Options

#EELive - Anyone else confused by potential mistakes?

danp13danp13 Posts: 144
Forum Member
The way Jane kept changing from dark and mysterious in the pre recorded wedding scenes, to all happy and laughing in the live.
She was smiling when she arrived at the alter, then all mysterious when Bobby was reading his poem, then back to laughing.

Was this a mistake on behalf of Laurie Brett? I found it quite hard to follow, it felt like the momentum was all over the place !

And when Jo said 'How's Adam?', instead of 'how's Ian' as intended, did we miss out on Jane's scripted reaction to that line, which would tie in with the Lucy reveal?

Comments

• Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    She was laughing like mad as the camera cut back to her when she was saying her vows. Was that part live?
  • Options
    danp13danp13 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was, I don't know if that was a mistake or whether Jane was meant to be laughing uneasily as she was hesitant about saying her vows?
  • Options
    sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danp13 wrote: »
    The way Jane kept changing from dark and mysterious in the pre recorded wedding scenes, to all happy and laughing in the live.
    She was smiling when she arrived at the alter, then all mysterious when Bobby was reading his poem, then back to laughing.

Was this a mistake on behalf of Laurie Brett? I found it quite hard to follow, it felt like the momentum was all over the place !

And when Jo said 'How's Adam?', instead of 'how's Ian' as intended, did we miss out on Jane's scripted reaction to that line, which would tie in with the Lucy reveal?

She was smiling as she went in as she was getting married, she got dark with bobby as it sunk in he killed Lucy ;)
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were no mistakes within the wedding scenes. Abi's slight pause with Peter was intentional, both for dramatic effect and more technically, to allow for the camera to pan forwards into a close up shot of Abi's face. Jane's laughing was actually very effective, and I found it to be incredibly realistic. She was on edge, hesitant. Should she marry Ian? Shouldn't she marry Ian? Laurie portrayed this level of uncertainty perfectly with her uneasy laughter.

As for Jane's darkness, I again thought that to be particularly effective. When Bobby was delivering his speech, Jane looked ridden with guilt. Potentially, this may well have been a foreshadowing device to hint at Bobby's knowledge regarding the death of his sister. It's also interesting to note that Bobby was essentially talking about how safe and protected he feels around Jane and Ian. Again, I think that's where this whole idea of foreshadowing comes into play.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    There were no mistakes within the wedding scenes. Abi's slight pause with Peter was intentional, both for dramatic effective and to allow for the camera to pan forwards into a close up shot of Abi's face. Jane's laughing was actually very effective, and I had it to be incredibly realistic. She was on edge, hesitant. Should she marry Ian? Shouldn't she marry Ian? Laurie prorated it perfectly with her uneasy laughter. And as for her darkness, that again I found to be very effective. When Bobby was delivering his speech, Jane looked ridden with guilt. Potentially, this may well have been a foreshadowing device to hint at Bobby's knowledge regarding the death of his sister, or more simply that Jane felt guilty for keeping Bobby in the house with the killer (or even keeping him from the truth of her being the killer). It's also interesting to note that Bobby was essentially talking about how safe and protected he feels around Jane and Ian. Not for much longer, Bob.

I agree. She was meant to be a bit all over the place. She's just found out how/where her good-as-daughter was killed. You know when people say you just want to laugh in really uncomfortable/sombre situations, it would be like this x10.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I think the laughter as the scene began with 'can you repeat that' bit was unintentional and really didn't fit.
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it wasn't really a mistake, I honestly think Jane is convinced she is covering for one of the Beales, and that when she got that card from Lauren, it almost confirmed her theory.