A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 2)

Comments

• Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Some will like and get her others will loathe the types who think Cheryl cole and her ilk are the epitome of musical greatness :D

And haha i will and in my defence it was when Becky was nice i still believe she is deep down but she was naive and let the others mould her but being 19 is no excuse 2 years ago i would not have behaved like that.

LOL. I have visions of the trending topics on twitter. There will be OMG Kate is amazing. And WHO IS K8?

LOL Becky is the same age as me (well actually I was twenty the other week, really need to change my thing on here) and if I acted like her I would've been ashamed of myself. She was vile, she wound me up something rotten. ahahaha.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    LOL. I have visions of the trending topics on twitter. There will be OMG Kate is amazing. And WHO IS K8?

LOL Becky is the same age as me (well actually I was twenty the other week, really need to change my thing on here) and if I acted like her I would've been ashamed of myself. She was vile, she wound me up something rotten. ahahaha.

Haha i know right the LM's will be like she so stole her ideas from gaga :D:D:p

And oh i know right she wound me right up nowhere as near as ashleigh or conor though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha i know right the LM's will be like she so stole her ideas from gaga :D:D:p

And oh i know right she wound me right up nowhere as near as ashleigh or conor though.

Remember the thread on here of those two being compared, It didn't end well. I think I was only a lurker then LOL.

Urgh I know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember the thread on here of those two being compared, It didn't end well. I think I was only a lurker then LOL.

Urgh I know!

Oh yes i kind of understand it in a avant garde art pop two strong ambitious women kind of way but in terms of talent and sheer scope of vision never gonna end well is it really :D

And Deana was fun tonight and they finally seemed to be getting on :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes i kind of understand it in a avant garde art pop two strong ambitious women kind of way but in terms of talent and sheer scope of vision never gonna end well is it really :D

And Deana was fun tonight and they finally seemed to be getting on :p

I just don't get it. I hate how people pit artists against one another but it only ever happens to women.

Ah I know. She's adorable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't get it. I hate how people pit artists against one another but it only ever happens to women.

Ah I know. She's adorable.

I know its like Kylie and Madonna i will always respect and love Kylie more but i equally enjoy and respect Madonna it seems to be this generation though i always remember the rivalry between Britney and Xtina but always being allowed to like both the only time men get it is if they are boybands :mad:

And i know and a Brummie or at least somewhere in the Mid lands that strange and wild land :p
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,981
    Forum Member
    Evening.

Just got back from my friend's BBQ. :) It was lovely. It was like a school reunion because EVERYONE was there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its like Kylie and Madonna i will always respect and love Kylie more but i equally enjoy and respect Madonna it seems to be this generation though i always remember the rivalry between Britney and Xtina but always being allowed to like both the only time men get it is if they are boybands :mad:

And i know and a Brummie or at least somewhere in the Mid lands that strange and wild land :p

The gaga and Madonna one is brutal.

She's from my hometown. LOL. When they went to BOTS they were in exactly my hometown. Which is weird because it's so small. Although when asked where she is from she just says Birmingham/Walsall. Loads of people do that because if you say the town people are like where the f*ck is that. LOL.

It's weird hearing her with the same accent ahaha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gaga and Madonna one is brutal.

She's from my hometown. LOL. When they went to BOTS they were in exactly my hometown. Which is weird because it's so small. Although when asked where she is from she just says Birmingham/Walsall. Loads of people do that because if you say the town people are like where the f*ck is that. LOL.

It's weird hearing her with the same accent ahaha.

It's odd i think anyone with a shred of intelligence can pick out the three main influences that make up gaga Bowie, Queen, and Madonna to say otherwise is stupid gaga is good but needs to step away from her unaccountable number of influences and just be herself and her fans need to open their eyes and stop hating on those who worked hard and allowed for someone like her to come through for without them no gaga :rolleyes:

And i've only ever passed by Birmingham and i always end up in a traffic jam so i get some nice views :p and i know your accent always sounds that much worse on TV like Joanna Page (stacy from gavin and stacey) we share the Swansea accent and its just cringe :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's odd i think anyone with a shred of intelligence can pick out the three main influences that make up gaga Bowie, Queen, and Madonna to say otherwise is stupid gaga is good but needs to step away from her unaccountable number of influences and just be herself and her fans need to open their eyes and stop hating on those who worked hard and allowed for someone like her to come through for without them no gaga :rolleyes:

And i've only ever passed by Birmingham and i always end up in a traffic jam so i get some nice views :p and i know your accent always sounds that much worse on TV like Joanna Page (stacy from gavin and stacey) we share the Swansea accent and its just cringe :D

I AGREE.

LOL My accent isn't full on Brum because I'm from just outside there. Deana's isn't Brum it's "yam yam" she's from the black country like me. But like I said it's more softer and not as harsh. Some peoples accents from here are really full on. Mine isn't.. I hope. LOL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I AGREE.

LOL My accent isn't full on Brum because I'm from just outside there. Deana's isn't Brum it's "yam yam" she's from the black country like me. But like I said it's more softer and not as harsh. Some peoples accents from here are really full on. Mine isn't.. I hope. LOL.

