Options

Simon Cowell angry with Cheryl Cole.

i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
Forum Member
Speaking on This Morning the author of the book about Cowell says Simon was extremely annoyed when she and her agent rejected his 'extremely generous' offer for her to return to the UK X-Factor.

But wasn't it Simon who whilst saying one thing publicly re Cheryl's appearance on US X-Factor was saying and doing other things privately?

Must be nice to think you can just throw money at someone and the problem goes away. :)

Comments

• Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Simon seems to think he walks on water. That things just happen when he requests them to happen. Whatever Cheryl will do in her life, and whatever one thinks of her, I applaud her for not going back to X factor after the way she was treated.
  • Options
    YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know any of it's true? It worries me that people seem to genuinely believe what they read and take it so seriously......he said/she said/a friend says/a source said....i.e they tell you whatever they need to to make you interested in a really boring non-story
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These people all live in a bubble and really haven't a clue about reality.:yawn:
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It appear with Simon Cowell he has got what he wanted whenever he wanted it. Cheryl was something he didn't get when he asked for her and I admire her for having the guts to turn him down. He appears to like the chase and conquest the wants to move on.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    YULSTAR wrote: »
    How do you know any of it's true? It worries me that people seem to genuinely believe what they read and take it so seriously......he said/she said/a friend says/a source said....i.e they tell you whatever they need to to make you interested in a really boring non-story

Well the author felt it worth writing in a book.

This moring he strongly sided with Simon and nigh on dismissed Cheryl's recent words as someone seeking publicity, which is remarkably similar to what Max Clifford said last week about others who have associated themselves with Simon.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not used to people saying no to him. He thinks it's just a matter of how much money he throws at them. Didn't he want to get somebody from Voice for XFUK? Never mind he would have to sack somebody from XF, but he thinks he can have everything he points his finger at and people bow backwards for him.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

This moring he strongly sided with Simon and nigh on dismissed Cheryl's recent words as someone seeking publicity, which is remarkably similar to what Max Clifford said last week about others who have associated themselves with Simon.

What recent words from Cheryl?

And of course he is going to side with Simon, according to that interview he said him and Simon are still friends and spoke last night on the phone and he is hoping to write a sequel so will want to keep him on side.
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    He's not used to people saying no to him. He thinks it's just a matter of how much money he throws at them. Didn't he want to get somebody from Voice for XFUK? Never mind he would have to sack somebody from XF, but he thinks he can have everything he points his finger at and people bow backwards for him.

You've reminded me of the megalomaniac bald guy from Derek Jarman's Jubliee, made in 1977 but quite relevant now, here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlL0D5BF2Ok
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    You've reminded me of the megalomaniac bald guy from Derek Jarman's Jubliee, made in 1977 but quite relevant now, here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlL0D5BF2Ok

Stick a wig on him and it could be a clip from BGT :eek: :D
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon seems to think he walks on water. That things just happen when he requests them to happen. Whatever Cheryl will do in her life, and whatever one thinks of her, I applaud her for not going back to X factor after the way she was treated.

Yes poor baby being rescued from a convicted rough background hailed as a princess and made the biggest star i nthe U.K. To then be offered to join him on USXF despite he was the only one wanting her there and how he fought to make it work for her. To then be offered a extraordinary offer to head the British version which she would have been given credit also as a producer.

Most people who are sacked just gets sacked. Period and they move on and get over it.

I've completely lost all respect for her and this childish 'I-want-this-and-that.'
    She was only using him to get a career in America.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike Dannii, Cheryl's far too classy to touch the old man.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Yes poor baby being rescued from a convicted rough background hailed as a princess and made the biggest star i nthe U.K. To then be offered to join him on USXF despite he was the only one wanting her there and how he fought to make it work for her. To then be offered a extraordinary offer to head the British version which she would have been given credit also as a producer.

Most people who are sacked just gets sacked. Period and they move on and get over it.

I've completely lost all respect for her and this childish 'I-want-this-and-that.'
    She was only using him to get a career in America.

To be humiliated is something nobody wants. You don't know the facts! Cheryl has only shown pride. Simon didn't rescue her from anything. She was doing well in Girls Aloud. you are a big Dannii fan, so I guess you see it that way. I guess you have lots of respect for Dannii for sleeping with the boss:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    Unlike Dannii, Cheryl's far too classy to touch the old man.

Exactly, and not done play boy either:D
    I like Dannii, but wish she wasn't seen as perfect either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Errm...Tweedy and Classy aren't two words that go together. Dannii and Cowell are adults whatever happened between them didn't hurt anyone. Dannii keeps her private life private. All Tweedy did every season was flirt, cry wear see through clothes and flutter her eyelashes. Dannii never sold herself out.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

Simon is the one in a ratings war with Will-I-Am and co on The Voice, not Cheryl. Why would Cheryl care about this she still has her own career? Simon gave her a job but she didn't need it and she has been allowed to disappear as she wanted to because she turned it down. At one point she was working non-stop with Girls Aloud, The X Factor, then a tour with GA, then The X Factor, then going solo while her marriage broke up at the sametime as doing The X Factor...at least she can take a break now. Will-I-Am is coming across really, really well on The Voice making Simon and The X Factor look even nastier than ever.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that the author's doing everything he can to get publicity for his book. Understandable, but that's why he's revealing bits of the book for. It wouldn't surprise me if Simon's lied to the biographer about being angry with Cheryl over the X Factor US business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    To be humiliated is something nobody wants. You don't know the facts! Cheryl has only shown pride. Simon didn't rescue her from anything. She was doing well in Girls Aloud. you are a big Dannii fan, so I guess you see it that way. I guess you have lots of respect for Dannii for sleeping with the boss:D

Me being a fan of Dannii has nothing to with this.
    Is that your best argument? And I fully expect Dannii-is-a-tramp comments because it's known she and Simon had a fling. I honestly would be more shocked it there wasn't any comments like that...

