Options

Simon Cowell angry with Cheryl Cole.

Comments

• Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    Knowing Dannii slept with Simon I'm suprised Bower didn't consider there might be implied strings attached to the 'extremely generous' offer make by Cowell.

Bower took a pop at Sharon Osbourne dismissing her recent rants by pointing out something about adultery & drug taking.

Broadsheet reporters are above being duped. In the Louis Theroux programme that heavily featured Simon Cowell Guardian reporter Simon Hattenstone was lured in by Max Clifford to be part of one of his charades along with the local press photographers.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Dannii couldn't really sell out, because like any adults who like each other, they both decided to take it to the next level, it's two celebs dating. When the X factor came along, she didn't need to compete with Kylie, fans liked her in her own right. Tweedy was up Cowell's bum the last few seasons because she was the favourite and almost sneered at Dannii because she knew it. Women on TV maybe expected to flirt, but it doesn't mean they have to. Tweedy flirting was her occupation on the show, Dannii was a real mentor. Back when Dannii was the new girl Sharon didn't need a reason to hate her she just did, and it was obvious that Cowell was going to try it on with Dannii, look at her. She's beautiful.

Dannii's reputation is wreaked right now...I have no problem with who she sleeps with but sometimes their are consequences if you sleep with your boss. Especially an egotist with power who has now sold her out for ratings. It is Simon that is the one that is behaving badly now and because he is the man, he will get away with it. I do not believe he is uninvolved in this book, it is part of the ratings war, it takes attention off The Voice (and the man who adviced Cheryl to not take the job and who is looking very good right now). He has done it at a time when Dannii is working for him and reeling from the breakdown of a relationship, so is unlikely to respond.
    You say that Cheryl sold out, though I am not sure how other then doing what people do....The point of being a judge on The X Factor is the the women are supposed to have a sparkle, look pretty, dress up nicely and put up with Louis.
    Everyone that works with Simon Cowell is up his arse, male or female and are there to be his puppet..Then he dispanses with them as he is currently doing with Amanda, by freezing them out, making them insecure....Dannii even more so because she went to bed with him....Maybe Cheryl could feel smug because for a brief time she had his favouritism without sleeping with him and knew she never would..Maybe Simon thought she would once she broke up with Ashley Cole,
    but she is not vindictive and neither is Dannii. Despite the press, neither of them are that open to the the media beyond what is needed. And they didn't openly hate each other it was Louis that was the bitch on the panel. And Dannii and Cheryl that picked winners and did not humiliate they people they put through. I like them both, prefer them both to Tulisa and Kelly. I see no reason to like one and hate the other.
    Cheryl and Dannii are in the same business, they know the game. Neither of the lack class but have made some bad choices.....Cheryl married a footballer and Dannii went out with a racing driver, they both have singing careers, without the best voices and using their sexuality to boast their sales. They both used The X Factor to give themselves a career boast..Dannii twice called in Kylie to help her...Cheryl advertises for L'Oreal and Dannii plays yummy mummies with Myleene for M&S.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they clearly don't hate each other because Simon tweeted that he loved Cheryl's song yesterday and she replied, so I doubt either are still holding a grudge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Actually Dannii's getting a lot of press, her career's far from wrecked. X factor women do have the "pretty eye candy role" But with Tweedy, it was high maintenance no substance and a mountain of arrogance. People wouldn't have been so against that if she had vocal talent to back it up. If you call yourself a singer you've got to sing live in performances that count. Coupled with the icing out of Dannii and Wagner council-gate. Dannii focused on mentoring was honest with contestants and her sexiness doesn't define her, she just happens to look good and get jobs. With Tweedy it's all about the big hair, the fake smile, the tanning the make-up "alleged" surgery because the image is all she's got and it makes her fortune. Dannii earned her spot for years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Dannii's reputation is wreaked right now...I have no problem with who she sleeps with but sometimes their are consequences if you sleep with your boss. Especially an egotist with power who has now sold her out for ratings. It is Simon that is the one that is behaving badly now and because he is the man, he will get away with it. I do not believe he is uninvolved in this book, it is part of the ratings war, it takes attention off The Voice (and the man who adviced Cheryl to not take the job and who is looking very good right now). He has done it at a time when Dannii is working for him and reeling from the breakdown of a relationship, so is unlikely to respond.
    You say that Cheryl sold out, though I am not sure how other then doing what people do....The point of being a judge on The X Factor is the the women are supposed to have a sparkle, look pretty, dress up nicely and put up with Louis.
    Everyone that works with Simon Cowell is up his arse, male or female and are there to be his puppet..Then he dispanses with them as he is currently doing with Amanda, by freezing them out, making them insecure....Dannii even more so because she went to bed with him....Maybe Cheryl could feel smug because for a brief time she had his favouritism without sleeping with him and knew she never would..Maybe Simon thought she would once she broke up with Ashley Cole,
    but she is not vindictive and neither is Dannii. Despite the press, neither of them are that open to the the media beyond what is needed. And they didn't openly hate each other it was Louis that was the bitch on the panel. And Dannii and Cheryl that picked winners and did not humiliate they people they put through. I like them both, prefer them both to Tulisa and Kelly. I see no reason to like one and hate the other.
    Cheryl and Dannii are in the same business, they know the game. Neither of the lack class but have made some bad choices.....Cheryl married a footballer and Dannii went out with a racing driver, they both have singing careers, without the best voices and using their sexuality to boast their sales. They both used The X Factor to give themselves a career boast..Dannii twice called in Kylie to help her...Cheryl advertises for L'Oreal and Dannii plays yummy mummies with Myleene for M&S.

