Options

does gina's boyfriend take offence at any of gina's rants?

orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,953
Forum Member
✭✭
because the way he speaks on camera and looks, doesnt he live the life she seems to speak badly of? :o

Comments

• Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Why do you think the way he speaks and looks doesn't mean he has money?
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gangster innit
  • Options
    missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    gangster innit

I knew that you would come out with a racial stereotype like that. The fact that he does not speak like that in any form, shows how you don't have the inability to view black people but in negative terms.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Why do you think the way he speaks and looks doesn't mean he has money?

maybe because 0% of people born into money speak that way
  • Options
    Pete GrainPete Grain Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe because 0% of people born into money speak that way

Scout never said 'he was born into money.'

The guy potentially could be extremely rich.

He need not be 'educated' to a high standard, nor involved in shady business for this to be the case.

I have reams of aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews..and more I can't recall - either Irish born/bred and moved here..OR..like me first (and now second) generation Irish.

For a high % of them, education was never really something they excelled in..or had an interest in. Yet I have amongst them several near millionaires - no lottery winners - who were just business minded and new how to turn a pebble into a pound.

A self employed lorry driver uncle, who built up a reputation in the Irish community for being the best there was - over 40 years is worth hundreds of thousands.

A young cousin who flunked at school (his daughter, my cousin)..yet has amazing artistic ability. Just ground away, and now is in charge of interior design at Westminster. Every new design at either the House of Lords or Commons, is either initiated or approved by her.

I swear this is true. She is in her late 30's and the Irish community, along with her talent and perseverance - saw her go from school with little prospects to this.

Her older sister..who is almost my age. Left school, almost no qualifications. Yet by means I don't know fully, ended up a care home manager and done a great job selling her talent. Earns a 100 thousand a year plus.

There's lots more examples within my families present circumstances reflecting similar success. I just wish I was one of them..lol.

Point is, Gina's boyfriend may/may not be from an area such as I and my family/relatives grew up in..in inner central London. And irrespective, he may be brassic..through to exceedingly well off - all on his own merits irrespective of this attitude that how he speaks is an indicator as to his personal financial situation.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    You don't need to be from the Royal Family to be wealthy. Look at Alan Sugar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missbeenie wrote: »
    I knew that you would come out with a racial stereotype like that. The fact that he does not speak like that in any form, shows how you don't have the inability to view black people but in negative terms.

Oh do grow up you silly person, and learn some tongue in cheek humour..Sandy was not alluding to race by saying 'gangster innit'..:rolleyes:

I'm from an era when Black, Irish, gay people..and everyone who didn't conform to a narrow viewpoint was ostracised/ridiculed openly - without anyone thinking of it as discrimination or inappropriate. No excuse, however..

..the world's moved on now Dearie.

Still not perfect in any category it's true. Though it's silly billies like you espousing non-applicable nonsense, who help fan the flames and perpetuate discrimination..such as it is now.

Time to do as us Irish do. Accept that the majority of people accept us for who we are, and that bigots (in all and any kind of shades of discrimination), will continue to be an embarrassing minority..worthy of little more than ridicule - or ignoring for the most part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete Grain wrote: »
    Oh do grow up you silly person, and learn some tongue in cheek humour..Sandy was not alluding to race by saying 'gangster innit'..:rolleyes:

I'm from an era when Black, Irish, gay people..and everyone who didn't conform to a narrow viewpoint was ostracised/ridiculed openly - without anyone thinking of it as discrimination or inappropriate. No excuse, however..

Still not perfect in any category it's true. Though it's silly billies like you espousing non-applicable nonsense, who help fan the flames and perpetuate discrimination..such as it is now.

Time to do as us Irish do. Accept that the majority of people accept us for who we are, and that bigots (in all and any kind of shades of discrimination), will continue to be an embarrassing minority..worthy of little more than ridicule - or ignoring for the most part.

Why don't you grow up, the poster was not been funny, they can't stand Gina nor her boyfriend.

As for people like me, it's people like me who has stood up to the casual racism that occurs in society, otherwise monkey noises and futile name calling would still be occurring,with people making out that they were only having a laugh innit.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you grow up, the poster was not been funny, they can't stand Gina nor her boyfriend.

As for people like me, it's people like me who has stood up to the casual racism that occurs in society, otherwise monkey noises and futile name calling would still be occurring,with people making out that they were only having a laugh innit.:rolleyes:

BiB...tff :D:D:D

As to Sandy not liking her Gina or her boyfriend. So what ? Thousands others don't like them either.

Similarly thousands of others don't like any of the other remaining housemates. What is your point..?

Those who don't like the twins, are..let's invent terms just for you eh..'Twinist Bigots'

Those who don't like Charley are 'Traversite Toffs.'

