Do you see Matt smith being a long term doctor?

2»

Comments

• sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually thinking the other day, I think it would be really nice to have Matt Smith stick around for a bit after Moffatt leaves, just to see how 11's character is handled by another writer, and possibly to link the two "era's"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt SMith is my favourite Doctor....And I do feel we have only seen a portion of his story...with The Pond Era that was his "beginning" if you will, now with Clara we are seeing his "middle" of the story come into fruition....Yes I dont think Matt should become typecast, but i do agree audiences have changed to what they used to be....Matt will be perfectly fine in other roles....but i really do not think it is even remotely close to his time to come to an end...that is not me saying it as a fan but me saying that it totally does not feel like it is close to the end of his reign on the show.

2013 will see him complete series 7, do the 50th special(s) and do series 8...but i do see him doing a couple years beyond that too :)

I think doing half a decade in the role 2015/16 will be perfect for Matt Smith :)
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt SMith is my favourite Doctor....And I do feel we have only seen a portion of his story...with The Pond Era that was his "beginning" if you will, now with Clara we are seeing his "middle" of the story come into fruition....Yes I dont think Matt should become typecast, but i do agree audiences have changed to what they used to be....Matt will be perfectly fine in other roles....but i really do not think it is even remotely close to his time to come to an end...that is not me saying it as a fan but me saying that it totally does not feel like it is close to the end of his reign on the show.

2013 will see him complete series 7, do the 50th special(s) and do series 8...but i do see him doing a couple years beyond that too :)

I think doing half a decade in the role 2015/16 will be perfect for Matt Smith :)

I agree with the 'his story' thing! However, I think they have compromised this now by having the beginning go on for too long. Its eaten far to much into the middle imo! I don't think we will see an outcome like this even though it would be so gratifying!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I think CE was way too short, but then that his Chris, he never seems to stay in a role for long, crikey he was even invisible in Heroes! I always thought DT looked jaded after CT left and whilst I appreciate the logistics, I would have liked to see 10 regenerate straight after Donna left, the S4 specials are not, IMO, David's best acting. Matt has been so much better than a lot of posters initially gave him credit for, and it is good to see so much positive energy for him on these forums. For me? Regenerate in the 50th anniversary, after all, it is the lynchpin of the show, and Moff has already solved the number of regenerations issues, so Dr Who can carry on for a good few years yet. But Matt has been superb:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want him to go but I feel, if he were to, we should get a regen HALF WAY through the 8th series as it would then mean we'd have to get used to it straight away rather than waiting an entire few months/a year before the next episode...be a shock as well for NuWho

But anyway, I voted yes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    If it were up to me, I'd like to see another couple of series with Matt as the Doctor, as I think he's doing such a great job and still has places to go with the character - however I do have an ominous feeling that there may be some kind of announcement after the 50th celebrations that he's leaving. Don't know why, but I do.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greymarl wrote: »
    If it were up to me, I'd like to see another couple of series with Matt as the Doctor, as I think he's doing such a great job and still has places to go with the character - however I do have an ominous feeling that there may be some kind of announcement after the 50th celebrations that he's leaving. Don't know why, but I do.

I get that feeling too. but I'd love Matt to stay, he's just mesmerising, the way he was instantly the Doctor and as a young man he can act childlike one moment and channel an ancient being the next. Whatever happens I feel sorry for the next one having to follow him, same as with Eccleston who was incredibly compelling. It took a long time to get used to Tennant and then he went on too long. Can't win sometimes:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely feel the next actor who portrays the 12th Doctor has massive boots to fill definitely agreed there....Matt is just electric in the role in a way never quite seen before....like he is all the previous 10 incarnations yet at the same time his own character and persona...its so iconic and is a real draw week in week out :)

I look forward to see where Matt heads next in the role :) The rest of series 7, the 50th, Series 8 and beyond :) I would love him to be longer in the role for so many reasons, he still has more to showcase. ANd i feel he is the most worthy successor to Tom if he did achieve close to his tenure...we will see but it is definitely too soon for Matt Smith to leave :)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    I feel really bad because whenever I see Matt interviewed I think he's lovely, but his Doctor just hasn't worked for me. It's mainly because I haven't enjoyed Moffat's take on Who - maybe a new exec producer would make his Doctor for me.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely feel the next actor who portrays the 12th Doctor has massive boots to fill definitely agreed there....Matt is just electric in the role in a way never quite seen before....like he is all the previous 10 incarnations yet at the same time his own character and persona...its so iconic and is a real draw week in week out :)

I look forward to see where Matt heads next in the role :) The rest of series 7, the 50th, Series 8 and beyond :) I would love him to be longer in the role for so many reasons, he still has more to showcase. ANd i feel he is the most worthy successor to Tom if he did achieve close to his tenure...we will see but it is definitely too soon for Matt Smith to leave :)

I'm with this. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with this. :)

Fingers crossed.:)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think Matt's a wonderful Doctor but I actually also think we're past the halfway mark with his tenure on the show and I can actually see him leaving in Series 8, but if so, hopefully towards the end of it though. That way he will have done four full series prior to leaving.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would feel a bit cheated actually if he went too soon. I think he needs to be given a really good story arc to end his tenure. He was ill served by S6 and deserves a classic defining story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed.:)

Believe me...everything is crossed :D
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think once we get to the fields of Tranzalore we will find out if he's staying or going. That's if that story happens this year or next.
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he will leave end of this year or early next. 11 needs a good send off. Interesting to see whaot happens next. Who will be the 12th ?. Roll on april and 7.2 :)