thats a really good post.
    And agree they are better judges than Tulisa and Kelly thats something people need to remeber.Yet again we have Tulisa going on about that bloody Leaked tape it speaks volumes with new music coming out all she can speak about is that footage.

Xfactor is worse off not having them there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that two adults that fancied each other, and decided to act on it was an offense. Also male and female celebs can be slappers without sleeping around. It's how they conduct themselves and Dannii has more class than Cowell and sharon put together. [Even though I like Sharon]

Lets see how good your reputation is if you sleep with your boss to secure your job.....In some companies it is a sackable offense.....Dannii does have more class than Cowell and anyone has more class than Sharon..but Dannii is not better or worse than Cheryl when it comes to class, unless you define that purely on social class... They were both caught in Simon's game, both used and Cheryl was the one that had the sense to get out without being ruined by him. Imagine the hatred on her if she had slept with him, she would never, ever recover from that... When she married Ashley she was famous in her own right and only 23, it didn't boast the sales of Girls Aloud singles and albums, I don't think people went to the gigs because they were Chelsea fans....She would still be married to him if he had not cheated...Derek Hough may have been a fling, may have been the relationship she needed to heal herself that was never serious... Will.I.Am is a very good move by her and he makes both Simon and Louis look crap, out of date and their show look tacky.
    Dannii has been in the game longer and I doubt it is the first time she has slept with someone to boast her career, like her sister she has been a power dater in the past...That doesn't make her less classy, she is just someone in show business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    I think Dannii will always have more class. She's not the first woman to be attracted to Cowell or the last. Tweedy didn't "get out" she was rejected by the American version and the story was leaked. Tweedy and Cowell both used each other. Tweedy assumed she'd be on the American panel make money over there and take over the charts. Derek's popular on DWTS...I can see Tweedy using that to her advantage. Will.i.am fancies her and makes it obvious, he's worked with the greats and Tweedy's has a high opinion of her own talent. It's just a case of using high profile people to get to the top by whatever means. Dannii more realistic about what she wants in her life. Maybe she's more humble or mature who knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Dannii's getting a lot of press, her career's far from wrecked. X factor women do have the "pretty eye candy role" But with Tweedy, it was high maintenance no substance and a mountain of arrogance. People wouldn't have been so against that if she had vocal talent to back it up. If you call yourself a singer you've got to sing live in performances that count. Coupled with the icing out of Dannii and Wagner council-gate. Dannii focused on mentoring was honest with contestants and her sexiness doesn't define her, she just happens to look good and get jobs. With Tweedy it's all about the big hair, the fake smile, the tanning the make-up "alleged" surgery because the image is all she's got and it makes her fortune. Dannii earned her spot for years.

Dannii doesn't have a great voice either and isn't great live...I don't loathe Dannii, I have no issue with her and I liked her as a judge. I think it is utterly ridiculous to hold her up as better and classier than her. And BTW Dannii has had lots of surgery and botox, and she did have big hair in the 80s.And she was a terrible actress in Home And Away too. She has used her looks and sexuality, people buy her music because she is sexy, not because she is great singer/songwriter. And nobody has used sexuality to sell records more than Kylie, does that make her less classy than Dannii or Cheryl? Cheryl did sing live on The X Factor with Girls Aloud twice (once before she was on the panel), she and girls also did an entire Girls Aloud show, which was put out on ITV and did Jonathan Ross live too. The most high maintance people on The X Factor are Louis and Simon.. Cheryl looks far, far better without the hair extensions, I would love her to abandon them, she didn't have them with Girls Aloud.
    Teeth seem to be only acceptable if they look perfect now and tanning seems to be a requirement too...unless you are Nicola and use pale as your image...plus Cheryl has darker tones to her skin, her mother has a dark complexion too, she never looks orange unlike Simon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dannii will always have more class. She's not the first woman to be attracted to Cowell or the last. Tweedy didn't "get out" she was rejected by the American version and the story was leaked. Tweedy and Cowell both used each other. Tweedy assumed she'd be on the American panel make money over there and take over the charts. Derek's popular on DWTS...I can see Tweedy using that to her advantage. Will.i.am fancies her and makes it obvious, he's worked with the greats and Tweedy's has a high opinion of her own talent. It's just a case of using high profile people to get to the top by whatever means. Dannii more realistic about what she wants in her life. Maybe she's more humble or mature who knows.