Those who detest Sophie are 'Socialite Supremacists'

Those offended by Dexter are 'Delighfully Delusional'

Can't stand Sam ? 'English Elitists.'

Good grief. I've seen some ridiculuous conclusions, though your 'reasoning' for bringing race into the equation on the basis of a comment like 'gangster innit' is beyond comprehension.

In east London, in white neighbourhoods..and across parts of the south-east - that catchphrase is commonplace amongst youngsters growing up..and the concept of it pertaining to colour would have them scratching their heads and backing away slowly from your deluded conclusions. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No..... you don't know me.....so don't make assumptions. You really have gone 2 + 2 = 5 here - nothing was meant by saying : "gangster innit" other than an Ali G style bit of humour, ---and that's it - nothing more - so please do not 'presume' it to have meant anything else and twist it into something it's not,
    please, lighten up -

yes of course I was being funny,(as Pete Grain kindly pointed out) .....but obviously you've chosen to read more into it - I don't like the HM that is Gina, no, and I haven't seen anything of the bf other than his rap and VT message, so I can't comment - and don't care to be fair - but banging on about race is OTT and totally irrelevant, you're just choosing to make an issue out of nothing,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now hang on a minute, you real have gone 2 + 2 = 5 here - nothing was meant by saying : "gangster innit" other than an Ali G style bit of humour, ---and that's it - nothing more - so please do not 'presume' it to have meant anything else and twist it into something it's not, please, lighten up

Done some digging.

Seems Miss B is in fact a racist herself.

Been treated exceptionally well on these forums over a long period of time, with a propensity for periodically 'deciding' a poster is racist, with no obvious backdrop to her assertions - then 'claiming' she is is somehow instrumental in tackling a battle which is primarily raging in her head - much more so than in actual reality :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member

Her boyfriend is black? Thanks for pointing that out:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done some digging.

Been treated exceptionally well on these forums over a long period of time, with a propensity for periodically 'deciding' a poster is racist, with no obvious backdrop to her assertions - then 'claiming' she is is somehow instrumental in tackling a battle which is primarily raging in her head - much more so than in actual reality :cry:

Well done you, for your expert detective work, find out anything else about me, like what colour knickers I wear. How about what toothpaste I use, you wonderful detective work, will surely have you propelled to the head division of the metropolitan police.

Hahaha I'm a racist, I'm sure your wonderful digging about will be talked about on DS for years to come.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done some digging.

let's not take the bait then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member

PC much! I think they were joking! I personally sniggered at that. And i'm mixed race. And from east london. And bet Gina's bf wouldnt be offended by that, words like hood, gangsta etc are used both literally and ironically to no offense down these ways and presumably by many under 30s in many inner city urban areas. And to decribe one another. Gangta is like a compliment! "You look like a g" or "you gangster, making all that money!" Yes it is really is that cliche sometimes:rolleyes:

Also the OP wasn't implying that not being posh means you can't be rich more Gina's continous snobby comments about 'normal' shit don't fit with her bf. Surely he doesnt follow the same rules. Sure i read somewhere about her living in Chingford previously and now in Islington.

I agree with the OP, bizarre how Gina perpetuates this whole i'm a rich socialite thing and her bf is your run of the mill wannabe rapper "ride on it" :yawn: replete with prenteniously purposfully wrongly spelt word for a name (instead of the more ahem gansgta Edwin :D) who doesnt seem snobby, a normal guy really. Coz remember she's never been to a pub, let alone eat food there or Mcdonalds.
    Regardless if you like her or not if she is really rich she's certainly not posh. And as her bf reguarly being able to pick up huge bar tabs up to 25k LOL he must have a day job or a rich daddy himself...or something...Either way i can picture Gina and Ecksell more at Sugar Hut from TOWIE rather than anywhere the Made in Chelsea lot hang out.
    Ironically in Towie they always dress up much like Gina's style and are entranced by posh shit like Ascot and in Made in Chelsea the girls are less done up and aim for the whole i spent hours but wanna look like i just wake up beautiful and the boys are desperate to be 'cool' with their overuse of 'pardy' and 'yeahh boi' slang a million years behind :D bless.
    Gina is entertaining at times though, i'll give her that lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her boyfriend is black? Thanks for pointing that out:confused:

LoL :D

Most of my mates I grew up with in Peckham are black. I'm white.

They have absolutely zero tolerance for people like Miss B..and a bit more colourful in their opinions when it comes to telling them to..I quote 'STFU'..(an old mate of mine just been texting me), had a look in..that was the politest comment from his reply I dare post..:eek:

Black people are doing just fine without you Miss B...Your input seems to be greatly unappreciated..mostly I suspect as it's just designed to try and instigate the bigotry you rant about, whilst using it as a shield from behind which you actually spout your own venom and hatred towards anyone who is not black.