I just think Cheryl is incredible childish and plays hte victim. She never cared about the XF contestants, she wasn't consider a good judge still Simon gave a huge chance on his show which she failed on. Fox didn't think it was working out. Why she should demand to have other things and blame everything on everyone else is beyond me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was mad not coming back.
    she could have ensured her role as the 'nations sweetheart' for years
    sympathy for a really shabby treatment out in the US would have been through the roof.

If the next batch of music doesnt go well would she return then?Dannii is the one who I Miss the most she was about the only one speaking the truth about the acts and the BS coming from the other judges.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Errm...Tweedy and Classy aren't two words that go together. Dannii and Cowell are adults whatever happened between them didn't hurt anyone. Dannii keeps her private life private. All Tweedy did every season was flirt, cry wear see through clothes and flutter her eyelashes. Dannii never sold herself out.

I think sleeping with Simon Cowell does class itself as selling yourself out. She hasn't said anything but it has given Sharon Obsorne more reason to openly hate her. It helps that Dannii is a long way away, that the Leveson inquiry is still going on, so they are being bloody careful about stalking people and she is still working for Simon, so she can't say much. She has a son, she has moved on. She didn't go out on stage in see through clothes because she has competed with Kylie her whole life, who would flirt, wear little and also not sleep with Simon Cowell.
    Cheryl may have been a little flirt but she was married and fighting to stay married, she was never, ever going to sleep with Simon Cowell. Women on tv are expected to be flirty and
    for some reason on The X Factor they are expected to compete with their wardrobe, because Simon likes tension between the women on the panel. This is a from a man with a high waist band issue and hair that never changes.

If she turned a job down good for her, she was under no obligation to take it. She is better off...this isn't about Cheryl complaining, it is about Simon not getting his own way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen classy Dannii in play boy? Classy Dannii on google images, classy Dannii who slept with Simon Cowell.
    I don't mind Dannii but she has only gained class since having a baby and keeping her clothes on. I remember on interviews in the past being rude. She has changed and she is years older than Cheryl. I guess when Cheryl has children, and is 13 years older she will be different. I doubt she would do play boy though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    Have you seen classy Dannii in play boy? Classy Dannii on google images, classy Dannii who slept with Simon Cowell.
    I don't mind Dannii but she has only gained class since having a baby and keeping her clothes on. I remember on interviews in the past being rude. She has changed and she is years older than Cheryl. I guess when Cheryl has children, and is 13 years older she will be different. I doubt she would do play boy though.

LOL at he playboy card. Since when is it unclassy to have sex with someone?
    Unclassy is vile behavior.
    And how did Dannii enter this subject?
    Poor arguments always leads to Dannii
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me being a fan of Dannii has nothing to with this.
    Is that your best argument? And I fully expect Dannii-is-a-tramp comments because it's known she and Simon had a fling. I honestly would be more shocked it there wasn't any comments like that...

I just think Cheryl is incredible childish and plays hte victim. She never cared about the XF contestants, she wasn't consider a good judge still Simon gave a huge chance on his show which she failed on. Fox didn't think it was working out. Why she should demand to have other things and blame everything on everyone else is beyond me.
    Ask Leon about Danni?
    I never said Dannii was a tramp, your words. I said she isn't perfect, and Cheryl isn't the devil either. Childish because she got humiliated across the world. Also Will i am had a lot to do with her choices. I respect her not going back, shame Dannii is still doing AGT, someone sold out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Dannii couldn't really sell out, because like any adults who like each other, they both decided to take it to the next level, it's two celebs dating. When the X factor came along, she didn't need to compete with Kylie, fans liked her in her own right. Tweedy was up Cowell's bum the last few seasons because she was the favourite and almost sneered at Dannii because she knew it. Women on TV maybe expected to flirt, but it doesn't mean they have to. Tweedy flirting was her occupation on the show, Dannii was a real mentor. Back when Dannii was the new girl Sharon didn't need a reason to hate her she just did, and it was obvious that Cowell was going to try it on with Dannii, look at her. She's beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at he playboy card. Since when is it unclassy to have sex with someone?
    Unclassy is vile behavior.
    And how did Dannii enter this subject?
    Poor arguments always leads to Dannii

If it is your boss, not sure about you, but I wouldn't go there. I met Simon,and I didn't go there either:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii couldn't really sell out, because like any adults who like each other, they both decided to take it to the next level, it's two celebs dating. When the X factor came along, she didn't need to compete with Kylie, fans liked her in her own right. Tweedy was up Cowell's bum the last few seasons because she was the favourite and almost sneered at Dannii because she knew it. Women on TV maybe expected to flirt, but it doesn't mean they have to. Tweedy flirting was her occupation on the show, Dannii was a real mentor. Back when Dannii was the new girl Sharon didn't need a reason to hate her she just did, and it was obvious that Cowell was going to try it on with Dannii, look at her. She's beautiful.

Well at least Cheryl wasn't in him:D