Options

Under the Dome - Season 2 - UK Pace

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up on the finale. It................was..................AWESOME!!!! :p:D:p

The guy getting trapped under his tractor and then electrocuted when lightning hit it! Pure genius!
    And then it just got better, Big Jim going proper nutter and killing everyone in sight.

Rebecca, what was she thinking? lol Sam and Jim didn't even know Pauline had been drugged, yet she hangs around Jim, who she knows is a psycho waving the needle she just used to kill Pauline with. She had a window of about 10 minutes to leave the room, here I was thinking science teachers were supposed to be intelligent. Jim was right, she wont be missed.

Also, how slow is Junior? He shoots Jim in the shoulder (instead of killing him for some reason), sprints off back to the hole, Jim has already been stabbed in the foot and shuffles at the pace of a snail after him and yet he's never further than about 20 feet from Junior at any time. lmao

For pure entertainment I loved this episode, I'm struggling how they can keep Jim in the show next season though. He was already a serial killer by the start of season 2 now everyone will know he murdered Lyle, the Doc and Andrea, there's literally no chance of retribution for him after his rampage. That said Sam is a murderer too and everyone seems to have forgotten that.

And why was Melanie wet?
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,877
    Forum Member
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Just caught up on the finale. It................was..................AWESOME!!!! :p:D:p

The guy getting trapped under his tractor and then electrocuted when lightning hit it! Pure genius!
    And then it just got better, Big Jim going proper nutter and killing everyone in sight.

Rebecca, what was she thinking? lol Sam and Jim didn't even know Pauline had been drugged, yet she hangs around Jim, who she knows is a psycho waving the needle she just used to kill Pauline with. She had a window of about 10 minutes to leave the room, here I was thinking science teachers were supposed to be intelligent. Jim was right, she wont be missed.

Also, how slow is Junior? He shoots Jim in the shoulder (instead of killing him for some reason), sprints off back to the hole, Jim has already been stabbed in the foot and shuffles at the pace of a snail after him and yet he's never further than about 20 feet from Junior at any time. lmao

For pure entertainment I loved this episode, I'm struggling how they can keep Jim in the show next season though. He was already a serial killer by the start of season 2 now everyone will know he murdered Lyle, the Doc and Andrea, there's literally no chance of retribution for him after his rampage. That said Sam is a murderer too and everyone seems to have forgotten that.

And why was Melanie wet?

Who was the guy who got electrocuted, do we know? Has he or his son featured before? And any idea what this brief scene was all about? I wondered if something else was cut from the episode that would have justified showing it.

Also, I don't think a Series 3 has been commissioned yet, has it? Such a shame if that was the final episode of UTD ever.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    AKFE wrote: »
    Who was the guy who got electrocuted, do we know? Has he or his son featured before? And any idea what this brief scene was all about? I wondered if something else was cut from the episode that would have justified showing it.

Also, I don't think a Series 3 has been commissioned yet, has it? Such a shame if that was the final episode of UTD ever.

I think I read it had been commissioned.

I'm guessing wherever Melanie was, she came back through the lake, like Barbie et al did before.

I think they're heading for a spaceship...maybe hidden in the lake.

And Sam is a good guy - I'm supposing they're making allowances for the fact that if this happened in real life, people would behave irrationally. I know murder is a bit more than irrational, but he really believed that they were all going to die if the four kids weren't disposed of. Maybe that makes it somehow forgiveable.

It wouldn't in reality - but this is as far removed from reality as it gets!
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    I was thinking that if the opening takes them all out of the dome, there will only be Jim, Julia and Junior left for the next season, but then I realised the dome can resurrect people from the dead, so we could have back any of the characters who have been killed off since the series started, or they could just bring in a load of new characters and say they died 25 years ago or whatever!

But more likely Melanie's "we're going home!" means "back into Chester's Mill".

I think the writers can do anything they want :D

Logically the townsfolk aren't all going to get out from under the dome wherever the tunnel leads to but then the dome has been controlling things for 25 years at least and not just events inside the area covered by the dome but away from that area too as otherwise, the likes of Barbie and Norrie wouldn't have happened to be passing through Chester's Mill when the dome came down. It'll let out those it wants (e.g. not Julia) and let back in those it wants.... the wishes or plans of the characters don't come into it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think we'd seen them before but presumably the kid will become important in the future otherwise it was entirely pointless.

