passing JCB and trashing the graveyard!

Well, I've got to try to defend Lisa because she's been one of my favourite characters since she arrived in Emmerdale - but the way she's written nowadays, it's difficult. However, it did take a considerable time before my sister and I realised quite how 'strange' our mother was becoming, and we're both qualified nurses! It was actually my stepbrother, who we don't see very often, who asked me at a family gathering if she was 'all right'! :o

Once our suspicions had been raised, it was a different matter - and we got professional help for her at once.

Incidentally, over the two years in which she deteriorated to the point where she was a danger to herself and others and required admission to a secure EMI home, she was an absolute nightmare - but not one of us ever resorted to violence or cruelty toward her, even though there were times when I felt so much like strangling her, I had to leave the room and 'deep-breathe' until my anger subsided.

I accept that this experience is personal to me, but having said that, I won't ever be able to forgive the fictional character 'Ashley' or the writers for this horrible storyline - which, despite being too stupid to understand the nuances, I still think is exactly the viewer-reaction Blackburn intended in order to pave the way for the pursuance of the 'so, so,so romantic' liaison of Laurel and Moron which, along with the Scruffy Spencers, is so dear to his heart!
    Given the state the show is in at the mo, i'd be happy to see the headline 'Stuart Blackburn quits/sacked by Emmerdale' even if it was immediately followed by 'Replacement is Mr Blobby'.
    Woo hoo. I made post 3000!
    Oh, Lord - and there was I trying to be serious! If MissLola caused the inhalation and rapid exhalation of breakfast coffee, the 'Mr Blobby' crack caused such wild laughter I had to resort to Ventolin to soothe the burst of coughing which followed the mirth! Bravo, Bantam - and congratulations on making post 3000 - every one a gem! :D
    jude007 wrote: »
    Well the nose dive in quality as happen.

I know that no matter what I say, you will defend Emmerdale to the hilt and that is ok.

Just remember you should be able to see the good and the bad to appreciate something

And the 'nuances', Jude - don't forget the nuances which many of us are too stupid to understand.

I was so focused on worrying about not understanding the nuances and wondering if I ought to return my academic qualifications to the institutions which awarded them, I almost missed the explosion of fun, analysis and literary excellence which made up yesterday's posts - thanks for a great and illuminating read, everyone! :D
  • AidaAida Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    LOL, I thought you meant you had done 3000 posts and couldn't understand why it only shows 694 against your name. Thought my computer was playing up. Finally the penny dropped. :D

D'Oh! So did I think it was three thousand! :o

It must have been a nuance! ;)
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really this thread should have its named changed to the "I hate Stuart Blackburn Club - no likers allowed" (Think of the little rascals signhttp://mamaliberty.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/heman.jpg?w=614 )

Give the man a break he must be doing something right (not everything) to have gotten the job in the first place. If you read this thread you would think him the devil incarnate and I am sure some of you will only pick that out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aida wrote: »
    D'Oh! So did I think it was three thousand! :o

It must have been a nuance!
    ;)

I just love the new buzz word, it makes me feel all posh, it has a certain ring to it. OK I know it is just trying to tell us that we are all stupid but what the heck, I am going to slip it into every day jargon and see how my friends and family react, he he
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Really this thread should have its named changed to the "I hate Stuart Blackburn Club - no likers allowed" (Think of the little rascals signhttp://mamaliberty.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/heman.jpg?w=614 )

Give the man a break he must be doing something right (not everything) to have gotten the job in the first place. If you read this thread you would think him the devil incarnate and I am sure some of you will only pick that out.