The other big difference between Dannii and Cheryl is age...
    Dannii is 40, her work for Simon and adverts is her main work now, she should be more mature and Cheryl is still young in her career and has many options. She didn't have to take Simon's offer and I think the rejection was the best thing that happened to her, she is not the one being sold out by Simon while being unable to comment because she still works for him... Cheryl has been alot smarter about everything and had better advice.... Maybe Will.I.Am fancies Cheryl but he is a talented man and seems good for Cheryl and he most likely sees Simon for what he really is too.. Anyone who has success and fame has a high opinion of themselves as they have to sell their talent. Dannii did too at her peak. Maybe being overshadowed by her superstar sister helps but Dannii has never been lacking in self-believe or been a shy shrinking violet when it comes to her talent, her relationships or showing her sexuality. According to the tweets Cheryl and Simon even seem cordial.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    BTW what has the title of this thread got to do with anything that`s being discussed ?

;)
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Yes poor baby being rescued from a convicted rough background hailed as a princess and made the biggest star i nthe U.K. To then be offered to join him on USXF despite he was the only one wanting her there and how he fought to make it work for her. To then be offered a extraordinary offer to head the British version which she would have been given credit also as a producer.

Most people who are sacked just gets sacked. Period and they move on and get over it.

I've completely lost all respect for her and this childish 'I-want-this-and-that.'
    She was only using him to get a career in America.

I've never read so much rubbish. Cowell is one of the nastiest manipulators of people ever to get on tv. He asked her to be a judge on USXF whilst at the same time plotting to sack her just to get publicity to crack the American market. I'm delighted Cheryl wants nothing more to do with the lying, creep.

How can you expect any honesty on the UKXF when he was sha**ing one of the judges.

Cowell makes me want to throw up every time I see his plastic filled, ugly mug, along with his smug smile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    I've never read so much rubbish. Cowell is one of the nastiest manipulators of people ever to get on tv. He asked her to be a judge on USXF whilst at the same time plotting to sack her just to get publicity to crack the American market. I'm delighted Cheryl wants nothing more to do with the lying, creep.

How can you expect any honesty on the UKXF when he was sha**ing one of the judges.

Cowell makes me want to throw up every time I see his plastic filled, ugly mug, along with his smug smile.

Agreed it was all a ratings game for the US audience to gain attention for a new show there. Cheryl wasn't even dressed right...This stuff is all about ratings now because of the timing of it. He has BGT on right now, up against Cheryl's new manager how is wiping the floor with him...A show with Sir Tom Jones who really is a legend and cat nip to women, so Simon needs to show he is a man that shags alot and has sexuality. He needs to be number one and Tom Bower is a friend of his...He can't really hurt Cheryl because she has moved on and she didn't sleep with him, so he has to find some dirt, some way to hit out at her.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    BTW what has the title of this thread got to do with anything that`s being discussed ?

;)

Alright just for you....

"Simon Cowell left frustrated by Cheryl Cole" :)
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Alright just for you....

lol Thank You :)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking on This Morning the author of the book about Cowell says Simon was extremely annoyed when she and her agent rejected his 'extremely generous' offer for her to return to the UK X-Factor.

But wasn't it Simon who whilst saying one thing publicly re Cheryl's appearance on US X-Factor was saying and doing other things privately?

Must be nice to think you can just throw money at someone and the problem goes away. :)

I can't say that I've really thought of anything that positive to say about Cheryl Cole before.
    But if she turned down this apparently 'extremely generous offer' from him then I have a huge amount of respect for her.