Yes it's been recommissioned. The C5 voiceover at the end of the final ep also said it will be back next year, so at least that indicates that they've bought the UK rights again. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking that if the opening takes them all out of the dome, there will only be Jim, Julia and Junior left for the next season, but then I realised the dome can resurrect people from the dead, so we could have back any of the characters who have been killed off since the series started, or they could just bring in a load of new characters and say they died 25 years ago or whatever!

Don't worry, I reckon Barbie, the kids and the rest of the townspeople will escape the dome only to appear in new dome right next to the old one. Julia and Barbie can write love poems to each at the walls and mouth "I can believe it's only been two weeks since you murdered my husband and we fell in love!" :D:p

I thought he might have been the guy they went and spoke to when they were trying to find out who had tried to kill Jim and ended with a big list of people. Anyway, I think that scene was just to show how unpredictable the weather had become. Not that we needed a reminder, wasn't it snowing last week?
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,877
    Forum Member
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    I don't think we'd seen them before but presumably the kid will become important in the future otherwise it was entirely pointless.

Yes it's been recommissioned. The C5 voiceover at the end of the final ep also said it will be back next year, so at least that indicates that they've bought the UK rights again. :)

I did think the boy might have a role to play, hence my surprise when he didn't in that episode. If they are definitely making a third series, maybe he will then. Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think the boy might have a role to play, hence my surprise when he didn't in that episode. If they are definitely making a third series, maybe he will then. Thanks.

Definitely a third. Plenty of articles online that indicate the Exec Producer wants to do five :o
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I'm guessing wherever Melanie was, she came back through the lake,
    Indeed, she perchance soon to be described as the lady thereof henceforth, innit.
    She'll be giving Barbie a sword next, just you wait!
    I think the writers can do anything they want :D
    Let's face it, that's been a completely winning formula :) and another few serieseses would definitely be welcome.
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »

And Sam is a good guy - I'm supposing they're making allowances for the fact that if this happened in real life, people would behave irrationally. I know murder is a bit more than irrational, but he really believed that they were all going to die if the four kids weren't disposed of. Maybe that makes it somehow forgiveable.

It wouldn't in reality - but this is as far removed from reality as it gets!

The only thing is, Sam supposedly killed Angie to save them all from the dome, didn't he? But then when he managed to escape from the dome, he wasn't bothered about getting a message to the people still inside telling them how to get out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe he said he was a former EMT (emergency medical technician) but that he lost that job because he was an alcoholic.

I find it very annoying that we are apparently supposed to have forgotten that he murdered Angie, though. Now he seems to be a good guy.

But more likely Melanie's "we're going home!" means "back into Chester's Mill".

We shouldn't forget as well that it was a particularly horrible murder. Not like most of the murders we've seen on the show where someone got shot. He murdered the pretty and popular Angie with an Axe! It was as brutal as can be, he didn't even catch her by surprise because she had time to struggle and scratch him. Anyone who can do that, no matter for what reason, by default isn't a good guy. Only Big Jim's "hammertime" compares in nastiness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    We shouldn't forget as well that it was a particularly horrible murder. Not like most of the murders we've seen on the show where someone got shot. He murdered the pretty and popular Angie with an Axe! It was as brutal as can be, he didn't even catch her by surprise because she had time to struggle and scratch him. Anyone who can do that, no matter for what reason, by default isn't a good guy. Only Big Jim's "hammertime" compares in nastiness.

Ah, but is she really murdered? Or is she living in Zenith in 2038? :D
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, but is she really murdered? Or is she living in Zenith in 2038? :D
    pretty sure that is the spin-off
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing is, Sam supposedly killed Angie to save them all from the dome, didn't he? But then when he managed to escape from the dome, he wasn't bothered about getting a message to the people still inside telling them how to get out.
    To be fair, he didn't have the wherewithal. The military had it sealed up, and he didn't have the contacts to get past them. Even Barbie found it hard, and only managed it for a few seconds.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Indeed, she perchance soon to be described as the lady thereof henceforth, innit.
    She'll be giving Barbie a sword next, just you wait!

It's no basis for a system of government though, is it?
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    It's no basis for a system of government though, is it?
    :D

Though to follow from that the big decision needs to be whether the Egg is of the status of the subject of some particular quest which must not be named, or if it should be considered a separate but nonetheless equally unique item whose count shall be three.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's me had enough. What started off well and looked as if it was going to be a decent little sci-fi series with a proper story and end has descended into farce and make it up as you go along nonsense. Even the so bad it's good angle can't save it.

A quick check of the book's summary to find out where the dome came from and how it ends has satisfied my curiosity. I really don't care what the writers come up with in this show to explain everything. I'm now joining the millions of other viewers that have turned it off.