Options

Come Dine With Me 2010 (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back to Peterborough and Carolle cooking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carolle’s menu.

Starter: halal curried chicken soup.
    Main: salmon 'a la Carolle' served with new potatoes and a green leaf salad.
    Pudding: fresh fruit brulee to end her evening.

Carolle’s menu.

She’s having a 70s themed night.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does 70s night equate to school disco uniform?

Parveen didn't make much effort!

lol at "Augustus Gloop" :D
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Is that brown mark on one side of Carol's dress from the dog?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carolle’s scores.
    Parveen, 7; Aly, 5; Shane, 6; Ricky, 6. Total: 24.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

Parveen didn't make much effort!

lol at "Augustus Gloop" :D

It’s because Aly was 4 in the 60s – that’s what DL said as she arrived.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

nearest she could get to being four in 1977.

I do think Carolle should have re-thought her arithmetic in regard to her guests or just said 'dress like it's 1977' rather than the more specific direction.

G
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not often I feel this way, but none of the guests seem particularly likeable. I'll admit I only see it in bits and drabs, but I've not really enjoyed what I've seen. Bringing a dog to the dinner table when you're not sure how your guests are going to react is not the best of ideas either.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not often I feel this way, but none of the guests seem particularly likeable. I'll admit I only see it in bits and drabs, but I've not really enjoyed what I've seen. Bringing a dog to the dinner table when you're not sure how your guests are going to react is not the best of ideas either.

Ricky is OK, just looks a plonker.

G
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Alex482 wrote: »
    Jodie's tattoos are hideous. She's made herself look completely cheap and trashy.

I have to say that the most fascinating thing about the show was Jodie Marsh's physical appearance.

She looked like a pastiche of a human being, as if some modern-day Frankenstein had assembled her from entirely mis-matched parts.

What on earth was going on with that razor-thin nose that ended in a bulbous tip? Where on earth did those bizarre lips come from - some giant fish? The stretched skin of her face made her look as though she was standing in a wind tunnel and the huge breasts were frankly ludicrous.

Add some huge, hideous tramp stamps, a mass of obviously dyed hair extensions, paint the whole thing bright orange and you've got someone that makes Jordan look almost human in comparison.

Much was made by Dave Lamb of Lembit's staring at her - personally I think it was in disbelief rather than desire.
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Yup. I've even turned over to catch the bit I missed on +1. What's the betting Lembit and Jodie will be the next tabloid couple? :o:D

Think Jodie Marsh said something like " I don't want Cheeky Girls seconds,and Dave Lamb came back with when did you become so choosy or something on those lines.

Thought her PETA poster looked better than the real thing, no fake tan or horrible tattoos.

A well deserved winner her food looked really good , especially the pud.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone's interested, Iain did an interview with Jodie on his radio show last night. It was really interesting. They talked a bit about CDWM and also Jodie's new profession as a tattoo artist:eek:

You can probably download the podcast from Itunes or the Absolute Radio website:
    http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/podcasts/Iain-Lee-on-Absolute-Radio

On another note:
    Missie_M wrote: »
    No never, but I shall see if I can find it on C4OD or YouTube

It's not a funny one, I just liked it because all the contestents were interesting, the show was very dramatic due to one person and there as a twist at the end of the show; also because Bill Buckley's an ex-LBC presenter as well like Iain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    On another note:

It's not a funny one, I just liked it because all the contestents were interesting, the show was very dramatic due to one person and there as a twist at the end of the show; also because Bill Buckley's an ex-LBC presenter as well like Iain.

Unfortunately it that episode is one of the few of that series not available on C4OD and C4 have also blocked it on YouTube :(
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is the actions of a selfish person. She didn't care whether they objected or not. Having dog hair, slobber or anything else that they might have about them, ending up in the food or drink might not bother her but she should show some concern for her guests. she would have lost a hell of a lot of points if I was at that meal. She did come across as a "stuff you, I'm having a great time" kinda person.

The posse load of wigs suggests someone who is not very happy with who they are...or someone very boring.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the actions of a selfish person. She didn't care whether they objected or not. Having dog hair, slobber or anything else that they might have about them, ending up in the food or drink might not bother her but she should show some concern for her guests. she would have lost a hell of a lot of points if I was at that meal. She did come across as a "stuff you, I'm having a great time" kinda person.

I think you'd have to go a long way to top putting a snake on the dinner table that then proceeds to empty it bowels all over the tablecloth.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    I think you'd have to go a long way to top putting a snake on the dinner table that then proceeds to empty it bowels all over the tablecloth.
    Why anyone feels the need to have pets at or on the dinner table whilst they have guests eating is something I'll ever understand.
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The posse load of wigs suggests someone who is not very happy with who they are...or someone very boring.

Spot on. She comes across as quite a bitter person actually and very self-centred. The business with the dogs was crazy - I've got 2 dogs and I make sure they are not even in the same room as any guests when dining and they are banned from the kitchen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LST NIGHT CRACKED ME UP. People who are obsessed with their pets. Either lonely or batty I've decided. Sitting it on her lap at the table whilst people are still eating... yuk. Kissing your dog is disgusting its licked its bum, they eat other dogs poo's, the sniff other dogs bums and eat dog food. All of which are gross items in my mind. Don't care if the dog is by people's feet but not at the table.

They had a catering manager on before and everyone hated their food also. I think it says a lot personally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh don't get me started on pets at the dinner table, let along letting one lick your face whilst you're eating and/or drinking out of your wine glass. *Shudder*

I agree with whoever said none of them seem very likeable. Even Ricky seems a bit of an arrogant tosser at times and he's the 'normal' one.

And I also agree that she should have thought out her theme more; I would have had to turn up in a brown and orange babygro. I did laugh when Shane said he would have to come as a sperm!
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parveen is a flipping nightmare. Don't really like any of them but she is by far the worst. Shane is just a little bit weird. At least when he didn't eat Parveen's food on Monday he was reasonably decent amd slightly apologetic about it. Whereas P is just a rude selfish cow all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it but Parveen reminds me of someone they had on before that took her own chilli sauce everywhere as she decided their food would be bland. So rude. Its really narrowminded. Why go on there if you aren't willing to try other people's food choices
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    mirabelle wrote: »
    I missed it but Parveen reminds me of someone they had on before that took her own chilli sauce everywhere as she decided their food would be bland. So rude. Its really narrowminded. Why go on there if you aren't willing to try other people's food choices

Wasn't it a Sri Lankan lady who seemed to automatically dislike everyone elses food - and she'd hosted first.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    Wasn't it a Sri Lankan lady who seemed to automatically dislike everyone elses food - and she'd hosted first.

Was that Tanya the shoes in the shed lady?

Seem to be awash with CDWM today, one on at 5pm and another at 8PM (I think)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that Tanya the shoes in the shed lady?

Seem to be awash with CDWM today, one on at 5pm and another at 8PM (I think)

Wasn't Tanya the one who just didn't eat. She was very thin and I think she had food issues as she didn't eat on her night either.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mirabelle wrote: »
    Wasn't Tanya the one who just didn't eat. She was very thin and I think she had food issues as she didn't eat on her night either.

There`s been so many ladies it`s hard to remember, but one of my favourites was definitely Vera the dinner lady :D
This discussion has been closed.