Time will tell as to whether Gaga will fulfill her potential or continue to be a parody of herself.

Ahh i see like someone fro Llanelli (try and say that :D) has a much stronger and harsh accent than mine which for the most part is just a bog standard S.Welsh accent beautiful as it is :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time will tell as to whether Gaga will fulfill her potential or continue to be a parody of herself.

Ahh i see like someone fro Llanelli (try and say that :D) has a much stronger and harsh accent than mine which for the most part is just a bog standard S.Welsh accent beautiful as it is :p

I love Welsh accents. My grandad was welsh.

OMG I've just remembered the Kate rumour and now I'm all excited again. :(
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I love Welsh accents. My grandad was welsh.

I had Welsh grandparents as well! I also have an uncle living in Wales. I go to see him every couple of months. I love Wales and wouldn't mind living there some day. Their music is some of the best too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had Welsh grandparents as well! I also have an uncle living in Wales. I go to see him every couple of months. I love Wales and wouldn't mind living there some day. Their music is some of the best too :D

ahahaha. I haven't been for years but from what I remember it's beautiful. I have to live in a city though, I prefer the hustle and bustle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Wales too but im biased its a great place to live as i live in a small city by beautiful coastline with the Brecon beacons and Cardiff in equal distance you get the best of everything in a small space and then the north is wild and rugged like a mini Scotland and i love the accent to just the South more North wales is all nasaly but thats due to Welsh being the first language there for most.

And i know just posted on the Appreciation thread i think its important for her as it will reaffirm her influence and contribution to music and bring her to a younger audience she is very much an artist (music snob coming out :p) that music lovers discover as their musical pallet matures and broadens i think on such a mainstream stage it will break down the stereotypes around her and make her much more accessible i mean my 12 year old sister may not listen to her but when i play her likes her so it shows she can be multi generational and music seems to be moving toward alternative more in a tonic from the dance generic factory line pop like when grunge came out in the early 90's as an antidote to the 80's and PWL dominating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon what are we all up too :) ?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,981
    Forum Member
    Hello. :) Nothing much apart from listening to music and watching things on youtube. Gotta take my cat for a booster vaccination at 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here ahve been addicted to Ellie Goulding's new song which is jsut epic and awe i have surroagate cat by which i mean i feed my neighbours :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a Kate Bush day. I was going to go out today but I didn't go to bed until 4am so got up late. oops. Going to clean my room, listen to music and maybe read a bit though. I have a busy weekend planned.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here ahve been addicted to Ellie Goulding's new song which is jsut epic and awe i have surroagate cat by which i mean i feed my neighbours :D

What sort of direction has Ellie gone with album 2?

I could not stand her first album apart from Starry eyed. If it's anything different from her debut, i'll give it a go
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Afternoon. I am listening to some good balls out, fist pumping rock n roll :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All those rumors got in the mood then M :p what book you reading ?

And its similar except alot more solid it has more depth and progression she seems to be making a point i loved Ellie's debut it was spangly and sparkly and effervescent in a way pop music hadn't been for a while though i understand she can eb very marmite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those rumors got in the mood then M :p what book you reading ?

And its similar except alot more solid it has more depth and progression she seems to be making a point i loved Ellie's debut it was spangly and sparkly and effervescent in a way pop music hadn't been for a while though i understand she can eb very marmite.

Yes. I haven't listened to Kate properly for weeks. I'm in a full on Kate mood. I'm going to be disappointed on Sunday aren't I? I have loads of books on the go. I keep starting one then totally forgetting about it. It's terrible I never used to do this. But I'm going to just concentrate on "the girls" now. I started reading it before I went to Madonna and in all the excitement I forgot all about it.

My first Madonna free gift finally came today. About bloody time. I will probably get my poster around Christmas time now ahahahaha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I haven't listened to Kate properly for weeks. I'm in a full on Kate mood. I'm going to be disappointed on Sunday aren't I? I have loads of books on the go. I keep starting one then totally forgetting about it. It's terrible I never used to do this. But I'm going to just concentrate on "the girls" now. I started reading it before I went to Madonna and in all the excitement I forgot all about it.

My first Madonna free gift finally came today. About bloody time. I will probably get my poster around Christmas time now ahahahaha.

I'm having a break away from her as i ahd a full blown Kate obsession preceding and after the release of 50WFs and yes i see us all in tears after out bitter disappointment and ive been reading loads lately re-reading His Dark Materials trilogy if you haven't read them highly reccomended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a break away from her as i ahd a full blown Kate obsession preceding and after the release of 50WFs and yes i see us all in tears after out bitter disappointment and ive been reading loads lately re-reading His Dark Materials trilogy if you haven't read them highly reccomended.

TV people who claim to be in the know keep saying it's true but I still don't believe it. It's Kate Bush after all.

I will check them out. (: I miss reading so much. I wanted to read lot's this summer before Uni but I haven't.
This discussion has been closed.