What is the point of Israel attacking Gaza?

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Israel has committed war crimes, no doubt about that. The babies who got blown to pieces is a crime against humanity.

Question is what will happen to end this? I don't see Tony Blair as the peace envoy doing anything. It's been going on for weeks in terms of this latest fighting and no end in sight.

There were no war crimes as there wasn't a war. It was a defensive action which the Palestinians are responsible for.
  • zahavizahavi Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Israel has admitted to lying. It turns out that hadar golding was not abducted by Hamas.

As said before, Israel cannot be trusted.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zahavi wrote: »
    Israel has admitted to lying. It turns out that hadar golding was not abducted by Hamas.

Can you provide a source that shows he wasn't abducted by Hamas? Don't tell me you're in agreement with Tim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Radio 5 live news just said Israel has now said he was killed in action.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you provide a source that shows he wasn't abducted by Hamas? Don't tell me you're in agreement with Tim.

Seems to be what the Israeli's are now saying. I hope the Guardian is a reputable (i.e western) enough source for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Seems to be what the Israeli's are now saying. I hope the Guardian is a reputable (i.e western) enough source for you.

Thank you. That's new to me, I appreciate your posting it. I'm sure that last sentence wasn't meant in any way as a dig.

That said, if the Israelis are saying that, how can they also be lying?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

An Israeli soldier who was feared to have been captured by Hamas militants died in combat, Israel's military has confirmed.

http://news.sky.com/story/1312145/kidnapped-israeli-soldier-declared-dead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WindWalker wrote: »
    An Israeli soldier who was feared to have been captured by Hamas militants died in combat, Israel's military has confirmed.

http://news.sky.com/story/1312145/kidnapped-israeli-soldier-declared-dead

Thank you but FMKK got there first so he wins the bonus points. If the Israelis are saying he was killed in action then how can they be accused of lying. They corrected themselves didn't they?
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,856
    Forum Member
    So Israel are now saying that their missing soldier was killed in action (not kidnapped) so what does this mean? Does it mean that Israel literally shelled their own soldiers down when shelling the Gazan beach areas during the ceasefrire or was it that one of the Palestinian groups attacked the IDF and then during IDF retaliation this soldier somehow got killed?

The vagueness of israel's admission makes it sound like either the soldier was killed by his own side while they broke the ceasefire or he got killed by his own side while they were taking on one of the Palestinian groups.

Either way, hundreds of more palestinian civilians were killed after that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you but FMKK got there first so he wins the bonus points. If the Israelis are saying he was killed in action then how can they be accused of lying. They corrected themselves didn't they?

I'm not aware I said they were lying. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not aware I said they were lying. :confused:

Really? Zahavi said they were lying. Read further up the thread. Sorry, don't believe that you didn't realize that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Zahavi said they were lying. Read further up the thread. Sorry, don't believe that you didn't realize that.

I'm not Zahavi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On Friday they said he was abducted.

Western leaders expressed their disgust that an Israeli Jew was taken hostage by Hamas. Obama publically said "release that soldier!" .

It turns out he wasn't abducted at all.

Hamas say he was killed in an Israeli airstrike.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not Tim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not Tim.

I didn't say you were, I said don't tell me you agree with "tim". As far as I know, those are two different things.
    Forum Member

Israel and their spokes people and ambassadors were stating it as fact yesterday so to row back on it now after hundreds more civilians have been killed is not good enough! I saw news reports earlier of one Palestinian family where only the mother escaped having any of her limbs amputated, her husband and kids were not so lucky! Another report showed a poor little girl about 1 years old who's face has been burned crying with a doctor holding her as her mum was killed! >:(

This war was done on BS "reasons". That Avigdor Liebeaman, that far right foreign secretary of Israel demanded this war took place. He was saying just days before this war started that he was going to withdraw support for the coalition or something like that because he wanted this latest "mowing of the lawn done" and Netanyahu caved into him! >:(

Israel have got it wrong on this kidnap story, on one of the schools having weapons stored in it, as if that makes it alright to bomb children ( >:( >:( >:() and where was the proof that Hamas kidnapped the 3 israeli teenagers in the west bank? Hamas are not even the main party in the west bank either, its Fatah!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/08/israel-steps-up-gaza-offensive-possible-ground-invasion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Israel and their spokepeople and ambassadors were stating it as fact yesterday so to row back on it now after hundreds more civilians have been killed is not good enough! I saw news reports earlier of one Plaestinian family where only the mother escaped having any of her limbs amputated, her husband and kids were not so lucky! Another report showed a poor little girl about 1 years old who's face has been burned crying with a doctor holding her as her mum was killed! >:(

This war was done on BS "reasons". That Avigdor Lieberaman, that far right foreign secretary demanded this war took place. He was saying just days before this war started that he was going to withdraw support for the coalition or something like that because he wanted this latest "mowing of the lawn done" and Netanyahu caved into him! >:(

Israel have got it wrong on this kidnap story, on one of the schools having weapons stored in it, as if that makes it alright to bomb children ( >:( >:( >:() and where was the proof that Hamas kidnapped the 3 israeli teenagers in the west bank? Hamas are not even the main party in the west bank either, its fatah!

You need more >:( faces to get your points across more effectively.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Media focused on "abducted" soldier for two days, and now we're told wasn't abducted in the first place. What a joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say you were, I said don't tell me you agree with "tim". As far as I know, those are two different things.

I'm not interested.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not interested.

I didn't ask.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sick that on every website there's a massive picture of hadar godin, the proffessional israeli murder that was allegedly abducted by hamas. where are the pictures of the 200 Palestinians that were brutally killed by Israel in the last 48 hours ?
    Forum Member
    You need more >:( faces to get your points across more effectively.

So you're not bothered that 100 plus civilians died for that BS reason to call off the ceasefire, all you can do is refer to how angry I am?! Should I be surprised though?

Maybe you should check this out....http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/08/israel-steps-up-gaza-offensive-possible-ground-invasion

And on Hamas, when they kidnapped Gilad Shalit, they admitted to it. They denied kidnapping those 3 kids, why would they deny that had done it when they admitted they had an israeli soldier, kept him for 5 years and then released him too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    So you're not bothered that 100 plus civilians died for that BS reason to call off the ceasefire, all you can do is refer to how angry I am?! Should I be surprised though?

Maybe you should check this out....http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/08/israel-steps-up-gaza-offensive-possible-ground-invasion

And on Hamas, when they kidnapped Gilad Shalit, they admitted to it. They denied kidnapping those 3 kids, why would they deny that had done it when they admitted they had an israeli soldier, kept him for 5 years and then released him too?

Oh ffs. Show me where I said I didn't care or go find someone else to rant at.
  • MeercamMeercam Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You in the mainstream media have been amazing in your support for Hamas, and we're so grateful to you. This really helps us in spreading anti-Semitism, and starting new rounds of terror at will. Blessings be upon you, love from Hamas

Yeah sure, genuine as an Israeli promise...

This thread has just become one big trollfest for Islamophobes, racists and the regular forum trolls. Some have finally found a thread where they can espouse their hatred of Muslim's without fear of banning, backing each other up in ever more disgusting ways. Judaism must be proud of such support...
    You're the one linking to a holocaust denier.
    ..and then defended their views with the "we need to look at history again" rubbish.
    Which part of the Holocaust do they need to re-assess?
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs. Show me where I said I didn't care or go find someone else to rant at.

You didn't address the points about the extra civilians getting killled, I think that said it all.