I don't hate anybody- let alone a TV producer:confused:

I am not happy with a lot of the creative decisions he's taken and the direction the show is headed

In any interview I've read he seems to tell that audience what they are supposed to like or dislike- he'd be better assessing how storylines are actually being received :(
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course we love Emmerdale, which is why most of us on here are still watching it, and on the Daily ep thread, we often remark on good scenes. We also rip the pi$$ out of the bad ones, of which there are many. Just a day in the life of any soap. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Of course we love Emmerdale, which is why most of us on here are still watching it, and on the Daily ep thread, we often remark on good scenes. We also rip the pi$$ out of the bad ones, of which there are many. Just a day in the life of any soap. :)

If I hated a show I'd just stop watching it :) I used to sort of watch EE and H&A- gave up- gave up on Lost, gave up on Glee

As a long term soap fan I'm frustrated by ED at the moment- I do think characters could be let be happier at times but I still see the positives and I see no harm in taking the pi$$ out of some of the bad ones

Might as well have a laugh:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I just love the new buzz word, it makes me feel all posh, it has a certain ring to it. OK I know it is just trying to tell us that we are all stupid but what the heck, I am going to slip it into every day jargon and see how my friends and family react, he he

i used to work in immigration, I was talking to a girl and someone came up and asked us what we were talking about and she said " We were discussing the nuances of the British Nationality Act 1981" we were not of course, but I remember it as a great word. This girl looked totally puzzled as she obviously didn't know the word.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can the bradford city fan write a rhyme for cain please?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - well I don't want to spoil it Lotty but I think
    Aaron does fall on his sword and confess to lighting the fire even though I think he was in the pub at the time and has an alibi- he is charged and is due in court in early April but goes missing the day it's before the court and he legs it before he can be convicted
    And you thought the story was daft so far

Thanks for that Wildy, not spoilt at all as I'm not adverse to a good spoiler. But that is ANYTHING but a good spoiler! OMG what a pile of crap! Why would he do that? I've racked my brains for something else to say but I'm stumped - all I can say is LOL!!!!
    C'mon Lotty- how could Adumb have know that dousing the grarage with petrol and locking Cain in would be dangerous- he was only trying to frighten him and after he drove home and thought about it he came back- where was the harm:confused:

And it's not like Adam would ever have known of anyone who died in a fire in Emmerdale so really how could Adumb have understood the consequences- poor little lamb.

I know. Could happen to any of us couldn't it? Tonight I myself might douse MrL in petrol and threaten to set fire to him - oh what fun we'll have! What a lark! I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I hang my head in shame, I should have been more understanding.

;)
    MissLola wrote: »
    France is the best option because there is no extradition treaty between France and the UK. France is to UK thugs what Argentina was to Nazi German officers, a save haven :rolleyes:. Also there are no newpapers in France, so journalists wouldn't be interested in the private life of the first openly gay professional rugby player...:rolleyes:

LOL, LOL and extra LOL's on top!
    i know adam shouldn't have started that fire but cain threatening to harm him when he's done worse things is not on

maybe adam should have left cain to burn to a crisp:p

So you're not Cain's biggest fan then eh dobby? :D
    If somebody had left me to die in a burning garage, I would do more than threaten him and I am not a violent person

Got to say this would be MY reaction too! I'd be tempted to bury him up to his neck and use his head a football! :o

I like Gennie, she's normal and God knows we need more normal characters and less OTT ones with huge problems or strange bouts of 'Not Noticing What's Under Their Nose' syndrome. She's only a background character because the PTB have made her one - a bad decision IMO as I think the actress shines when she's given the right material. They should have her on screen more, be a nice change from Debbie's miserable mug. And let's face it, Chas could do with a rest! I like her but she's been way overused this year.

IMO the quality has taken a nose dive. Even the big stunts which used to be fairly watchable and even had me on the edge of my seat at times are quite woeful now. John's exit was ruined for me with the sight of Moira's '80's rock chick wild half upside down hair! Why did they do this when they could have easily had her wearing her hair up? Or even have her in a hat, it was winter at the end of the day. As MrL said it 'spoiled the ship for a ha'porth of tar'.

And the fire last week? Appalling! I wish soaps (and I'm including them all in this) would remember that petrol fumes are flammable! It doesn't have to touch the liquid just come into contact with the fumes and BANG! They all go up. But even if you let that go, the 'Cain Cam' special effect was dreadful (I've seen better special effects on Dr Who from the '70's!) and it WAS very good of the fire to stay in a nice polite circle around him and not try to burn him to a crisp. I do like a fire that behaves itself ;)
    Tonight's episode, funniest line goes to Chas, Adumb is a big lad. Adumb trying to act, Ed. another one who can't act, stalking Aaron and the way OTT reaction to some water spilt on a tiled floor, Gabby's paint would surely be easily washable. I still don't know why Aaron is so concerned about Adumb and threatening Cain, such a turn around, I know, I am being stupid and haven't seen the nuance.

