Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Saidy Janko and Charlie Scott are going to be the next players who may be able to break through the ranks at United, what do you think Batdude.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I reckon Saidy Janko and Charlie Scott are going to be the next players who may be able to break through the ranks at United, what do you think Batdude.

Scott I think may be in with a shout - he seems quite dedicated from what I've seen of him. Janko not so much.

What are your thoughts? Were they on that thing this morning?
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we got £14m for Anderson then I'd happily risk putting my back out of action for a long time by carrying him to the airport myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Scott I think may be in with a shout - he seems quite dedicated from what I've seen of him. Janko not so much.

What are your thoughts? Were they on that thing this morning?

Yes that's the one, im glad you saw it as well, yes Charlie Scott looks like he has a lot of potential and is highly thought of, also I thought Devante Redmond looked very promising as well.

I thought Janko looked good as well, but thing is I can see us bringing defenders in.

There will be another programme same time next week as well Jo on the Manchester United Acadamy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    If we got £14m for Anderson then I'd happily risk putting my back out of action for a long time by carrying him to the airport myself.

I'll buy the ticket, where's he going James, The Cook Islands. :D
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Turkey?
    Forum Member
    Yes that's the one, im glad you saw it as well, yes Charlie Scott looks like he has a lot of potential and is highly thought of, also I thought Devante Redmond looked very promising as well.

I thought Janko looked good as well, but thing is I can see us bringing defenders in.

There will be another programme same time next week as well Jo on the Manchester United Acadamy

Yay Vanka Milinkovic has just signed!! I saw you ask him something on Twitter the other day. Yes missy you think no one saw you :p 6ft 7in as well - I think thats me and you ruled out of any romance with him at our diddy sizes.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hungary.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay Vanka Milinkovic has just signed!! I saw you ask him something on Twitter the other day. Yes missy you think no one saw you :p 6ft 7in as well - I think thats me and you ruled out of any romance with him at our diddy sizes.

You saw that did you - oh that's me sprung :p - us little legs are defo ruled out then Jo. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With the exception of the last,the majority of my exes have been over 6 foot and I'm only 5 ft 1. I have it on good authority that a lot of tall blokes prefer the more petite ladies.

So there's always hope. We can wear killer heels and they don't feel their masculinity being threatened. I also hear that small women are generally more good looking anyway.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hungary.;-)

That would be a good move for him ;-):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the exception of the last,the majority of my exes have been over 6 foot and I'm only 5 ft 1. I have it on good authority that a lot of tall blokes prefer the more petite ladies.

So there's always hope. We can wear killer heels and they don't feel their masculinity being threatened. I also hear that small women are generally more good looking anyway.;-)

Your another little legs as well are you Ninny, us female United fans on here are the business. :D

I wonder how tall Tribec is.
    Forum Member
    Your another little legs as well are you Ninny, us female United fans on here are the business. :D

I wonder how tall Tribec is.

I'm only 4ft 10in - proper little borrower! M is just over 6ft though. All a bit circus act on photos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only 4ft 10in - proper little borrower! M is just over 6ft though. All a bit circus act on photos.

Snap im 4ft 10 as well - even in heels im a titch - still as my old nan used to say 'good things come in small packages' ;-)::D:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snap im 4ft 10 as well - even in heels im a titch - still as my old nan used to say 'good things come in small packages' ;-)::D:):)

To you apply that mantra to all 'packages'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your making me blush Jim :blush::blush::blush::D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That 16 year old gymnast that won 4 gold medals at the Commonwealth games for England is 4 ft 7.

Midgits rule !!:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only relevant to all things female I'm afraid.

Can't do without big men with big wallets. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That 16 year old gymnast that won 4 gold medals at the Commonwealth games for England is 4 ft 7.

Midgits rule !!:cool:

I used to do gymnastics when I was younger I took it quite seriously as well, being a shortie no one would pick me for netball and the like, so I turned to gymnastics instead.

Used to appear in competitions all over the place in the South-East but packed it in because all my friends were going out at the weekends - I was an idiot, I regret it now. :(

Midgets rule as you say Ninny
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

I hate the amount of adverts on all of the ITV channels (yes I know that they have to have them), but it doesn't half make for a lot of interruptions to programming, and it stops the flow.

I got a V+ box in June 2010 (special offer price for the World Cup!) and since then I have not watched one programme on a commercial channel 'live'. I record anything I want to watch, and watch it, at the earliest - if, say a programme was 9-10pm - from about 9.30pm so I can then fast forward through all the ads.
    I simply haven't got the patience these days to watch a so called 'hour long' programme on a channel like ITV, specially as the ads now seem to go on forever. You're right, it does stop the flow.
    And for something like '24' V+ is essential!

So that Giggs programme I watched in about 45 minutes or however long it was without the ads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I got a V+ box in June 2010 (special offer price for the World Cup!) and since then I have not watched one programme on a commercial channel 'live'. I record anything I want to watch, and watch it, at the earliest - if, say a programme was 9-10pm - from about 9.30pm so I can then fast forward through all the ads.
    I simply haven't got the patience these days to watch a so called 'hour long' programme on a channel like ITV, specially as the ads now seem to go on forever. You're right, it does stop the flow.

So that Giggs programme I watched in about 45 minutes or however long it was without the ads.

I would imagine that this is what a lot of people do (myself included).

However, I find it nearly as annoying having to fast-forward through the ads, when there's an ad break every 6-10 minutes.

Hence, I avoid ITV altogether, whenever possible. The Sky channels don't seem to be as bad.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

However, I find it nearly as annoying having to fast-forward through the ads, when there's an ad break every 6-10 minutes.

Hence, I avoid ITV altogether, whenever possible. The Sky channels don't seem to be as bad.

One 'modern trend' that really does piss me off is when the first ad break pops up after about 8 minutes. I'm sure in the 'old days' you'd get the first ad break after about 15 minutes!

Sky started doing it first, I think. You'd just get a programme started and you'd get an ad break - even before the opening credits had been shown!
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    The worst is when they go to an ad break after the opening theme song in shows where there's a pre-theme scene. Like Scrubs on ABC (when it was on Freeview). It'd have a scene, do the intro song then cut to a break, as well as a break halfway between the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ad breaks annoy me so much, I toddle off to get some munchies, come back and there is another one. >:(
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really like Janko, but he could be hurt be our formation change, and so might not get the opportunities that his play last season fully deserved sadly.
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

There is no chance of us getting a fee that high, even half of that, and we would be doing exceedingly well.

Well it certainly won't be the Virgin Islands!
    Flukie wrote: »

Even with the pause and "X30" options, it is still annoying, and does break up the flow of the programme somewhat.

ITV is is just the worst main stream channel for this sort of thing, and is why I stick to programmes on Demand as much as possible, as they have the adverts taken out, but when it comes to say a live football match, that is where it affects me the most, as I do quite like to watch live, not even a few seconds behind, so ITV is just dreadful at live broadcasts.
    TheMunch wrote: »
    The worst is when they go to an ad break after the opening theme song in shows where there's a pre-theme scene. Like Scrubs on ABC (when it was on Freeview). It'd have a scene, do the intro song then cut to a break, as well as a break halfway between the episode.

ITV usually barely have enough time for the host to say hello, before there is an as break, it is farcical at times.
This discussion has been closed.