Once Upon A Time In Wonderland Season 1 - US PACE **no spoilers**

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Alice's England may not even be *our* England of the past.
    Exactly. It's the England Alice is from, which from our perspective is no more real than Wonderland itself.

Still no news on Rigby joining the OUAT cast with Socha. If she's not around, they better come up with a very good reason why not. After everything they went through in Wonderland to be reunited, having them split up (or kiling her off again!) would be a right bloody kick in the teeth.

As Will would say.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it has really been said in the show that no one can time travel, just that the past can't be changed & I'd imagine if someone time traveled and tried to change the past it wouldn't work & they'd show it not working somehow.

Jefferson said in the episode to Regina to think of the moment in time & object she required so it must have opened a portal in time. I assume because Jefferson and the rabbit are from Wonderland. They just took the apple from that time that was only going to end up lying on the ground anyway as Regina would remember that Snow just dropped it and she never went and picked it up.

Kind of like if you remove the idea of the time travel, it would be like the apple just fell and Regina went and picked it up and kept it and used it later in Storybrooke, so her personal past wasn't altered in anyway.

... although from the latest OUAT it seems that it's not just changing the past that you can't do (without breaking the laws of magic) but actual time travel.

Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Exactly. It's the England Alice is from, which from our perspective is no more real than Wonderland itself.

Still no news on Rigby joining the OUAT cast with Socha. If she's not around, they better come up with a very good reason why not. After everything they went through in Wonderland to be reunited, having them split up (or kiling her off again!) would be a right bloody kick in the teeth.

As Will would say.

Yup. Just Alice's "England", just another realm...

She really should join the main show if Will is... It won't make a lot of sense if he is on his own.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched an episode from season 1 and Mr Gold says to August who he thinks is Bae "You crossed time and space to find this World" and the blue fairy made a deal of how rare magic beans are so it was an effort to do it.

It seems like Regina needed to track down Jefferson to travel realms or she had cast a curse with a huge price, she couldn't just travel World's easily.

I think in the latest Once they talked of it as being a time travel spell, which have been tried but never cast, so it must mean spells are different than beans or people who can travel realms.

But I suppose the difference is, Zelena is going back in time in the Enchanted forest where as the beans, the rabbit, Ariel and Jefferson with his hat all transport people into different realms. And it's plausible that each realm is different so has a different time and space. So it's different than being in one World and traveling back to the past in that World.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally finished this. And yeah, Alice's England is not ours, it's just another realm like Wonderland, Frankenstein's London, Oz, Neverland etc.

I did get confused a bit where a lot of stuff was supposed to take place. I know the various realms are running at different time speeds, but with Will being in the Enchanted Forest/Wonderland pre-curse and then Storybrooke/Wonderland post curse-break, seeing people who weren't affected by the curse having not aged. I think I got it figured further down...

^Especially since Cora's stint as Queen of Hearts is pre-curse, and both Will/Ana/Alice show up during that time frame. Only the Enchanted Forest (and not even all of it) was caught up in the curse, so no matter how slowly Alice's world/Wonderland moved...barely any time seems to have passed.

^ Has it ever been stated how Will found Storybrooke? Did he go back to the Enchanted Forest and get stuck in the first curse? Did he go to Storybrooke with everyone when the people from there went back during last seasons missing/forgotten year?

The best I can jiggle this is, after Will/Alice's initial adventures (starting with rescuing his heart) he went back to Enchanted Forest (likely along with Cora?), got hit by the curse and ended up in Storybrooke. Alice continued adventuring with Cyrus (I forget whether Will knew him before he left) until his "death", then Alice went home. She was only on her world less than a year. When Will/Alice get back to Wonderland (post curse-break, of which only Will was affected by) nobody seems that older, if anything the time gone by seems to indicate around the lengh Alice experienced on her World. But in our reality 28 years has gone by, compared to Wonderland/Alice London's at least 1 year, possibly several (never stated how long Alice/Cyrus/Will initially adventured for. From what we can gather of OUAT's forgotten year, the Enchanted Forest seems to run at a similar timespeed to Storybrooke (our Earth). (Not 100% as I likely forgot key details).

it's just weird at how slow those two worlds move. The ending with her kid, how old must Will/Ana be at that point considering we know they leave for Storybrooke? Girl was at least 5...and if several years equal 28 of our years...