That was so OTT it was ridiculous. It made me want to slap Laurel as the more she went on squawking the more we knew what the consequences were going to be for Sandy :( Would the old Laurel have over reacted in this way? To a bit of water? Which Sandy to give him his due did try and mop up?
    I'm definitely guilty of not noticing the nuances - and since Betty Eagleton seems to have done one, there's no-one to spell them out for me in words of one syllable - but didn't Aaron hot foot it back from the posh garage in Birmingham before even completing the course after another bout of his very selective loyalty - this time towards Cain, who had just been attacked?

He did come back didn't he? I'd forgotten about that. That was when he was incandescent with rage at someone clobbering Cain yet seems to be strangely unaffected now that someone tried to burn him alive. Dontcha just lurve consistency?

With regards to Betty Eagleton she/he did make some good points but unfortunately they were lost in the sanctimonious, talking down tone of the post. I take it they were trying to copy Betty's on screen way of talking but it really doesn't translate very well on to a faceless forum.
    Yep Lisa's always been written as a very perceptive person and a bit of a mother hen who would pick up on it fairly quickly whenever there was something wrong with one of her 'brood' (hubby included). Plus, after years of living with Shadrach, I'm sure everyone in that house could see an alcoholic coming from a mile off. But the worst thing is Lisa knows that Zak was Cain's attacker and apparently she hasn't yet linked that with his current behaviour. Maybe if Lisa didn't know about the attack her attitude right now would be a bit more acceptable. As it is, I feel as though they're undermining the closeness we saw between Zak and Lisa in the aftermath of Lisa's rape. A lot of the Dingles - Zak, Belle, Sam and Debbie (pre this awful Sarah plot) - picked up on the fact that something wasn't right with Lisa immediately after the rape. Yet they've all (bar Sammie) been wandering around oblivious to Zak's much more obvious distress (too obvious IMO).

I agree with all of that particularly what I bolded.

She's never been the same since she started work in that factory. It's really brought out her inner bitch.

Horrendous to watch. They are turning Ashley into a devil in a dog collar. I know that him and Sandy have never had a great relationship but would stress at what's Laurel's done really lead to him bullying and attacking his own father? Strange, never had Ashley down as a bully before now. He's had huge problems in the past but has usually faced them head on not offloaded them onto someone else. Is this a realistic character progression? Not to me.

LOL!
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    I know Ashley is supposed to be the one undergoing a major personality transplant, but Laurel's reaction to a wet floor was equally as OTT.You'd think he'd slopped all the cans of paint all over floor for goodness sake, instead of a bit of water.This is the couple who courageously dealt with a cot death - now they go ape shit banana's over a wet floor.

Both Lisa and Laurel are doing my head in with their ignorance of their husbands behaviour .It just doesn't ring true with their characters either.

Well said.
    No show should be overly reliant on four of five characters like Debbie, Chas, Aaron, Amy, Cain

This is a huge problem for Emmerdale they need to write for all the characters- viewers will like and relate to different characters

Spot on. This is ED's most pressing problem IMO too. If you're not a fan of Chas this year will have been torturous! Hopefully when Aaron finally gets on his way the character will be rested for a while. It's strange but since she's been put in the pub they seem to think that she should appear in almost every scene that happens in that pub - yet the same yardstick never seemed to apply to Diane.
    Aida wrote: »
    Well, I've got to try to defend Lisa because she's been one of my favourite characters since she arrived in Emmerdale - but the way she's written nowadays, it's difficult. However, it did take a considerable time before my sister and I realised quite how 'strange' our mother was becoming, and we're both qualified nurses! It was actually my stepbrother, who we don't see very often, who asked me at a family gathering if she was 'all right'! :o

Once our suspicions had been raised, it was a different matter - and we got professional help for her at once.

