Options

Nicholas singing national anthem at Scotland game tonight

Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nicholas is singing the Scottish national anthem at the Scotland game tonight at Hampden Park in Glasgow. Such a massive opportunity for him! I wonder if they'll show it in his VT tomorrow night though?

I reckon he'll be on last tomorrow night then. If he's staying in Glasgow tonight then he won't get back down to London until late tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Comments

• Options
    monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you meant, "Nicholas butchering national anthem at Scotland game tonight"
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly curious that they're allowing him to do it while the live shows are underway. Singing the national anthem before a football match definitely counts as a public performance especially when it is being televised live, which I thought was forbidden under their own rules?
  • Options
    abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are bending there rules for the chosen 1
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »

I hope not for his sake. That will only cause a backlash from voters. Nobody likes unfairness.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abcd wrote: »

Oh for heaven's sake not this nonsense again. Rough Copy made a video for SBtv, Sam went to Wicked and was visited by Micheal Bolton, Tamera was on radio 1 Extra. And I am sure there are more incidents for the other artists so please stop with this silly conspiracy theorising already. They all do this sort of promotion, just because one gets it does not mean they all should the same thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Oh for heaven's sake not this nonsense again. Rough Copy made a video for SBtv, Sam went to Wicked and was visited by Micheal Bolton, Tamera was on radio 1 Extra. And I am sure there are more incidents for the other artists so please stop with this silly conspiracy theorising already. They all do this sort of promotion, just because one gets it does not mean they all should the same thing.

Acts are definitely allowed to be interviewed on radio and to appear at PR events, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of one being allowed to perform live on TV (outside of XF) during the live shows.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    not really sure that the crowd at hampden will be the typical Nicholas voting demographic anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These friendly games are usually cheap for kids so it will Definately increase his fan base
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the problem with this. What are the pre-final gigs they have every year of not public performances.

As for the being televised live thing, it's on Sky Sports 2, so it's hardly going out to millions of viewers. The constant pimping of Sam B on goggle box will reach more viewers. They might not even show it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with this. What are the pre-final gigs they have every year of not public performances.

As for the being televised live thing, it's on Sky Sports 2, so it's hardly going out to millions of viewers. The constant pimping of Sam B on goggle box will reach more viewers. They might not even show it.

SS2 will definitely show the anthems being sung live. As I said, it's slightly curious as I can never remember an XF act performing on TV during the live shows before.....presumably because it's not allowed by the show?
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just glad I'm not working it :p
  • Options
    NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him. I guess some of the reaction will be whether he is a billy, a dan or a tin can?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't the Scottish National Anthem supposed to be sung with passion? How's that going to work?
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    It Disney matter, the wee laddie will do us right proud!

(I'm from Kent by the way! :D )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Maybe the Scottish players will wear kilts when they stand in line, then when Nickolas finishes the anthem, give him a BRAVEHEART salute.

:D:D:D:D:D:p
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    Nicholas is singing the Scottish national anthem at the Scotland game tonight at Hampden Park in Glasgow. Such a massive opportunity for him! I wonder if they'll show it in his VT tomorrow night though?

I reckon he'll be on last tomorrow night then. If he's staying in Glasgow tonight then he won't get back down to London until late tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Well done, son! We're proud of you.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for him. Its a great gig and he will be great
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't have thought that will help Scotland's losing streak much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else getting excited to watch nicholas in action tonight?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    Good for him. Its a great gig and he will be great

won their last 3 games I believe.

:p
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is not doing star bangles banner thankfully
  • Options
    manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought that will help Scotland's losing streak much.

Scotland have won their last three games. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear lukewarm response
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Nicholas
  • Options