ps vita

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Was playing InFamous 2 last night and the format and structure of that game would lend itself so well to a portable heandheld. Its mission based some of Coles powers could be translated into touch controls to eleviate the need for R2/3 and L2/3 being missing on the Vita. There has to be a Vita Infamous in the pipeline sony would be crazy not to do it.
  • da_sizda_siz Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was playing InFamous 2 last night and the format and structure of that game would lend itself so well to a portable heandheld. Its mission based some of Coles powers could be translated into touch controls to eleviate the need for R2/3 and L2/3 being missing on the Vita. There has to be a Vita Infamous in the pipeline sony would be crazy not to do it.

I agree with you there, would love an infamous for the Vita!

I only bought mine last sat and i love it!!

Only problem is that i really did not realise the lack of full game titles for it! i hope sony have a large rush towards the end of the year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of news of a price cut, badly want one but can't afford the current price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nippon Ichi has announced a new RPG, which could head our way, not so sure about their other Vita title, Special Report Division though.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think with Little Big Planet and Fifa 13 out September and Assassins Creed out in October for the Vita we will see a price drop or bundles for those.

Well I would do it I was in charge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time been waiting for a price cut for ages.
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So let me get this straight. It's been out for less than 6 months, it can be had for £20-30 less than RRP already, and people are expecting a price drop?

I suspect you're going to be waiting a while yet.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time someone from SCE is interviewed they are asked about a Vita price drop and every time they say that they will not be reducing the price.

If people shopped around instead of moaning about the price, they could have picked up a WiFi/3G Vita for as little as £169/£210 from places like Zavvi about a month ago. Now they (and many other well known retailers) have put their prices back up, but there are still several retailers selling the WiFI Vita for £169 right now.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I might consider one when they add PS1 support. i have a psp already but some of the ps1 games are a bit crap with just one stick.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon are now selling the Vita at £169.99 and includes a free 4GB memory card - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054Q82WI
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I was thinking PS vita can be connected to 3G in a similar way as cellphones can be connected to 3G network. Otherwise, they can be used with wifi connection like smartphones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking PS vita can be connected to 3G in a similar way as cellphones can be connected to 3G network. Otherwise, they can be used with wifi connection like smartphones.

Yes they can be tethered to a smartphone or MiFi device.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered one yesterday, £130 for the Wi-Fi version with a game and 8Gb card.

Thank you voucher abuse :D
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    That's really could & I'd buy again for that price with the games and 8gig card. Where & how did you get that or was it vouchers you could only use yourself?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco.

The code is 15OFF25 for 15% off £25 or more spend, runs out 21st July or 5,000 uses. Doesn't work on consoles unless you add £25 of other goods (card and game!). It has been about for a few days so will probably run out soon if it hasn't already.

Quidco gave an extra 10% cashback (now down to 8%), so you get 15% off spend then 10% back on the discounted spend.

To get the double discount purchase gift vouchers at the discount price, then send them to another email address, sign up to Tesco again with that email and use the gift vouchers with the discount code.

So you end up using £200 worth of gift vouchers you purchased at an effective near-25% off and then applying the discount again along with the cashback again.

Even if the cashback doesn't come through - and I've never had a problem before - £170 is the cost to me and still a good deal.

If only you could buy gift vouchers with gift vouchers :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I simply couldn’t justify owning it any longer.

I’ve never owned such a badly supported piece of kit; the only thing I could see myself playing is Call of Duty but after seeing the shambles they made of Resistance I haven’t got high hopes for a Vita online shooter tbh :(

I’ve played through Unit 13, Uncharted, Resistance, Everybody’s Golf and Rayman and unfortunately they’ve all kind of disappointed me, all solid 7-8/10’s but not a single killer title among them.

Even LBP beta was a disappointment after playing the first two games so much:o

The browser is also terrible, how come even the cheapest smart phones have a better browser than the Vita?

I kept holding on to it telling myself it’ll get better but sadly it just hasn’t so it was time to say goodbye.

I sincerely hope Sony pull their fingers out and start giving the Vita some attention soon:cry:

What a waste of time and money:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHANK0055 wrote: »

I’ve never owned such a badly supported piece of kit; the only thing I could see myself playing is Call of Duty but after seeing the shambles they made of Resistance I haven’t got high hopes for a Vita online shooter tbh :(

I’ve played through Unit 13, Uncharted, Resistance, Everybody’s Golf and Rayman and unfortunately they’ve all kind of disappointed me, all solid 7-8/10’s but not a single killer title among them.

The browser is also terrible, how come even the cheapest smart phones have a better browser than the Vita?

I kept holding on to it telling myself it’ll get better but sadly it just hasn’t so it was time to say goodbye.

I sincerely hope Sony pull their fingers out and start giving the Vita some attention soon:cry:

I've owned almost all consoles at launch and not one has been great during the first 12 months, the first year is 'we were given kits here is what we came up with' year to is when good games really start to show up

so im my opinion you bought to soon and sold to soon
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I've owned almost all consoles at launch and not one has been great during the first 12 months, the first year is 'we were given kits here is what we came up with' year to is when good games really start to show up

so im my opinion you bought to soon and sold to soon

I have to agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Personally I think cost is the factor, if this was £150 with 3G and a 8GB memory card it would be a great seller.

Also Sony would still be making over £40 profit per sale...

I still stick by my earlier post, so until this is true I won't be getting one (even if it didn't have 3G this should be the cost IMO).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd say that's about right, and is why i plummed for it now with that cheeky double discount.

Never seen the memory card until now, how do they get away with charging so much for something so small!
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game "Puddle" is dropping on the store next week.

Puddle Trailer - YouTube

I never played the ps3 version so I might get this.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say that's about right, and is why i plummed for it now with that cheeky double discount.

Never seen the memory card until now, how do they get away with charging so much for something so small!
    It's new technology and new tech is generally expensive. When the PSP launched in Sept 2005, a 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo cost over £100 and that was for the cheaper non-Sony manufactured sticks. Several months later when they 4GB MS Pro Duo was launched, they too cost over £100. Guess how much the 8GB MS Pro Duo cost when they launched a year later?

It's not just the MS either, look back at how much the highest capacity SD/Micro SD/USB storage cost when they launched and it is exactly the same.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    SHANK0055 wrote: »

I have a friend who is thinking of selling his. He got one on launch but when i showed him the upcoming release schedule he couldn't believe there was so little coming out,
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is strange. I have only got three games FIFA, Uncharted and Gravity Rush and will probably only buy FIFA 13 and Assassins Creed this year but I still think it is well worth the money.

The entitlement that some people feel these days and the rush and glee to rubbish something to make that person feel better about themselves is truly saddening to witness.
  • Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    For me, there is no value in selling it now.

At the moment only LBP and Call of Duty interest me in terms of future games being released. But it will clearly pick up in the future, just needs time like every other platform before it.

The potential shown in games like Uncharted and FIFA show that it won't be going away anytime soon.

As for now, I will just stick to my IPad for gaming on the go.