Incidentally, over the two years in which she deteriorated to the point where she was a danger to herself and others and required admission to a secure EMI home, she was an absolute nightmare - but not one of us ever resorted to violence or cruelty toward her, even though there were times when I felt so much like strangling her, I had to leave the room and 'deep-breathe' until my anger subsided.

I accept that this experience is personal to me, but having said that, I won't ever be able to forgive the fictional character 'Ashley' or the writers for this horrible storyline - which, despite being too stupid to understand the nuances, I still think is exactly the viewer-reaction Blackburn intended in order to pave the way for the pursuance of the 'so, so,so romantic' liaison of Laurel and Moron which, along with the Scruffy Spencers, is so dear to his heart!

Brilliantly summed up Aida. A post that has touched my heart because my Grandma went very like your mum - from a lovely, placid, very funny Irishwoman who hadn't just kissed the blarney stone but snogged it into submission, to a gorgon of a woman who lashed out, angered very easily and had to be in secure accommodation because of this and her wandering, usually down the middle of a road! We often had her out, and quite often for days at a time at Xmas, her birthday etc but we never resorted to violence. EVER. And by God we were tested. I know there are people who do and they come from all walks of life but I just don't buy that Ashley would be one of those people.

John Middleton is playing a blinder and for a character that was so put on the backburner that I wondered if he'd gone part time, he must be enjoying getting his teeth into a gritty storyline but I can't help wondering if, like you say, the character will be irretrievably damaged, a bit like Andy? How many of us have forgotten that he was a wife beater?

And time will tell whether Laurel and Marlon get together but I know my money's on a reconciliation between them when she realises how horrible Ashley has been to his dad and says he's not the same man she married! (and I'll be saying "you're telling me he's not!")

I certainly don't hate the man. In fact what I've seen of him on This Morning etc he seems like a nice enough fellow, quite cheery in fact. But that doesn't mean to say that I think he's doing a good job at ED. Apart from anything else he seems to have his favourites and is overusing them. It would be nice to see more of the characters that have been relegated to the background.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Wildy, not spoilt at all as I'm not adverse to a good spoiler. But that is ANYTHING but a good spoiler! OMG what a pile of crap! Why would he do that? I've racked my brains for something else to say but I'm stumped - all I can say is LOL!!!!

I know. Could happen to any of us couldn't it? Tonight I myself might douse MrL in petrol and threaten to set fire to him - oh what fun we'll have! What a lark! I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I hang my head in shame, I should have been more understanding.

;)

LOL, LOL and extra LOL's on top!

So you're not Cain's biggest fan then eh dobby? :D

Got to say this would be MY reaction too! I'd be tempted to bury him up to his neck and use his head a football! :o

I like Gennie, she's normal and God knows we need more normal characters and less OTT ones with huge problems or strange bouts of 'Not Noticing What's Under Their Nose' syndrome. She's only a background character because the PTB have made her one - a bad decision IMO as I think the actress shines when she's given the right material. They should have her on screen more, be a nice change from Debbie's miserable mug. And let's face it, Chas could do with a rest! I like her but she's been way overused this year.

IMO the quality has taken a nose dive. Even the big stunts which used to be fairly watchable and even had me on the edge of my seat at times are quite woeful now. John's exit was ruined for me with the sight of Moira's '80's rock chick wild half upside down hair! Why did they do this when they could have easily had her wearing her hair up? Or even have her in a hat, it was winter at the end of the day. As MrL said it 'spoiled the ship for a ha'porth of tar'.

And the fire last week? Appalling! I wish soaps (and I'm including them all in this) would remember that petrol fumes are flammable! It doesn't have to touch the liquid just come into contact with the fumes and BANG! They all go up. But even if you let that go, the 'Cain Cam' special effect was dreadful (I've seen better special effects on Dr Who from the '70's!) and it WAS very good of the fire to stay in a nice polite circle around him and not try to burn him to a crisp. I do like a fire that behaves itself ;)

That was so OTT it was ridiculous. It made me want to slap Laurel as the more she went on squawking the more we knew what the consequences were going to be for Sandy :( Would the old Laurel have over reacted in this way? To a bit of water? Which Sandy to give him his due did try and mop up?