I like the fact that it annoys him. It's as though he's confused and doesn't understand how or why somebody else could see the world differently from how he does.
    If he's confused as to why somebody couldn't be bought off, then that's great. It might make him think about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright just for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdmEMuG1h-M&feature=related

This is Cheryl on USXF and she did nothing wrong, she looks bright, she was clear, concise, was getting on fine with Paula too...And she looked good, why did Simon get rid of her?
    She wasn't "unwanted" she was connecting with the US public..it was all down to Simon playing games...and as for arrogance...Cheryl, Paula and L.A. Reid were dressed up, Simon was in a jumper, he doesn't have to dress up, even on US TV he is that sure of his power.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »

Exactly. I remember the "leaked" stories about Cheryl being so homesick and miserable in the US (she was absolutely fine there just a while back, staying there for months and seemed to have a great timed) eating bisquits alone in her hotel room and getting fat. I was thinking she is being painted in a horrible light by Cowell, and low and behold a moment later started the rumors about her being sacked.

There is difference in being fired, and getting humiliated by the one giving the job in the first place, just for the media coverage.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who jumps into bed with Cowell should expect fall out. The guy is ruthless and the second he becomes bored he will cast you aside.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »

;)

Nothing and that was my point as well ;)

I understand that Cheryl felt hurt and that it was hard for her to fail on a project like that - perfectly understandable, but she can't say it wasn't a very generous offer.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I was suprised that Danni slept with Cowell, I thought he was head over heels for Ryan Seacrest and still do but might have dumped him in the same way as everyone else.

I dont care she slept with Cowell either but how she acted when she was his "girlfriend" was very off putting to me expecting everyone to be at her beck and call and acting the diva. She has always been second string to Kylie who hasnt had this sort of criticism and has nothing like the sucess she has had.

As for Cheryl, she has done very well for someone who is less vocally gifted than others but is very beautiful. I also think she was still in love with Ashley for much of the time she was around Cowell and when he sacked her from the American XFactor it was another rejection which hurt. Bad timing and old age group was Simons downfall with Cheryl.I am now wondering about Nicole Scherzinger who broke up with Lewis for a while when they were filming the series.

It goes on and on.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    So was Tulisa's leaked video really her X-Factor audition tape for Simon?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    If money was everything to Cheryl, she would still be with Ashley, bedded Simon, and took the xfactor uk job:D

I totally agree with this post.

Also, I have to say it really irks me how Danni sleeping with the boss can be construed into an attack on Cheryl. What is it with some posters who have this pathological hatred of Cheryl? I can only imagine their comments if Cheryl had done what Danni did. Yet despite this, Danni is still being lauded as somehow a better person, more mature, more talented, a better mentor than Cheryl? Go figure. :confused:

Danni can sleep with whoever she likes. It revolts me that she did sleep with her boss, but that was her choice. But for people to excuse this type of, imo, desperate behaviour and still attack Cheryl, who didn't "put out" for Simon, is truly ridiculous and shows that Cheryl can't win with some people whatever she does. And I say this as a GA fan who finds Cheryl the least talented member of GA but finds the bile thrown at her truly stupid. Give the girl a break for God's sake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Dannii has always had class. If the right price was offered to Tweedy she'd be on playboy tomorrow. Dannii had class and gained respect from viewers by being a sensible mentor. Tweedy's selling point, is fashion keeping her body toned so that she can perform with next to nothing on, that isn't exactly classy. Dannii's always been a classy performer and a gorgeous one at that.

I think you need to take a chill pill. I know you love Nadine, as do I, but this post is ridiculous. In the light of what we've found out, to call Danni classy and Cheryl as not is pathetic. Cheryl and Danni are similar performers, only difference is that Cheryl has kept her dignity where Cowell is concerned.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree with this post.

Also, I have to say it really irks me how Danni sleeping with the boss can be construed into an attack on Cheryl. What is it with some posters who have this pathological hatred of Cheryl? I can only imagine their comments if Cheryl had done what Danni did. Yet despite this, Danni is still being lauded as somehow a better person, more mature, more talented, a better mentor than Cheryl? Go figure. :confused:

Danni can sleep with whoever she likes. It revolts me that she did sleep with her boss, but that was her choice. But for people to excuse this type of, imo, desperate behaviour and still attack Cheryl, who didn't "put out" for Simon, is truly ridiculous and shows that Cheryl can't win with some people whatever she does. And I say this as a GA fan who finds Cheryl the least talented member of GA but finds the bile thrown at her truly stupid. Give the girl a break for God's sake.

Dannii has nothing to do with this subject. It was Cheryl fans that brought her in to it.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you need to take a chill pill. I know you love Nadine, as do I, but this post is ridiculous. In the light of what we've found out, to call Danni classy and Cheryl as not is pathetic. Cheryl and Danni are similar performers, only difference is that Cheryl has kept her dignity where Cowell is concerned.

They take a swipe at Cheryl every chance they get. Cheryl is keeping quiet and Dannii isn't. This is of course, assuming it was Dannii who spoke of anything happening between her and Cowell.