Watch Steve Jobs pitch giant UFO Apple campus to city council

13»

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »
    The nets are just a show, but people don't really understand the scale of the issue, foxconn alone has almost a million workers. Some are going to kill themselves regardless when you have numbers that high.

Please tell me you said all that tongue in cheek, your not really serious are you? Just a show? WOW, thats a great thing for a company to do, will earn them big brownie point. Millions of workers? not at one plant at any one time and I don't think killing yourself is common practise, do you? really?

I can't believe you believe what you wrote, I've bookmarked it for the morning, perhaps I've misread it and I'll read it again later.

You should ponder on what you wrote, think how it reads to other people, to put it bluntly its an awful response you have written. simply awful, staggering, beyond belief...I'm off to bed.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Please tell me you said all that tongue in cheek, your not really serious are you? Just a show? WOW, thats a great thing for a company to do, will earn them big brownie point. Millions of workers? not at one plant at any one time and I don't think killing yourself is common practise, do you? really?

I can't believe you believe what you wrote, I've bookmarked it for the morning, perhaps I've misread it and I'll read it again later.

You should ponder on what you wrote, think how it reads to other people, to put it bluntly its an awful response you have written. simply awful, staggering, beyond belief...I'm off to bed.

Statistics, different countries and demographics have different suicide rates, if you take a million people anywhere, some are going to kill themselves, its just how it is. Nets are just a show in that they don't really stop anyone that is determined to kill themselves, as I said they are a public show, nothing to do with any root problems.

You should learn to stop being so negatively biased in your interpretations of everything, your need to generate strawmen to beat on says more about you than anything else. I said what I said, nothing more, you filled in the gaps with what was in your head, you should ponder that.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Statistics, different countries and demographics have different suicide rates, if you take a million people anywhere, some are going to kill themselves, its just how it is.

10 workers, in one factory, in one year, is a problem, not a representative proportion of anything.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    10 workers, in one factory, in one year, is a problem, not a representative proportion of anything.

10 workers 1 factory, 1 million workers is a different picture than you are portraying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10 workers 1 factory, 1 million workers is a different picture than you are portraying.

There are 300,000 workers in the Longhua plant, not 1 million.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    There are 300,000 workers in the Longhua plant, not 1 million.

I wonder how many factories have this problem.

Apple are not as perfect as someone naively seems to believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Apple are not as perfect as someone naively seems to believe.

Blasphemy! ;)
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My further reply was removed and I had a two day ban, looks as if I upset an ' amateur de pomme'

Anyway, now we know its OK for people to kill themselves like that...its only a few foreigners after all, I'll sleep better tonight.