He did come back didn't he? I'd forgotten about that. That was when he was incandescent with rage at someone clobbering Cain yet seems to be strangely unaffected now that someone tried to burn him alive. Dontcha just lurve consistency?

With regards to Betty Eagleton she/he did make some good points but unfortunately they were lost in the sanctimonious, talking down tone of the post. I take it they were trying to copy Betty's on screen way of talking but it really doesn't translate very well on to a faceless forum.

I agree with all of that particularly what I bolded.

She's never been the same since she started work in that factory. It's really brought out her inner bitch.

Horrendous to watch. They are turning Ashley into a devil in a dog collar. I know that him and Sandy have never had a great relationship but would stress at what's Laurel's done really lead to him bullying and attacking his own father? Strange, never had Ashley down as a bully before now. He's had huge problems in the past but has usually faced them head on not offloaded them onto someone else. Is this a realistic character progression? Not to me.

LOL!

Well said.

Spot on. This is ED's most pressing problem IMO too. If you're not a fan of Chas this year will have been torturous! Hopefully when Aaron finally gets on his way the character will be rested for a while. It's strange but since she's been put in the pub they seem to think that she should appear in almost every scene that happens in that pub - yet the same yardstick never seemed to apply to Diane.

Brilliantly summed up Aida. A post that has touched my heart because my Grandma went very like your mum - from a lovely, placid, very funny Irishwoman who hadn't just kissed the blarney stone but snogged it into submission, to a gorgon of a woman who lashed out, angered very easily and had to be in secure accommodation because of this and her wandering, usually down the middle of a road! We often had her out, and quite often for days at a time at Xmas, her birthday etc but we never resorted to violence. EVER. And by God we were tested. I know there are people who do and they come from all walks of life but I just don't buy that Ashley would be one of those people.

John Middleton is playing a blinder and for a character that was so put on the backburner that I wondered if he'd gone part time, he must be enjoying getting his teeth into a gritty storyline but I can't help wondering if, like you say, the character will be irretrievably damaged, a bit like Andy? How many of us have forgotten that he was a wife beater?

And time will tell whether Laurel and Marlon get together but I know my money's on a reconciliation between them when she realises how horrible Ashley has been to his dad and says he's not the same man she married! (and I'll be saying "you're telling me he's not!")

I certainly don't hate the man. In fact what I've seen of him on This Morning etc he seems like a nice enough fellow, quite cheery in fact. But that doesn't mean to say that I think he's doing a good job at ED. Apart from anything else he seems to have his favourites and is overusing them. It would be nice to see more of the characters that have been relegated to the background.
    i don't mind cain if he's saying something funny but 99% of the time he is very unpleasant to everyone:(
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There once was a scumbag called Cain,
    Who was battered down a quiet country lane,
    He was attacked by his dad,
    For being very horrid and bad,
    And now he only has a quarter of his brain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What can I say about tonight's episode as well as Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Can't that bad acting, stalking, boring Ed take a hint, leave it FGS you have only known each other for 5 mins. I am so fed up with these depressing episodes especially when the only light hearted moment was Nicola flirting with ratboy, well that I can remember and to top it all I have next weeks spoilers from What's on TV
    Well we all know Aaron takes the blame for Adumb and leaves on Thurs, pointless really, as there is no one to protect Adumb, so Cain can exact revenge whenever he wants. Yes please, when you are ready Cain . Yes we find out that Ali can't read, whoever would have thought that, :yawn: no one around her hasn't sussed this out before, so Sean teaches her. Finally the Chas & Cameron fling starts spilling over into the next week. Keep the excitement down please
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we all know Aaron takes the blame for Adumb and leaves on Thurs, pointless really, as there is no one to protect Adumb, so Cain can exact revenge whenever he wants. Yes please, when you are ready Cain . Yes we find out that Ali can't read, whoever would have thought that, :yawn: no one around her hasn't sussed this out before, so Sean teaches her. Finally the Chas & Cameron fling starts spilling over into the next week. Keep the excitement down please

good because
    Adam needs and deserved a good beating, Sean doesn't teach Ali as she won't let him
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 5)
This discussion has been closed.