"Z Nation" - Syfy Orders New Zombie Series

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Yup, this latest ep was a definite winner :)

(other great bits - when he had his finger in the zombie's mouth and pulled it out saying "that's enough of that")

Yes that was haunting yet funnily scarely erotic
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna say it....

This show keeps getting better, at least for me. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I love the fact that the characters are getting killed off and not surviving everything. I liked him as a character, but I think his death was another step in the right direction for the show.

Also...I love Murphy. xD
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re: 10K - did he count the bodyless kill as one for his 10K total ? I heard him say a number when the head carrier snuffed it, but wasn't sure if he did so when offing the head. :confused:
    Yes that was haunting yet funnily scarely erotic
    :p
  • GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Just caught up. Actualyl really enjoying this showe. Its not the Walking Dead nor does it want to be. Its clear it doersnt take itself too serious and is a perfect vehicle for what we all want to see more - zombie kills etc.

Writing still leaves a lot to be desired, and there are plot holes galore, but this show is just a fun weekly ride. They could still produce a fun ride each week whilst also tightening up the writing a tad.

Quite surprised they killed off a main character. Whilst good, it was disappointing that they tried to make his death more important by rushing a sex / love plot and cramming most of it into one episode when they could have easily done this over a number of episodes! Am assuming that they knew the actor was only in for a few episodes - so they could have easily planned this! Also, wonder if the actor chose to leave the show or was only contracted for 6 episodes! Seems to be his fate to forever be cast for only a handful of episodes. His last permanent stint that I recall was SouthLAnd where he starred in the first season as a regular but was later demoted to recurring for the remainder of the run, with his appearances being reduced more and more as the series progressed!

Quite liking the Murphy story and how he has a connection with zombies.

Good news too that SyFy has today confirmed they have greenlit a second season of 13 episodes for broadcast autumn 2015!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ep7 - loved those bullet ricky o'shays. :) - maybe the show has found its writing sweet spot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only episode I didn't like......seemed so much like a filler ep. Next weeks looks good though.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few rather dodgy kills by the Zombies in this one.

The guy in the toilet who got shot.

He becomes a Zombie and walks out of the Toilet and is then shot at by three or four people who all manage to miss a kill shot.

Next time we see him he's not moved from where he was but is now eating some poor sod who must have just walked up to him amid this hail of bullets. :confused:

Then the guy driving the Ice Cream truck, sees the Zombies when they are still some distance away and just basically sits there till they overrun him.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only episode I didn't like......seemed so much like a filler ep. Next weeks looks good though.

It did give us one bit of key information however. Murphy's bite stops people turning after they die.

Not sure if the fact that he left his tooth behind in the guy he bit will be significant, or if it's just the passing of body fluids that achieves this - but he clearly has curative abilities
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Not sure if the fact that he left his tooth behind in the guy he bit will be significant, or if it's just the passing of body fluids that achieves this - but he clearly has curative abilities
    He took the tooth out of the guy and put it back in his mouth :o
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    episode 5 was a slow one

episode 6 was ******* TERRIFYING!!!!!!!!!!
    holy mother of zombies, he was frikking lightning quick and that final fight was truly a massive step up in the action quota!

pity they didn't have a shark in that tornado eh :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    He took the tooth out of the guy and put it back in his mouth :o

I was half expecting the guy to turn once the tooth had been removed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm 5/10 for this weeks

Not so good for me this one. The oxygen scrubber strand was too drawn out and the resolution so obvious - it needed a bit of subtlety up front I think. I mean right from the hack attack we saw blurred vision; the detector going off; and the dog not responding. I'd like to have doubted for a while that it was an hallucination.

Murphy's storyline, much better. He's a complicated guy not quite the full sociopath maybe just the prefect survivor. I think they could have worked this strand up a bit more, had him explore more, maybe get caught up and carried by the weight of the mob.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a feeling that Murphy will soon turn even more rogue and become the zombie's leader, he will find a way to communicate with them and I can actually see him stood at the top of a lorry talking to his thousands of minions, very much in the mould of caesar in the planet of the apes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey
    the episode 7 i'm watching RIGHT NOW, some cropped it to 2.35x1, and holy crap does it work!!!

it looks terrific in widescreen, even with the syfy channel dogs onscreen!

knowing how much i want some major shows shown in wider format this is a pleasant surprise, since STRANGE EMPIRE is cropped slightly, and the hope that GAME OF THRONES is done in 2.21x1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha
    second place ..... set of steak knives!
    ALWAYS BE ZOMBING!
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found this episode an absolute shocker. The story went no where. So obviously a filler episode.
  • GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I found this episode an absolute shocker. The story went no where. So obviously a filler episode.

I agree. Same here. Ive been enjoying this but this week's episode was pointless and boring. It felt like it run for two hours too!
  • Malcolm_ReedMalcolm_Reed Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    "take them on an adventure with a diverse group of richly-drawn characters"

So basically a reluctant hero on a quest to save the world travels a dark land ravaged by orcs - sorry I mean zombies, accompanied by an elf, a dwarf and a wizard.

Hopefully they'll cast Summer Glau from the start

Summer Glau looks like Marty Feldmans twin sister.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Summer Glau looks like Marty Feldmans twin sister.
    You need to go to specsavers :)

http://www.imagebam.com/image/093936363041943
  • Malcolm_ReedMalcolm_Reed Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »

She is a little bug-eyed though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's two in a row that have let it down. I didn't mind the "groundhog day" element but if I want to watch emotional development and fleshing out of characters back stories I'll watch Walking Dead

still
    radioactive zombies
    this coming week :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, much better this week. Humour, body count, glow in the dark zombies & Murphy slipping one step closer to sympathy with the Zs. What's not to like?

If I die because you farted I'm taking you with me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week's Ep was ok. Don't see the point in introducing characters just To kill them off.

On a side note I noticed the walking dead had a zombie stampede similar to z nations zombie storm thingys
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Zombie Bear was some bad CGI :o

Speaking of which I know this show doesn't have the highest budget but you'd think they could have matched up the inside and outside of the compound a bit better.

When they opened the gate you could see inside and there was nothing but scrubland like there was outside the gate yet when we are inside the compound it's a lush green valley with a river running though it.

So maybe the valley is actually a little distance from the gate except we also get Doc being able to clamber up the rocks (without being shot by all the sentries) and he can not only see the Valley but he has a close enough view to be able to see the Zombie bear inside the barn.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murphy unlocking some super powers! XD