Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    jvilson29jvilson29 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    Heard today that, as long as Pepe Mel keeps his job at West Brom, it's likely the next loan move in the progression of Joel Campbell will be to them. Mel signed him on loan from us when he was at Real Betis.

I'd like to see Gnabry on loan to another club in the division next season (providing Walcott and Ox are fit for the start of the season) as well. Definitely feel he could be a real star for us in future. Someone like Villa/Newcastle/Southampton
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Guillem Balague has tweeted that Barca will sell Cesc in the summer.

Is it this tweet
    FCB willing 2 listen 2 offers 4 Cesc. He willing 2 B attracted away from the Camp Nou. But that's a loooong way from saying he will B sold

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/461212643643383808
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member

Yes.

Not sure how he concludes that Barca willing to lisetn to offers, and Cesc considering leaving = "..a long way from being sold."

I'd say that's pretty close in football terms to him leaving.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    Song? Yes I believe it was done in installments but don't know how much if anything is still owed.

I can see him getting moved on too in the summer. He can barely get a look in. Not even sub appearances. All he's done this year is play for them in the earlier stages of the domestic cups.

No sorry, I mean Cesc. :) I thought we were still owed money from when we initially sold him to Barca. :confused:
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard today that, as long as Pepe Mel keeps his job at West Brom, it's likely the next loan move in the progression of Joel Campbell will be to them. Mel signed him on loan from us when he was at Real Betis.

More progression?
    He's 22 by then - if he's good enough he should be playing for us.
    If he isn't we should get rid.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »

It is cheaper to retain than to attract new players. How much is lost through agents' initial fees and search costs? How long does it take a new player to settle in?

We should learn to retain players like Liverpool do and not be a selling club to our rivals.

Of course having an unsettled player is damaging. But motivational skills should manage that.

We should not sell to a UK club and demand a 25% fee if on-sold to a UK club.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What happened to AW's promise he would never sell one of our players to a PL rival again, after the Van Pursestrings saga?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, we haven't got it yet. West Brom are a lot better than Newcastle. I thought only Krul was trying.

Should still beat Norwich though
  • Options
    Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feel sorry for you guys in regards to Cup final ticket allocation. I got my ticket yesterday. I hate the fact that the 'footballing family' get a bigger allocation than either of the actual teams allocation
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    feel sorry for you guys in regards to Cup final ticket allocation. I got my ticket yesterday. I hate the fact that the 'footballing family' get a bigger allocation than either of the actual teams allocation

yes, particularly as the "football family" are quite fond of flogging off the family silver to online ticket touts to resell at about £600+ per ticket.
    It's so easy to shut these guys down so assume the FA don't want to.
    Just read that the CL final's fan allocation is about 35 000 for both Madrid clubs for the 65000 capacity Estadio da Luz. People in Madrid don't generally have anything like the money people in London too, so a lot of fans of both clubs are going to miss out yet again. >:(
    Only thing makes me laugh is that when I was in Lisbon in March, the guy at the hotel told me they'd sold out the whole hotel to German Bayern fans at a massively inflated and non refundable 900 euros a room :D

Weekend news: Sagna's got a knee injury. Who knows how serious and if he'll miss the Final
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanner82 wrote: »

I agree with you. The 5 lads I go with are season ticket holders while I'm a silver member but they only got 1 ticket in the ballot. They couldn't face going and have decided I can have it. I'm happy & gutted at the same time but I will do them proud as I will be one noisy bar steward at the game even if I'll be on my own.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    I agree with you. The 5 lads I go with are season ticket holders while I'm a silver member but they only got 1 ticket in the ballot. They couldn't face going and have decided I can have it. I'm happy & gutted at the same time but I will do them proud as I will be one noisy bar steward at the game even if I'll be on my own.

Have fun. Drink water to lubricate your tonsils - subject to the state of your bladder / prostate of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have fun. Drink water to lubricate your tonsils - subject to the state of your bladder / prostate of course.

Cheers. Once I've broken the seal I'm a regular visitor to the facilities.:D
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Guillem Balague has tweeted that Barca will sell Cesc in the summer.

I'm almost certain we'd be in for him. When questioned about it last summer, Wenger said, "I've been told by the player that he wants to stay at least one more year in Barcelona and fight for his place - unless something has changed and he hasn't told me (laughs)."

We have the advantage of the €25m buy out clause, which is triggered as soon as they put him on the transfer list, or as soon as they accept a bid from another club - which they are contractually obliged to inform us of should it happen.

Come on Arsene. Get in there and get him back.
    Hell no. Left the club in acrimonious terms, and certainly wouldn't want a repeat of that. He wanted to join his 'boyhood' club, so he should buckle down and fight for his place in the team, even if the chips are down.

Plus it's not like Arsenal are short in midfield, even if he would be welcome.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/02/arsene-wenger-arsenal-lukas-podolski-thomas-vermaelen

In other news, Dear Leader all but confirms he is staying put. Says he only wants 2-3 players in, World Cup might make early business hard -- bloody predictable.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wouldn't be welcome. I'm fed up of taking our old players back all the time.
    How about showing a bit of imagination for once?
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cesc is a great player, and like most Arsenal fans I'd take him back in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be overly keen on Fabregas coming back either. Nothing to do with him wanting to leave or anything like that but purely on a football level. We have enough midfield tikka takka players, call them what you will as it is. He's had his time at Arsenal and we won nothing when he was the main player and see little point in repeating all that again. Whose place would he take anyway, just out of interest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    He wouldn't be welcome. I'm fed up of taking our old players back all the time.
    How about showing a bit of imagination for once?

I'm with you and Belligerence on this one. He threatened to go on strike and went to watch a Grand Prix yet people want him back. He's a great player but we don't need another midfielder and need to spend money on a good right back, centre back and world class forward.

The rumours about De Boer and the rubbish down the road are growing but more alarmingly the possibility of Lord Dennis being their assistant. Please don't do it Dennis or your statue will be removed.>:(
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 11,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have Cesc back in an instant. I don't bear any particular grudges against him for the way he left - if I was a pro footballer and had the chance to come to Arsenal, I'd want to make it happen too - and I don't necessarily think it's an area we're overly stocked in. There's definitely room for Cesc, Ramsey, and Ozil all within the same eleven, provided we have Theo and a more mobile striker up top. If there's a chance he'd end up at United I'd want us to jump in immediately, as I simply couldn't bear seeing one of my all time favourite Arsenal players there.

Shouldn't be a priority though - the aforementioned mobile striker, a top defensive midfielder and by the sounds of it a Sagna replacement are more needed.

As for Dennis, hopefully he's more likely to stay at Ajax and take over the top job there? I don't think he'd ever go to Sp*rs.
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Just what we need, another bleeding midget in the midfield!
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »

I got one, having applied for two, category 2. Will go to friend/family.

Luckily I've managed (I think) to bag a couple in club wembley through people I know, which I'm assuming will be full of gooners anyway.

All kind of outcomes I've heard of; some people getting half their application, none, or in one case all of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beanybun wrote: »
    I got one, having applied for two, category 2. Will go to friend/family.

Luckily I've managed (I think) to bag a couple in club wembley through people I know, which I'm assuming will be full of gooners anyway.

All kind of outcomes I've heard of; some people getting half their application, none, or in one case all of them.

Someone posted on the online Gooner that there's lots of seats left at the moment. I hope those on standby or other STH's get another bite.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this is one day we can all love Fat Sam!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like Henry, Dennis is Arsenal through and through. No way would he ever go to Sp*rs.
This discussion has been closed.