There's a term the Irish use for people like that - hence why we've long since stopped acting like the career buffoon you have created for yourself here on DS.

Behave, and one day I might tell you what it is :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    let's not take the bait then.

Agreed. Said my few bits..lol.

Roll on the final..may the best person win :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yikes !!! we'd best be good now - or you'll get us all barred !!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done you, for your expert detective work, find out anything else about me, like what colour knickers I wear. How about what toothpaste I use, you wonderful detective work, will surely have you propelled to the head division of the metropolitan police.

Hahaha I'm a racist, I'm sure your wonderful digging about will be talked about on DS for years to come.

Awwww Bless.

Massive Cuddle. You is just Miss - Understood is all :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoL :D

Most of my mates I grew up with in Peckham are black. I'm white.

They have absolutely zero tolerance for people like Miss B..and a bit more colourful in their opinions when it comes to telling them to..I quote 'STFU'..(an old mate of mine just been texting me), had a look in..that was the politest comment from his reply I dare post..:eek:

Black people are doing just fine without you Miss B...Your input seems to be greatly unappreciated..mostly I suspect as it's just designed to try and instigate the bigotry you rant about, whilst using it as a shield from behind which you actually spout your own venom and hatred towards anyone who is not black.

There's a term the Irish use for people like that - hence why we've long since stopped acting like the career buffoon you have created for yourself here on DS.

Behave, and one day I might tell you what it is :)

Ahh bless you trotted out you have a black friend line who would have guessed it. You should tell your friend to come on DS and post, as long as they post within the t&c of DS I'm sure their opinion will be noted and enjoyed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On topic...on Daily Mail article Gina states at dating someone poor would be 'the worst thing that ever happened to her' LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh bless you trotted out you have a black friend line who would have guessed it. You should tell your friend to come on DS and post, as long as they post within the t&c of DS I'm sure their opinion will be noted and enjoyed.

I know several posters here who are black. Most of them not my friends in r/l.

But the one thing they share in common, is a disdain for the immaturity you espouse.

Really time to grow up, join society and concentrate together with the rest of us on issues much more important to all of us.

But this is perhaps something for the Politics forum here if you desire to debate the real issues of discrimination - and trust me - colour is the least of our worries when it comes to being working class in the UK.

But as you said..'I need to grow up' because you are so insightful :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inthepink wrote: »
    On topic...on Daily Mail article Gina states at dating someone poor would be 'the worst thing that ever happened to her' LOL

Miss G having to date one of us proletariat minions..?

Let's hope the wealthy elite have a full 'stock' of bourgeoise boyfriends on hand - should her present relationship implode :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Miss G having to date one of us proletariat minions..?

Let's hope the wealthy elite have a full 'stock' of bourgeoise boyfriends on hand - should her present relationship implode :p

Also according to article her bf can afford to drop 25k on bar bill like its nothing and a new article says he's gonna propose:rolleyes: Hello! Ok!
    The only person i can think of who has more put on airs and graces on tv than Gina is Mark Francis from Made in Chelsea :D a choice quote for those unfamilar with his 'work'
    (friend to him): :eek:You can't just leave the door open like that, its dangerous!
    Mark Francis: :confused: But we're in the Royal borough!

On dinner party decor: "There's nothing more depressing than going to a dinner party where there are no flowers. Doesn't it just kill you? I want to leave there and then."

On accessorising: "Unless you have a family tiara, you don't wear one."
    now THAT'S posh. he does actually have a family tiara.

Ooh or Mrs Bucket! Sorry Mrs.Bouquet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inthepink wrote: »
    Also according to article her bf can afford to drop 25k on bar bill like its nothing and a new article says he's gonna propose:rolleyes: Hello! Ok!
    The only person i can think of who has more put on airs and graces on tv than Gina is Mark Francis from Made in Chelsea :D a choice quote for those unfamilar with his 'work'
    (friend to him): :eek:You can't just leave the door open like that, its dangerous!
    Mark Francis: :confused: But we're in the Royal borough!

On dinner party decor: "There's nothing more depressing than going to a dinner party where there are no flowers. Doesn't it just kill you? I want to leave there and then."

On accessorising: "Unless you have a family tiara, you don't wear one."
    now THAT'S posh. he does actually have a family tiara.

Ooh or Mrs Bucket! Sorry Mrs.Bouquet :D

Splutters with ill-defined angst, and jowelly cheeked outrage.

Will this heinous horror you speak of ever end I ask ..? :p